Bash Prompt Designer
This app is a WYSIWYG editor for designing Bash prompt script. It provides common tools to design colors and styles that are applicable to Bash prompt. The generated script is applicable to most Bash implementations found both in macOS and various Linux distros. Yes, you read it right - it is not designed for macOS only.
• Text color: There are two toolbar lists that you can utilize to apply foreground/background colors to Bash prompt text.
• Text styles: These two buttons make text bold or underlined.
• Paste: You can paste existing Bash prompt script into the design view and the designer will automatically convert the script to visual colors and styles.
• Script Generation: Click on this button at anytime to generate Bash prompt script; then you can paste the generated script to your .bashrc file.
This app is both helpful to Bash experts and novices. If you have any suggestions regarding this app, please send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*FIXED: minor issues on macOS Catalina.
Ratings and Reviews
Dont waste your time
Dont waste your time on this, It sounds like a great idea but they dont offer any useful. help, or documentation. Some templates to get started with would be handy… Configuration for the actual font you use in your terminal to get an accurate preview,. Some templates to use as a starter would be super helpful, especially to show people whats capable. Youre better off just reading man-bash and learning how to design your prompt, or explore GitHub user dotfiles yourself than use this thing…
Developer Response ,
Sorry for the inconvenience. Please write to email@example.com for person-to-person help on using this app. Thanks for your purchase, though it's a free app.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Chunlei Yang
- 850.9 KB
- Requires macOS 10.8 or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2016 neolib.net. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.