Avaz, an AAC app that provides a voice for children with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Down's Syndrome and other speech disabilities. Featured in TED talk and listed on MIT’s Top 35 Innovations, Avaz is the best solution for your child’s communication needs.
Avaz contains a built-in vocabulary that is optimized for Sri Lanka, and has a vocabulary in Sinhala (and the Tamil vocabulary is coming soon!)
Avaz allows children with Autism and complex communication needs to choose from an extensive list of core words and research based vocabulary to maximize their ability to communicate. Designed for children with Autism, Avaz helps improve communication through interactive speech therapy sessions.
Avaz is also a great learning and speech therapy tool for children with Down Syndrome, Angelman Syndrome, Aspergers and other non-verbal conditions.
Set vocabulary with photographs and voice recordings help your child create messages. Avaz also includes save text features, a special keyboard with picture-assisted text prediction as well as a vocabulary search bar.
The customizable features give your child multiple ways to communicate! With research-based vocabulary and core words, Avaz encourages your child to develop and improve their communication. The app has more than 15,000 symbols, 4 voices and custom photos, ensuring that your child has everything they need to communicate.
• Research based, graded Vocabulary
• Symbols and Images (15,000+ high-quality Symbolstix symbols or use your images)
• Measure the child’s progress with Avaz analytics, presented as easy to understand graphs
• Print the vocabulary as a book , now the child can get consistent access to his AAC device, even without an iPad
• Easy backup and restore using iTunes and Dropbox
• Seamless Integrated Text and Keyboard Mode
• Be Social! Share your messages using email, Facebook, Twitter
• Reinforcement using zoom and animation
• Word prediction with pictures and text
• Instant Search to explore vocabulary easily
• Consistent Motor Planning
• No active internet connection (Wi-Fi or 3G) required
• Grid Size Control
• Very simple help screen on all pages
See what other users and professionals have to say about Avaz:
“...the most flexible and functional assisted communication software I have seen for the iPad. It’s an outstanding tool and will open doors for countless individuals who need assisted communication.” – Sandra Fleming, bestappsforkids.com
“...A great AAC option for many reasons, but we especially love the dedication to continued improvements and innovation.” – Dr. Robin Parker, Consulting Director, UM-NSU Center for Autism and Related Disabilities, PrAACtical AAC
Avaz is an MIT award winning communications app designed for children with Autism or speech difficulties. Tested in over 25 schools with 500 children, Avaz was designed to effectively improve your child’s ability to communicate.
For questions or comments about the special speech therapy app, Avaz, reach out to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Users get full access to pictures and high quality voices FREE for the first 2 weeks. After that users can buy a monthly auto-renewing subscription to pictures and audio for 3 USD (per month) or do a one time purchase for 70 USD.
The app offers auto renewing monthly in-app subscriptions
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase
- Any unused portion of the free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription
Visit our website for other details: http://www.avazapp.com/
Tamil vocabulary added! Now communicate in Tamil using Avaz.
In-app chat support - ask your questions via chat within the app!
Ratings and Reviews
- Avaz, Inc.
- 1.1 GB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- © Avaz Inc. 2017-18
- In-App Purchases
- 1 mo Auto-renewal Subscription $2.99
- Lifetime Subscription $69.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.