Keep your contacts, notes, and family tree all in one app with Mai Tais!
Mai Tais (pronounced "my ties") is a contact-like app where you combine your contacts, notes, and family tree members in one organized app.
WHAT IS A MAI TAI?
A mai tai is similar to a contact, with all the same details (like name, phone, email, addresses, etc), but you can do much more with a mai tai:
SWIPE TO COMMUNICATE
- simply swipe your mai tai from the main list to text, email, call or FaceTime, using the familiar iPhone tools.
- create/manage groups for your mai tais to generate group texts and emails, and to filter your main mai tai list. Texts and emails can be for the whole group or you can filter the list before sending.
- create categories (including a name, color, and order) and assign one to each mai tai. Use these categories to colorize, filter, and sort your mai tais. The free app includes 5 categories to customize, though you can purchase unlimited, if desired.
ADD "TAI'D TO" / "TAI'D HOW"
- indicate who and how each mai tai links into your overall mai tai network (e.g. John's brother, my co-worker), which will be displayed under each mai tai's name. Mai Tais comes with many relationships built-in, but you can add any relationship you want.
ADD PARENTS/SPOUSES TO BUILD YOUR FAMILY TREE
- attach parents and spouses to your mai tais to build out your family tree. All other direct relationships (siblings and children) will be added automatically. And you will see all these related mai tais on each mai tai's detail view. You can also jump to a relative's details with a simple tap.
SEE RELATIONSHIP CHAINS
- by selecting any two mai tais, you can see how they are related, either through your family tree (from the parents/spouses added) or through the "tai'd to's"/"tai'd how's" assigned. For family tree chains, when a common ancestor exists, the named relationship (e.g 1st cousins) will be displayed.
ADD MULTIPLE NOTES
- a simple swipe of a mai tai will bring up the note-taking window
- create as many notes as needed per mai tai, including the date/time the note was created.
ADD CUSTOM DETAILS
- create your own details to attach to your mai tais. You create the type (e.g. college, gender, favorite food, shoe size, etc) and add the values of each type to assign.
MANAGE MAI TAI DATES THROUGH BUILT-IN CALENDAR
- use the built-in calendar to see, add, edit, and delete dates for your mai tais.
- customize the calendar colors and scroll direction
- start a text, email, call, or FaceTime with the mai tai directly from the calendar.
- sync your mai tai dates to your favorite calendar
IMPORT YOUR CONTACTS or CREATE YOUR OWN
- Import some (or all) your contacts into Mai Tais, or you can create your own mai tais from scratch.
- Any mai tais you build from scratch will only be in Mai Tais, unless you sync them back into your Contacts.
SYNC FROM/TO IPHONE CONTACTS
- Sync your Mai Tai data to/from your iPhone Contacts as needed by running the sync utility. Only the iPhone Contact related data will be synced across the two apps.
- Consider purchasing the automatic syncing, which updates all your mai tais with latest data from your iPhone Contacts each time the Mai Tai app starts, as well as updates your iPhone Contact(s) whenever you save a mai tai.
- easily select and share your mai tais with your family and friends who are also Mai Tais users.
- The Mai Tais data is separate from your iPhone Contacts, and any imported contact data is copied into your Mai Tais data which is only on your device. All your data stays in your possession on your device. No data is copied off your device, unless you decide to share it using the Share function. No servers are used and no logins are required to use Mai Tais! Its simply your data on your device.
Thank you for all your feedback!
Version 1.1 enhancements include:
- Colorize your section headers, when sorting your mai tais by category
- Opt to include your mai tais' image when in Compact Mode
- Opt to include your mai tais' ages on the Mai Tai list and detail view
- Reorder your swipe buttons, both left and right swipes, including a new FaceTime button.
- Opt to pick your maps app each time you select a postal address
- Create one time labels that won't clutter your custom label lists
- Change the date/time of a note
- See a contact’s details, with a left swipe, before importing it
- Customize the look and feel of your calendar
- Integrate your dates with your Apple calendar
- See anniversary and birthday years on the calendar view’s mai tais
- Mai tais on calendar view now have all same swipe buttons as the main Mai Tais list
- New look, including showing the images of first two members on the group list
Plus, many, many little bug fixes/tweaks to make your overall Mai Tais experience better.
Ratings and Reviews
This app has a bunch of great features. It's
like Apple Contacts, only much better.
It allows me to take quick notes on all of my contacts for things like birthdays and names I am sure to forget.
It also maintains groups so I can easily group text my people without endlessly scrolling down my message app. You can make calls as well.
And I almost forgot - by entering simple family relationships like mom and dad, it will calculate my family tree, like 2nd cousin-once-removed, I always wanted to know that! And I love that all the info is private and kept on your device.
- Tim Chodaczek
- 23 MB
Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ©️ 2017 Zugout
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Categories & Groups $0.99
- Auto-Sync with iPhone Contacts $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.