Amadine is an intuitive vector drawing and illustration app. With a clean and simple UI, it's perfect for beginners, but capable enough for professionals. Use it to create illustrations, logos, icons, UI designs, art and more. A mobile version, that supports Apple Pencil and works on iPad and iPhone, is also available.
• Customize UI with attached or detached panels mode.
• Store multiple artworks in one document.
• Create multiple layers and sublayers.
• Different layer blending modes.
• View options: pixel/retina preview, outline, guides, grid and rulers.
• Export the entire document, a sheet or a selection JPEG, TIFF, EPS, PNG, PDF and SVG.
• Touch Bar and QuickLook supported.
• Use more than 30 vector design tools for selecting, drawing, editing, slicing and typing.
• Add multiple strokes and fills, create unique stroke profiles using the Width tool.
• Perform union, subtract, intersect and exclude operations on selected objects.
• Write text along a path or inside a shape.
• Create vector art using pressure sensitive tablets.
• Draw illustrations with responsive and natural brushes.
• Create paths using the Path and Draw tools.
• Add, remove and arrange the anchor points.
• Convert points to corner points and smooth points.
• Edit paths and shapes that they form using the Knife, Scissors and Eraser tools.
This update brings full support of macOS 14 (Sonoma).
- Added the "Select Objects on Layer" option to the Layers panel (in the context menu) for convenient selection of all objects on a layer.
- Added automatic alignment of the anchor point of the line segment to its extension in the Smart Guides mode.
- Fixed compatibility issues on macOS 14 (Sonoma).
- Improved Copy/Paste in the Selection tool for grouped objects. If it is possible, segments are now copied as a whole while preserving the style of the group.
- Copy/Paste of raster image is now available between devices (for example, from Mac to iPad and vice versa).
- Fixed layer opacity support when exporting to PDF and raster formats.
- Fixed problems with import and export of SVG format.
- Export selected objects works correctly in Selection tool.
- Starting with macOS 14 Sonoma the EPS format becomes deprecated. Its support is disabled on macOS Sonoma in the Amadine app.
- The Amadine birdie cannot decide if its own intelligence is enough or it needs artificial one?
Ratings and Reviews
An amateur's opinion
I'm not a complete beginner, but get overwhelmed with the complexity of professional vector graphics programs. Even Amadine is likely to be overwhelming to a complete beginner, so be prepared for a learning curve if that's true of you. However, I was able to start working with this program without reading any instructions, a sign that the interface is well-designed (though quite similar to other programs). It's not always about cost, and I'm giving this high marks not because of its low price, but for good choices about what to include and what to leave out. It's farily new and I found some minor burps, but nothing that could not be quickly overcome with quit and restart. Just right, I'd say, for someone who's going to use it now and then but doesn't have the time or desire to master the more complicated tools and techniques of advanced drawing applications.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback! Simplicity was one of the key goals when creating this app. For beginners, we have a series of video tutorials which should help to get started quickly. Should you have any suggestions on how to make Amadine better, feel free to write us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fresh off the Front Page
As a huge Affinity Designer nerd for its simplicity and easy editing, this program seems to follow a lot of the similar routes. They both got something right that Adobe Illustrator did not. "An Easy Learning Curve and no monthly subscription." Everything is so straight forward, interface is easy to navigate, the tools are great, and this makes drawing fun.
The only two things I dislike about this program is that it is not yet up to par with speed and compatability. Various effects and complex bitmap pattern fills really slow the program down. And I cannot transfer files I made from other vector programs in this one (efficently). SVG results to loss of formatting, and the other file formats do not work as well
But for a beginning vector program, it's amazing how much has already been implimented. Usually, it takes years for many features to come with the package. This needs more awareness, a support forum, and etc. This takes a great first step.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your interest in Amadine! Indeed, this program is so far new on the market and has room for improvement. We're constantly developing it and always consider users' feedback. If you have any questions about the app or would like to suggest a feature, please write to us at email@example.com
AMADINE GREAT FOR CONCEPTUAL GRAPHS & ILLUSTRATIONS
I just purchased a copy of the Amadine vector drawing tool last night. It is simple to use. Numerous excellent tutorials make it easy to learn with minor effort.
I am writing a series of lessons about statistical analysis & need a tool that will draw & label statistical graphs (PDFs, CDFs and the like). The tool has plenty of power to achieve good results. The Snap to Grid option enables creation of figures where lines neatly meet curves & axes. The rotation tool handles labeling of both vertical & horozontal axes. A wide range of text fonts are available. “Symbols” are included which enable use of Greek Alphabet labels on graphs.
This is a very easy to use, bug free tool at an attractive price. I have used “Belight” products before & they were good. Amadine is also excellent.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Belight Software, ltd
- 38.8 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Belight Software, Ltd.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.