Wotja is an awesome 'generative music' creator, lab & player system. It generates music, MIDI, melodies, cut-up text and lush ambient & drone soundscapes. It has a rich history, too, being the evolution of SSEYO Koan, Noatikl, Mixtikl & Liptikl.
FREE and AD-FREE.
Pro options: 'Pro S' Subscription or get 'Wotja Pro 20'.
ALL-IN-ONE CREATIVITY SYSTEM
• Music Creator: Easily create beautiful music ideas using powerful generative, text-to-music & randomization techniques
• Music Lab: Experiment with composition, mixing, sound design & scripting for interesting results ranging from experimental right through to ambient and drone
• Music Player: Auto-generate a continuous stream of mixes with 'Flow’ or create a playlist - use for relaxation, reflection, meditation, sleep & installations
• Lyric Generator: Use the 'cut-up' technique to create ideas for song lyrics, haiku, poetry and text-to-music etc.
WOTJA USER REVIEWS
"Great app, complex, deep and unique", "Simply the best", "Masterpiece"
• Create, edit, randomize, save, export & share mixes, mix boxes, sound & FX networks, scripts & cut-up text
• 'Flow' mode for a succession of freshly generated mixes
• 100s of gorgeous generative music templates & Sound/FX presets
• 48 independent content cells in 12 tracks for live mixing/generative cell sequencing
• Music Engine (IME) with 130+ parameters for generative (MIDI) music generation including a 'text to music' capability for melodies
• Sound Engine (ISE) with ’Macro Oscillator 1', a port of the popular open-source sound generator from Mutable Instruments, plus many other synth & FX units + presets
• Text Engine (ITE) supporting word locking, syllable rules, word alternatives, 5 source fields & more
• 2 built-in Albums of relaxing mixes
• Support for: Multi-channel MIDI In/Out; Recording to WAV, MIDI & Video; SF2; Sleep timer; Dark/Light UI; iCloud; IAA, Audiobus, AUM, Ableton Link etc.
• Opens older format files (SSEYO Koan, Noatikl etc.)
• Personal Live Use (LU) Licence for Feature Set
AVAILABLE FEATURE SETS
• 'Lite' (Default, no Subscription required): Restrictions - 10 min auto-timeout (press play to restart); Track 1 editing only; Ch1 MIDI In/Out only; various recording & other restrictions (see website)
• 'Pro S' (In-App Subscription required): All 'Lite' Feature Set Restrictions are unlocked
Subscription Groups 1 and 2 are *independent* of each other. Subscriptions are easy to cancel at any time.
Group 1: Feature Set
• Pro S ($0.99) - Unlocks ’Lite’ Feature Set Restrictions
Group 2: Commercial Live Use (LU) / Tip Jar
Check EULA for permitted use and tiers. NB: You can also use these Subscriptions as a form of Tip Jar!
• C0 License ($1.99)
• C1 License ($3.99)
• C2 License ($9.99)
• C3 License ($19.99)
• Prices shown are for US region and may change from time to time.
• Each Subscription Period is 1 month, auto-renewing.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user & auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
From a double BAFTA award-winning dev team, Wotja is the continued evolution of the legendary 'SSEYO Koan', Noatikl, Mixtikl, Liptikl & Tiklbox. It uses a combination of AI Techniques & heuristics we’ve been crafting for nearly 30 years.
• Info, FAQ, Guide, Videos & More: https://intermorphic.com/wotja
• Privacy: https://intermorphic.com/privacy
• Terms: https://intermorphic.com/tos
Something not working right? Please do get in touch via our Help Page 'Contact Us' options. Thank you!
FIXED: Templates from "BP20 Drones 1" Template Pak had stopped playing correctly in mixes (sorry!); no change to mixes is required and we've updated this and 2 older Drone paks to use Scale / Harmony Rule names of "Drone"
FIXED: Inter-cell external MIDI event timing issue
FIXED: Duplication of MIDI events sent to MIDI device
FIXED: Controller modulating Scale of Amplifier was wrongly having a side-effect on Pan
FIXED: When using local documents "Add New…" did not auto-open the document
IMPROVED: Display Language selection (Settings > Info > Display Language > System/English/Chinese/Japanese) is now saved across sessions
IMPROVED: Preview of a Template List item is now indicated with a green tint
IMPROVED: Added Action menu item "Edit Full Screen" in FX Network Editor screen
IMPROVED: Add New > "Cut-Up Text (Empty Mix)" reworded to "Empty Mix (Cut-Up Text)" and now opens in the Mix screen
FIXED: Crash in "Add New > Mix (from Clipboard)" where nothing suitable was found in the Clipboard
FIXED: Occasional crashes in "Add New > Mix" and when previewing in Template List
IMPROVED: New popup message when there are insufficient free MIDI channels available to permit addition of a Generator or to allow Cell Merge or Replace (e.g. from Template browser, Clipboard etc.)
IMPROVED: Rule names are now case sensitive
IMPROVED: Thinner scrollbar!
If anything is not working right then please do get in touch via our Help Page 'Contact Us' options.
P.S. Enjoying Wotja? Please do leave or update a positive review and rating - they are so important to us! Thank you :).
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Wotja can be as simple as a visual and auditory experience that mixes written words and generative music. Wotja includes many pre-generated mixes and makes it easy for you to create random mixes with just a a couple touches.
Wotja can also be a very deep modular environment where you can edit every aspect of your music and sound parameters. The music engine is very adaptive with rules and settings that you can set for how each part plays. The sound engine is where you get your hands dirty building and editing your modular “synth” creations using sound/tone sources, FX units, controllers and routing junctions.
I don’t think I’ll ever get to explore all of Wotja’s features, but I do learn new things every day with the help of Intermorphic. Anytime I hit a wall, it gets knocked down pretty quick with explanations for those little things that aren’t readily apparent to me.
If you are brave enough to take the dive into Wotja’s vast generative and modular music environment, understand that you have a vast amount of control and there is probably a setting that you can tweak to make your creation sound just the way you want.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your wonderfully detailed review and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave it. We hope you continue to enjoy Wotja as we further evolve it and its capabilities!
Superb package for ambient music creation
Wotja a complete package for the creation of ambient, generative music. Offering complete and comprehensive control of all parameters, it makes possible gorgeous, ambient music. As someone who has been creating this kind of music for a while, Wotja enables me to achieve my vision in ways no other software can. The monthly subscription model is a total steal; if you need support, it’s fast, technically sophisticated, and patient. The latter is important as I think I have asked every dumb question I can about the software. The support people are unfailingly friendly and very helpful. If you have the ambient gene, this package is for you,
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your kind words - they really do mean a lot to us! Glad we were able to help, too. We hope you enjoy Wotja as we continue to develop it. With best wishes, Tim
Essential music app
This app is vital to my workflow and music creation. Whether I am using it’s generative midi capabilities or micro editing the onboard synths, Wotja has made making music with iOS so enjoyable and productive. I don’t know how I ever made music without it!
Developer Response ,
We are so glad to hear you are enjoying Wotja, cool! Thank you so much, too, for such a lovely review - we really appreciate it. Best wishes, Intermorphic
- Intermorphic Limited
- 147.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 5.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2004-2020 Intermorphic Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Pro S $0.99
- C2 License $9.99
- C1 License $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.