The hybrid synthesis algorithm on which Addictive Pro is based provides you with efficient means for easy control of complex sounds far beyond usual sound synthesis methods:
Addictive Pro provides you a with unique form of Wavetable oscillators. These Wavetables are generated from the harmonic content and the free digital filter structure entered by the user.
The sound of up to 12 of this Wavetable oscillators is then further refined with a classic analog filter available in several 24dB and 12dB forms.
For the optional noise part of the sound you can use the same sophisticated digital filter struct as for the wavetable oscillators allowing for a vast variety of ever changing noisescapes.
The intelligent sound and rhythm randomizer can be applied to different sound aspects separately for really useful sound design and inspiration.
A four part polyrhythm Arpeggiator creates complex rhythmical structures with a touch of a finger.
Hybrid synthesis engine
• Wavetable spectrum synthesis
• Noise spectrum synthesis
• Virtual Analog synthesis
• FM and Ringmodulation synthesis
• Twelve wavetable spectrum oscillators per voice.
• Morphing between two wave/filter sets.
• Waves contain up to 256 partials.
• Hand drawn filter structure.
• Spectral noise generator using hand drawn filter structure.
• Ten major sound parameters each with independent poly LFO and envelope modulators.
• Real time parameter control using two X/Y touch pads, the tilt sensors of the iPad and MIDI Controllers.
• Monophonic or polyphonic with up to 16 voices.
• 300 factory presets, unlimited user presets can be shared.
• Seven studio standard effects concurrently usable:
• Oversampled distortion with four different algorithms for antialiased sound.
• Low / High equalizer
• 8 pole analog Phaser
• Four line chorus
• Stereo/Ping-Pong delay with glitch free delay time change.
• Hi end reverberation unit.
Four part Polyrhythm Arpeggiator
• Uses programmable sequences with up to 32 steps.
• Can trigger single notes and chords.
• Unique randomizer generates Arpeggios with 100% usability.
• Factory arpeggios included, unlimited user arpeggios possible.
• For each step you can program tie, accent, transposition and note order
• Play melodies live with the onscreen keyboard. Unique drag function for slides and vibrato.
• AudioUnit Instrument
• Audiobus 2 with state saving
• Inter App Audio
• Ableton Link support
• Can use CoreMIDI compatible MIDI Keyboard.
• Select from dozens of scales and play them with scale optimized keyboard layout.
• Audio recorder with share function.
• Share user presets.
• Support for virtual MIDI input connections.
• Multichannel MIDI Learn for external MIDI controllers.
• Ableton Link compatible.
• MIDI Tempo sync. Start/Stop Arpeggio.
• MIDI bank/program change.
• Import function for Addictive Synth presets.
• File sharing of presets via iTunes possible
- Crash on import Addictive presets fixed
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Is hard. But this is a great way to start studying it. Might want to review by looking up its little brother-addictive synth manual. Some video tutorials about additive synthesis and how to use this app would be VERY WISE. Sorry for caps but I want to make sure they see it. Great company and great Job!
GREAT APPS, BUT...
Every Virsyn synthesizer I’ve gotten on the iPad has turned into one of my all time favorites; fantastic stuff, amazing sounds, the random patch generator is unbelievable. But...
Virsyn could do much better in the support department. There have been only a couple of times I’ve contacted them via the support email on their website, no response.
Currently, there is a big problem with Addictive Pro, and several other apps. I just got a newer iPad (Air 3) which will only operate at 48khz sampling rate; Addictive Pro is set to 44.1, and there is no way to set it to 48. The result is that the whole app is a step & a half sharp to everything else. This makes it unusable.
Other complaint: for some reason, when I restored my iCloud backup to the new iPad, all of my user presets were gone. This has happened before, the last time I changed from an iPad 4 to an Air 2. That needs to be fixed; I contacted Virsyn support about that problem, and got no response.
It’s really irritating to have such fantastic apps available, and have such poor support for them.
Why does it keep quitting?
When I use this app on GarageBand, for some reason it keeps quitting. If you fix this bug again, then I will give it five stars. I like the synths though.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.