Solution Overview - edSeed
edSeed is an education crowd-funding social network developed by the VIP.fund, a US-based 501(c)3 nonprofit. edSeed allows students to run fundraising campaigns for university tuition and university related expenses. Funds are directed to the educational institution supporting them (university, scholarship foundation) to ensure donors students get fully funded. edSeed has been selected as an M.I.T. SOLVER and is a member of the M.I.T. SOLVE community.
How it works..
1. Accredited educational institutions sign up (universities, scholarship foundations and other) to join edSeed.
2. Students within their networks receive training on crowdfunding for education.
3. Students sign up to the app, and are immediately verified as worthy of funding by the educational institution.
4. Students campaign and share their stories among their social networks.
5. Advocates join to endorse students and grow their reach through their social networks.
6. Donors fund student campaigns.
7. Educational institutions receive donations on behalf of the vetted students.
Granting organizations cover admin costs to ensure 100% of crowd donations go to students and create grant matching opportunities to incentivize donors.
• Version 1.0.5 fixed some little bugs.
• This update includes uploading multiple photos feature with editing options offers of student campaign.
• Student can select and update their current address either in the registration process or profile information.
- Very Important Projects Fund
- 73.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 VERY IMPORTANT PROJECTS FUND. All rights reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.