Keep personal notes, a diary, and a work journal, all at the same time. Format text and organize notes using tags and folders. Add attachments. Sync, save, and share.
Better Things is a versatile note editor with formidable functionality in a single convenient package. With an elegant, uncluttered interface, versatile settings, and a rich range of formatting and data organization options, Better Things has been described by users throughout the world as “a convenient and versatile notebook,” “a brilliant product,” and “a rare gem.”
We have also packed Better Things with a wealth of handy features above and beyond the usual notes editor functions. We work constantly to perfect our products and to develop and add new features to them. If there is a specific feature that you’d particularly like to see, write and let us know!
SYNC AND BACKUP
• iCloud sync across all your iOS devices - iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
• Export/import to iTunes as a single file or in PDF/TXT format
• Passcode for the app or individual journals
• Identity sensor support
FOLDERS AND TAGS
• Any number of journals
• Folder hierarchies of any level
• Colored tags
• Voice recording
• Any number of attachments
• Attachments gallery
• WYSIWYG approach: "What You See Is What You Get"
• Bold, italic, underlined, strikethrough text
• Undo/redo operations
• Checklists in entries
• Bulleted and numbered lists in entries
• H1-H6 headers
• Editing in landscape mode
• Clean and uncluttered yet fast and powerful user interface
• Night mode
• Customized writing reminders
• Full-text search
• Archive for entries
• Various sorting and grouping settings
• Text size, font, line interval settings
• Import from other apps and sharing
• 3D Touch - shortcut actions
• Easy switching between entries using swipe gesture
• Added setting to stretch entry text when hiding left panel on iPad
• Some localization fixes
• iTunes menu items renamed to "Files"
• Fixed an issue with some entries lost when exporting journals with empty entries
• Fixed background color on printing
• Fixed pasting from Markdown in empty entry
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Favorite and only note app to use!
With this app I can create entries by the date and also have access to the months in a calendar format to tap what I wrote on a particular date. I can search for entries and attach photos. I have been looking for all of these features and found them in this one app. All of my notes have been saved. This app is very user friendly.
I love the layout and cleanliness of the app, as well as it’s functionality. When it comes to personal journaling, I prefer something a little more secure with end-to-end encryption, but for general note taking and some light journaling, it’s really good in that regard.
The more I use it the more I love it
This has it all! And I still am not making full use of it. Very flexible! I get to be in charge and create folders etc that I want! Plus the developer is very responsive
- Sergey Alekseyev
- 22 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Sergey Alekseyev
- In-App Purchases
- Better Things Plus $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.