Amadine is an intuitive vector drawing and illustration app. With a clean and simple UI, it's perfect for beginners, but capable enough for professionals. Use it to create illustrations, logos, icons, UI designs, art and more. A mobile version, that supports Apple Pencil and works on iPad and iPhone, is also available.
• Customize UI with attached or detached panels mode.
• Store multiple artworks in one document.
• Create multiple layers and sublayers.
• Different layer blending modes.
• View options: pixel/retina preview, outline, guides, grid and rulers.
• Export the entire document, a sheet or a selection JPEG, TIFF, EPS, PNG, PDF and SVG.
• Touch Bar and QuickLook supported.
• Use more than 30 vector design tools for selecting, drawing, editing, slicing and typing.
• Add multiple strokes and fills, create unique stroke profiles using the Width tool.
• Perform union, subtract, intersect and exclude operations on selected objects.
• Write text along a path or inside a shape.
• Create vector art using pressure sensitive tablets.
• Draw illustrations with responsive and natural brushes.
• Create paths using the Path and Draw tools.
• Add, remove and arrange the anchor points.
• Convert points to corner points and smooth points.
• Edit paths and shapes that they form using the Knife, Scissors and Eraser tools.
This update introduces the ability to draw objects above the selection, and various improvements.
- Updated the way of creating and pasting new objects. A new object can now appear above a currently selected object, which allows design editing in place. 'Draw/insert above the selection' option introduced in the program Preferences dialog.
- User's brushes library is now stored in the document, which simplifies the library transfer between platforms and devices.
- Fixed the problem with the font size changing while moving the Distortional text object.
- Other fixes and enhancements.
We are actively developing the program. Please feel free to send us your comments and suggestions at email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
An amateur's opinion
I'm not a complete beginner, but get overwhelmed with the complexity of professional vector graphics programs. Even Amadine is likely to be overwhelming to a complete beginner, so be prepared for a learning curve if that's true of you. However, I was able to start working with this program without reading any instructions, a sign that the interface is well-designed (though quite similar to other programs). It's not always about cost, and I'm giving this high marks not because of its low price, but for good choices about what to include and what to leave out. It's farily new and I found some minor burps, but nothing that could not be quickly overcome with quit and restart. Just right, I'd say, for someone who's going to use it now and then but doesn't have the time or desire to master the more complicated tools and techniques of advanced drawing applications.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback! Simplicity was one of the key goals when creating this app. For beginners, we have a series of video tutorials which should help to get started quickly. Should you have any suggestions on how to make Amadine better, feel free to write us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally a way to draw that fits like a glove
Old guy here, I learned vector drawing on Illustrator 88. I’ve been looking for an alternative to Illustrator (too many features, it has become a major ‘lifestyle committment’). I just need to draw a few things and quickly create new versions in various sizes for a variety of media. Google Draw isn’t the appropriate tool. I also tried iVinci and Canva but they’re not quite right. I need a classic and capable pen tool, EPS & PDF export, page sizes based on the real world. That’s about it. Amadine does that and adds many other proven functions.
I’m using Amadine for drawing logos, creating posts, laying out signage, stickers, patches, and graphics for websites.
It feels like the original Illustrator but re-vamped for the modern world. Pristine, elegant, no stupidity. If you want to draw things and be efficient, and you already understand the value of the pen tool, and you don’t need 500 cheesy Instagram templates, and you don’t want yet another handcuff-in-the-cloud, then this program is the best answer I’ve seen.
Thank you Belight. Very pleased so far.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much! We keep developing Amadine, so feel free to write to us at email@example.com should you have any comments or suggestions.
Fresh off the Front Page
As a huge Affinity Designer nerd for its simplicity and easy editing, this program seems to follow a lot of the similar routes. They both got something right that Adobe Illustrator did not. "An Easy Learning Curve and no monthly subscription." Everything is so straight forward, interface is easy to navigate, the tools are great, and this makes drawing fun.
The only two things I dislike about this program is that it is not yet up to par with speed and compatability. Various effects and complex bitmap pattern fills really slow the program down. And I cannot transfer files I made from other vector programs in this one (efficently). SVG results to loss of formatting, and the other file formats do not work as well
But for a beginning vector program, it's amazing how much has already been implimented. Usually, it takes years for many features to come with the package. This needs more awareness, a support forum, and etc. This takes a great first step.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your interest in Amadine! Indeed, this program is so far new on the market and has room for improvement. We're constantly developing it and always consider users' feedback. If you have any questions about the app or would like to suggest a feature, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Belight Software, ltd
- 40.9 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Belight Software, Ltd.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.