Fans are saying:
"This is so useful because it is specifically for the guitar! I have other chord generator apps and they are great, but this has already got me thinking about chords progressions in a different way because it uses guitar chord voicings that I wouldn’t usually use. And being able to preview the progression before I even pick up my guitar is genius! Thanks devs for the app that I’ve always needed without even knowing it!"
For the less than the cost of a pizza Song™ App gives you:
• The power to write better songs fast.
• Guitar Chords Organized into their 12 Major and 12 Minor Keys
• A random chord generator that gives you 14 new chords you can write a song with IMMEDIATELY. How cool is that?! Take it a step further & generate 14 chords from one key & use 14 arpeggios from another for the solos!
• The ability to find the lost chords to finish the songs you've been working on for months
•Lyrics, chords, and recordings linked together in one app (the pros love this, no more switching between three apps!)
•The ability to mix major and relative minor keys easily
•The circle of 5ths out of the realm of theory and into your reality to use NOW.
•Your own cloud account so you never lose your ideas! Organization and creativity in one place!
Basically the coolest most helpful guitar chord app ever, Song™ is built on top of a custom chord library organized by KEY that allows you to quickly & easily spark up new song ideas, giving you the songwriting power you deserve. With Song™ you don't even have to know any theory to start writing songs today!
WHO IS THIS FOR? YOU!
• Songwriters of all levels
Song™ gets you into a place of easy experimentation and songwriting creativity by opening the floodgates of amazing chords you never even knew existed! create the structure, add lyrics, and make a recording...it all stays organized neatly for you.
Need to communicate your song ideas more effectively? You can use this app to build out your song ideas & your bandmates will immediately know what to play and how you want them to play it.
Trying to get the perfect sound for your client? Build it out on Song™ & not only can they hear your idea, but they'll also be able to see exactly what chords to play & how to play them.
WHAT ELSE DOES SONG™ OFFER?
• Chord lookup in library and builder
• Mix in chords from different keys
• Resizable library view
• Filtering to view in chord or list view
• Filtering to limit chord library results based on 21 chord types
• Custom progression builder for audibly plotting out your ideas
• Restructure function to reorder, duplicate, or delete chords in your progression
• Recording feature for tagging the recordings to songs, progressions, or just leaving it loose as a quick take.
• Notes entry feature for tagging notes and lyrics to songs, progressions, or just leaving it loose as a quick note
• Studio view that allows easy access for all of your songs, progressions, recordings, & notes.
• Share recordings & notes via SMS and Email
• Learn Your Own Song's Chords
Covers are fun, but the reward comes from making your own masterpiece. We allow you to see & hear how each chord should be played so you can write by sound with new chords you find in the library & then see how to play them!
• All 24 Key Options
Enjoy exploring different keys. We have 6000+ chords from all 21 types, not just the majors, minors, and 7ths. You can hear AND see every chord & how to play it!
• Write By Sound for Efficient Songwriting
Our custom progression builder allows you to hear the chords as you build your song so that you can easily capture the sound you are after, even if your guitar is not with you.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Terms Of Service: https://www.termsfeed.com/terms-conditions/eead4ade89c6f8ec97361a4dab6ce108
We fixed the google sign-in error that's been occurring keeping so many of you out of the app! Thanks for your patience on this!
2nd, we want to say, solidarity friends. One thing we are so grateful for is the gift of music and songwriting that cannot be taken from us, we hope our app can continue to bring you daily happiness! We ask that you share your songs and connect with people through your music as much as possible, we all need what you're making to help us feel amazing!
As always, happy songwriting and many blessings of health and happiness to you all!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I really like everything about this app—its an insanely easy way to write songs. But my one complaint is that once you pick a key for your song, it confines you to just the relative chords for that key. For example, I really want to do An Asus2 chord to a B major but I can’t cause the song is in D. Fix plz?
Developer Response ,
Hey there Music gut! Thanks so much for the feedback, it's helpful for us to know where any trouble spots are for users when they use our app so that we can make effective improvements. You'll be happy to hear that pulling in chords from the other keys is something we are currently working on and should be available with our next update :)
Cannot run without profile
Pictures look great. I would love to actually run this app but I can’t get past the profile screen. I’m not creating a profile for this app. If you add iCloud sync support, you can have all of the purported features of syncing across iOS devices without requiring a Facebook login or similar.
I was willing to pay the 10 bucks, but I’m not willing to get pulled into the “free for now but will cost later” subscription model. If there is no way around this, it would nice of you to put a disclaimer that, after paying $10 for this app, you won’t actually be able to use it without creating Yet Another Profile.
Developer Response ,
Hi there! The main reason we opted for a profile creation outside of iCloud is that we want to work across multiple platforms (eg iOS and Android) and didn’t want to have our user’s information spread across different data locations. This was meant to help keep our ability to improve the app flexible and more straightforward if that makes sense. The profile you create with our app, if you decide to not tie it to your social, is just an email and password. There aren’t any other charges or subscriptions in order to operate what you have paid for :)
I just love how quickly and simply I can record my ideas with this app. Anything more complicated and I think I would get too sidetracked and probably forget what had just popped into my head. So contrary to some of the other reviews posted here, the simplicity of this app is the killer feature for me. Just like my tube amps and my pedalboard, I like to keep things as simple as possible and this really works for me. Well done!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.