Use this visitor app to take new adventures and explore Kelham Island Museum.
Kelham Island has been a home of industry in Sheffield for nearly a thousand years. The museum houses the stories and objects of the people and processes that made this Steel City.
This app is packed with images, video and audio to enhance your visit and reveal the story of Sheffield’s innovative past, present and future.
- Age appropriate tours to choose from
- Sensory tour for younger visitors
- A creative trail written by young people including unique music, artwork and stories
- Hidden Histories tour with expert knowledge and little known facts
- Create your own museum selfie and share with family and friends
- Video interviews with museum experts
- Treasure Hunt game with a reward when completed
- Bluetooth beacons help you navigate the building
- Accessibility settings allow you to change text size and colours
This app uses Bluetooth Beacons to alert you to the key places of interest within the museum. Switch on Bluetooth for the optimum experience. It also makes use of GPS to highlight Sheffield Museum Trust's other sites. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- AT Creative Limited
- 78.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Urdu
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Sheffield Industrial Museums Trust Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.