Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag is a free 2D anime adventure action RPG game inspired by classic arcade beat-em ups with simple intuitive one touch controls!
Experience the action RPG that contains every aspect of Sword Art Online as characters crossover from the manga, games, and side stories all in one epic anime adventure!
HUNDREDS OF Sword Art Online CHARACTERS AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
- Collect beloved characters such as Kirito, Sinon, Yuna, and LLenn and more daring sword fighters from the SAO manga and anime!
- Upgrade characters with unique weapons and equipment, such as the Elucidator and Dark Repulser swords!
- All new versions of beloved characters available only here!
FLUID, ACTION RPG GAMEPLAY
- Tap to attack and unleash blistering combos!
- Swipe to dodge devastating attacks from terrifying floor bosses!
- Block & parry, then SWITCH! to finish your foes.
- Relive the classic arcs of the popular Japanese anime adventure and manga series as our heroes traverse the virtual MMO RPG of Sword Art Online!
- Experience virtual action-packed game adventures from outside of the anime such as Ordinal Scale and SAO Alternative: GGO!
- Explore all-new stories unique to SAO: Memory Defrag!
LIVE ONLINE MULTIPLAYER
- Party up with friends and other players in LIVE co-op missions!
- Become a Healer, Attacker, or other traditional RPG roles and unleash devastating combo moves with your allies
- OR go lone wolf and fight to clear SAO in Solo mode
- Join a guild and work together to complete special quests for exciting rewards!
Guide Kirito and the Assault Team through the virtual RPG world of Sword Art Online, as they fight to clear 100 floors of Aincrad and free themselves from the death game! Gain new allies in Alfheim Online and battle to ascend the World Tree. Travel to the barren world of Gun Gale Online to stop the killer “Death Gun” before he strikes again!
What are you waiting for? The fate of the virtual world rests in your hands! LINK START!!!
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. Website:
By downloading or installing this app, you agree to the BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Terms of Service.
Terms of Service:
This game contains some items available for in-app purchase that can enhance gameplay and speed up your progress. In-app purchases can be disabled in your device settings, see http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4213 for more details.
This application is distributed under the official rights from the license holder.
A few bugs fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
Favorite game, needs more team play
I just want to start by saying after years of downloading and playing games on the AppStore, this game has become my favorite game of all time. I’ve played for over 100 days now and I don’t have many complaints. For people talking about the scouting prices, as long as you do the events there will never be a scout you cannot do at least once. Keep up with what’s going on and you will be fine. Only thing that’s bugged me about this game is the lack of team play/guild development. Guilds don’t feel like anything more then random players put together. I’ve been in my guild for over 30 days now and haven’t talked to a single member of it once. And it’s a full 10 person active guild. Maybe you can make a guild chat and increase the guild sizes to make it feel more like a community. Another thing please add a “stay in party” button in coop. It is the most annoying thing when you find an amazing party to have to leave and join again. Please make it so you can just stay in the party, would make farming so much more easier. That’s all I have to say for now, would highly recommend the game to anyone looking for a fun competitive time.
I’m absolutely in love with this game! It takes up a good portion of my time, making sure I’m leveling up and getting better with each character I use! However, I have a few complaints I’d definitely like to address that bug me. For one, I don’t plan on putting money into the game, despite the fact I want this game to be more successful, so it makes it very very difficult to unlock new characters when the cost to unlock the x10 packs be 125 or 250 of income to unlock. Once you’re far into the game, you get stuck at a certain point where everything becomes challenging and you can’t even proceed. I also dislike how the level cap is 80, requiring you to get a special upgrading material to increase your leveling limits. The process is too abnormally long in my opinion and it frustrates me that I can’t even proceed in the game with my 2 level 80 characters. I’m forced to use my other characters and level them up, which still buys my time and I still enjoy to do, but I’d like to actually have a completely maxed out character instead of having to leave things off right before it’s finished. Aside from all this, I’m really enjoying the fact that you guys are going out of your way to add in new events so often! The constant work is very pleasing and I definitely encourage you to keep going! I hope that I won’t come to the point where I find the game boring because of the aforementioned complaints, but I’ll continue to enjoy this amazing game!
It’s biggest strength is also its biggest weakness
What separates SAO from other gatcha based mobile games is its unique combat system. Every hero has a weapon type and an element (or is non elemental). There are tons of versions of every hero, so you can play as your favorite character and try multiple roles. For example I have a 5 star Asuna who uses a rapier and has dark element attacks and I have a 4 star Asuna who uses a rod (is a caster) and has fire element attacks. Every weapon type has strengths and weaknesses and a slightly different play style.
The main issue I have with this game is that the entire combat system is “clunky”. Having no joystick to move your hero makes it hard to aim attacks and avoid attacks. Sometimes when you want to jump backwards to avoid an attack the double swipe doesn’t register and you walk backwards and get hit. Once you have played for a while you will start to see a ton of little quirks in the combat system.
There are days when I would give this game 5 stars. There are days when the combat system is so frustrating that I would give it 2 or 3. I feel like there is more good than bad, so a 4 star rating is fair.
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.
- 1.4 GB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- ©2017 REKI KAWAHARA/KADOKAWA CORPORATION AMW/SAO-A Project ©BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. Developed by WFS
- In-App Purchases
- Memory Diamond One-Time Offer A $0.99
- Memory Diamond D $17.99
- Memory Diamond G $79.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.