Manage your personal tasks and goals using Scrum-like approach.
Making the process as simple as possible, ScrumOne lets you:
• plan and execute your tasks;
• focus on your current goals;
• view the progress and stay on track;
• measure your productivity.
What is Scrum?
Scrum is a project management strategy. It appeared in late 80s and quickly became very popular. The fact is that most of the projects in software development now are using this approach. It is also becoming more and more popular in other areas, including one-man projects.
How it works?
A main characteristic of Scrum is that it's iterative. Rather than planning out every detail in advance, you'll work in small chunks, stopping frequently to re-evaluate, learn, and change course if needed. These small chunks of time are called Iterations or Sprints. For one-man Scrum usually it is one week long. When an iteration starts, you focus only on goals and tasks you want to achieve during this period. After an iteration finishes, you re-evaluate what has been achieved and what is next and start new iteration.
So, all you need to do:
1. At the beginning of an iteration you select priority tasks which you can complete during this time (e.g. one week).
2. Then, once a day, you mark completed tasks or update remaining time on tasks that are in progress. This way, on Burn Down chart, you can clearly see if you are on track.
3. At the end of the iteration you see measured results: how much was accomplished and what your actual productivity is. You can also self-reflect on where you excel and what can be improved. This is valuable experience, which will help in achieving your next goals.
4. You execute next iteration by repeating these simple steps.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Switched to freemium model with in-app purchases.
Ratings and Reviews
No backlog, workflow is not aligned to Scrum
This could be an excellent app for individuals with a few enhancements: backlog, projects, task notes, moving tasks between iterations or back to backlog.
As it is today, I would not buy this app again.
This app has promise, but there is no backlog feature - a core element of Scrum, and there is no support for Projects. If you work more than 1 project, you can’t assign tasks to projects or group work by project.
It feels like the workflow was designed backwards: The current workflow requires the user to create an iteration and then assign tasks to the iteration. Tasks cannot be moved to a different iteration.
The user should be able to enter tasks (in a backlog) and then assign selected tasks to an iteration. Also there is no support for task notes - so you can’t record information important to completing a task.
I hope some enhancements are in the works. There are few apps that support Scrum for individuals, most are designed for teams and require too much data entry.
As an academic, I’m constantly trying to find the least overwhelming but productive workflow. I recently started researching Agile and Scrum for a class I’m teaching and thought to myself: “What a great way to plan and track productivity for personal projects? ... I wonder if there is an app for Scrum?”
Of course, there are a lot of Agile project management apps but none of them work for me. They assume a large collaborative team and don’t work well with other workflows of mine. ScrumOne is the solution I would have built if I knew how. This really just focuses on planning sprints and tracking progress. No other app does it this way.
Doesn’t update tasks retroactively
I tried to update a task that I had completed yesterday — selected 0 hours left, selected that I did it yesterday — and the task was recreated in the project. Super annoying.
The developer, Andrii Red'ko, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Andrii Red'ko
- 28 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Andrii Redko
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Full version $3.99
- Support the project $2.99
- Support the project+ $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.