Built for Live performance and hands free use, Quantiloop recreates the simplicity of a hardware loop pedal in an iOS app. Attach a MIDI foot controller and control it the way you want. No MIDI controller at hand; just preset your loop length, enable auto–record or a count–in and your loops will automatically close, no hands or feet required. Big onscreen controls allow for easy configuration and tactile control by vocalists or beat boxers. Focus on your performance instead of fiddling with dip switches or complex menu’s.
Create 4 tracks with endless layers of overdubs to build your performance. Record a Chorus, Verse and Bridge and switch between them seamlessly or create a 1 bar percussie loop on track one, a 4 bar chord progression on track two and layer a bass line on top, all in perfect synchronisation.
The builtin rhythm guide provides a rhythmic backing. Use the internal metronome for practice, import drum loops from virtually anywhere or host and control your favourite rhythm apps to enhance your performance. MIDI master lets you control MIDI hardware, and MIDI slave lets Quantiloop follow it. Ableton Link lets you even play in time over WiFi with external apps and devices. Quantisation aligns your actions to the nearest measure or beat so you stay in time, and real-time tempo control sets the pace. Prefer setting your own pace, disable quantisation and Quantiloop will react to your actions with minimum latency to create tight synchronised recordings.
Assign up to 3 simultaneous effects to the input. Use the built-in transpose to covert your guitar into a bass, or host your guitar amp sim directly in Quantiloop. The results will be recorded into your loops.
Or assign up to 3 simultaneous track effects to the output. Use the tape stop to add drama, introduce a key change to build up your performance, or host an Inter-App audio/AU reverb processor. Track FX may be assigned to a single track, all tracks or the combined output.
• Free, Synced and Paralel,Serial, Mixed Playing Styles
• Multiple Quantise Modes
• Multiple Stop Modes
• Unique Dub Mode and Mute Mode
• Unlimited Overdubs
• Overdub Decay
• Undo / Redo
• Auto Record
• High quality stereo audio
• Clear loop status display
• Rhythm guide with optional auto-start, auto-stop and count-in
• Audible and Visual Metronome
• Send start, stop and host sync to hosted rhythm apps.
• Sync to host when embedded in an Inter-App-Audio host
• Real-time Tempo Control
• Extensive MIDI control
• Multiple Assignments per MIDI controller (tap, hold, double tap)
• MIDI Program Change support for changing presets
• Supports Audiobus and Inter-App-Audio and Audio Units (AUv3)
• Individual outputs for each track and rhythm
• Synchronise to other apps and devices with Ableton Link
• MIDI clock sync (both slave and master)
• 4 physical/iaa/au/audiobus inputs routable to any track
• 8 outputs (main, monitor, track 1-4, rhythm, input out)
• 3 assignable input Fx, including transpose, reverb and IAA, AUv3
• 3 assignable track Fx, including transpose, reverse, tape stop, fade and IAA, AUv3
• Cloud (iCloud, Dropbox, Audioshare …) import / export
• Open In
• Store Phrase Presets in unlimited banks with 100 presets each
• Individual Volume and panning controls for each track
General Improvements and Fixes
- Fixed display on iPad Pro 11 inch
- Improved Tap-Tempo
- Reduced CPU usage at low latency settings
- Fixed an issue that could cause pops in recorded audio when switching apps and connected to multiple inputs
- Fix an issue that caused rhyhtm auto-start to be out of sync with manual output latency comp set
- On changing timesignature change BPM so audio does not timestretch
- Fixed an issue at that would cause recordings to fail at the lowest latency settings
- Fixed: an issue where an instant dub was stopped to earlly when switching serial tracks
- Fixed some issues with Compressor AU
- Don’t send MIDI start messages when switching loops if rhythm already playing
Added several Advanced Options
- Option to skip empty presets when changing presets over MIDI
- Option to always round tap-tempo to whole numbers
- Option to store user buttons assignments (track 3/4) globally instead of per preset
- Option to disallow preset changes (from MIDI) when something is playing in advanced options
- MIDI timestamp option for tap-tempo (when enabled MIDI timestamps are used which is most accurate) However some controller like the IRIG blueboard don’t send correct timestamps. (See also quantiloop.com/midicontrol)
- Added statesaving
- Audiobus Remote triggers for enabling FX
Ratings and Reviews
This App Is Incredible.
The funny thing is that Quantiloop is SO much more than THE fantastic multi-track looper you need. It has some great built-in features. I use the “Transpose” effect as my bass guitar. I use the Lumbeat Soft Drummer. I toy with the MANY AUV3 effects and instruments. It’s. Just. Crazy. That all of these features are available in an app. Crazy.
Thanks to the developer for realizing a vision that everyone can use! The midi controls are simple to assign. I’m using the AirTurn BT200S-6. The only “real” work I’ve had to do is getting the “right” (gotta tweak everything, right?) signal from my audio interface. I’m using the Presonus Studio 26c 2x4, but I know there are several lower cost options out there that sound good and will work just as well.
This app is tremendous for the super low cost! There’s nothing you can’t do with this app as a musician and singer who performs live.
New favorite looper
I stumbled on this app about two weeks ago and I’ve been down a rabbit hole ever since! I paired it with a Focusrite interface with 10 outputs and have discrete outs for all four tracks in stereo plus whatever I’m feeding into the input.
This is HUGE! I have been thinking about a looper with discrete outputs for many years. I run it in sync with my DAW and ended up with a session that is very editable and way more useful in composition than loops that are stuck together in one pair of outputs.
The time stretching sounds really good also. Combine these features with the slew of triggering and sync and IO options and you end up with the most complete looping solution I have ever come across. I have them all from the Echoplex Digital Pro through the crazy EHX offerings. They can’t hold a candle to this app.
Excellent Highway MPG & Improved Automatic Transmission
With a 3.4 liter V6 engine that touts 6000 highway mpg, Quantilooper Pro is much @‘more than a multitrack looper. The visual interface comes with a hue slider so the color can be changed whenever you feel the need, which for me was the biggest issue with Loopers I’ve had/still use/used in the past ... if they can’t change hue in the moment, then they probably sound horrible, which is not the case so much for my DittoX2 by TC Electronics, but it can’t hold as many passengers as the Quantilooper Pro.
but seriously... it’s a pretty big music production app that gets a lot of things right as it pushes the limit of possibilities for what a looper should be.
- Stephan Marx
- 18.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016-2019 Stephan Marx
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.