The hybrid synthesis algorithm on which Addictive Pro is based provides you with efficient means for easy control of complex sounds far beyond usual sound synthesis methods:
Addictive Pro provides you a with unique form of Wavetable oscillators. These Wavetables are generated from the harmonic content and the free digital filter structure entered by the user.
The sound of up to 12 of this Wavetable oscillators is then further refined with a classic analog filter available in several 24dB and 12dB forms.
For the optional noise part of the sound you can use the same sophisticated digital filter struct as for the wavetable oscillators allowing for a vast variety of ever changing noisescapes.
The intelligent sound and rhythm randomizer can be applied to different sound aspects separately for really useful sound design and inspiration.
A four part polyrhythm Arpeggiator creates complex rhythmical structures with a touch of a finger.
Hybrid synthesis engine
• Wavetable spectrum synthesis
• Noise spectrum synthesis
• Virtual Analog synthesis
• FM and Ringmodulation synthesis
• Twelve wavetable spectrum oscillators per voice.
• Morphing between two wave/filter sets.
• Waves contain up to 256 partials.
• Hand drawn filter structure.
• Spectral noise generator using hand drawn filter structure.
• Ten major sound parameters each with independent poly LFO and envelope modulators.
• Real time parameter control using two X/Y touch pads, the tilt sensors of the iPad and MIDI Controllers.
• Monophonic or polyphonic with up to 16 voices.
• 300 factory presets, unlimited user presets can be shared.
• Seven studio standard effects concurrently usable:
• Oversampled distortion with four different algorithms for antialiased sound.
• Low / High equalizer
• 8 pole analog Phaser
• Four line chorus
• Stereo/Ping-Pong delay with glitch free delay time change.
• Hi end reverberation unit.
Four part Polyrhythm Arpeggiator
• Uses programmable sequences with up to 32 steps.
• Can trigger single notes and chords.
• Unique randomizer generates Arpeggios with 100% usability.
• Factory arpeggios included, unlimited user arpeggios possible.
• For each step you can program tie, accent, transposition and note order
• Play melodies live with the onscreen keyboard. Unique drag function for slides and vibrato.
• AudioUnit Instrument
• Audiobus 2 with state saving
• Inter App Audio
• Ableton Link support
• Can use CoreMIDI compatible MIDI Keyboard.
• Select from dozens of scales and play them with scale optimized keyboard layout.
• Audio recorder with share function.
• Share user presets.
• Support for virtual MIDI input connections.
• Multichannel MIDI Learn for external MIDI controllers.
• Ableton Link compatible.
• MIDI Tempo sync. Start/Stop Arpeggio.
• MIDI bank/program change.
• Import function for Addictive Synth presets.
• File sharing of presets via iTunes possible
- Crash on import Addictive presets fixed
Ratings and Reviews
Is hard. But this is a great way to start studying it. Might want to review by looking up its little brother-addictive synth manual. Some video tutorials about additive synthesis and how to use this app would be VERY WISE. Sorry for caps but I want to make sure they see it. Great company and great Job!
Why does it keep quitting?
When I use this app on GarageBand, for some reason it keeps quitting. If you fix this bug again, then I will give it five stars. I like the synths though.
Update: Third time is a charm, as they say. Finally the IAA transport bar has been placed where, when concealed, it no longer covers any area that is needed while actually playing Addictive Pro.
The developer is very responsive, even if it did take three tries at a sensible location for the IAA transport bar. Back to five stars though!
I absolutely love Addictive Pro. I think it's their best app to date. It'll take me a while to get my head around everything Addictive Pro can do and to utilize all it has to offer, which is a lot! Especially the poly-rhythm arpeggiator! I love it!
Ok, I held off on my app review after their initial release where the developer placed the IAA transport bar on top of Wave B tab. I gave them their solution. To put it in the upper left corner and have a tab that expands and conceals it. What do they do? Place it on top of the keyboard range/size adjustment!!!! Yes, they do allow concealing it partially, but it still cover a significant part of it. I am dumb founded how ANYONE can be that DUMB! Does Audiobus own them or something? They do use the tab to expand and conceal Audiobus like I suggested they do for the IAA transport bar. While I love this synth, I'm deleting it and all their other apps I own and moving on. Simply incredible and very sad.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.