Wotja is an awesome ‘generative music’ creator, lab, mixer & player. Use it to generate custom ambient & melodic soundscapes, lush drone mixes, IDM, text-to-music, MIDI, ideas, cut-up & much more.
With or without musical knowledge you can enjoy it as a creativity app, compositional tool or relaxation aid - it's totally up to you. P.S. It's also regularly updated!
"Essential music app", "Nothing compares", "Masterpiece", "Incredible, fantastic, wonderful, inspiring"
CREATE & EXPLORE
Easily make mixes from 100s of editable templates. Optionally explore powerful generative, adaptive, text-to-music, sound design, cut-up, scripting & randomization techniques.
PLAY & RELAX
With one tap use Flow to auto-generate & play a continuous stream of live mixes - great for relaxation, reflection, meditation & sleep. Playlist your own mixes too!
• Lite (Default; free & ad-free): A full save mode that is perfect for A) learning about generative music, B) exploring Wotja, C) relaxation (60 min play of Flow "Go"/ 1 Included Album). Main restrictions are: various auto-timeouts; edit mix track 1 only; ch 1 MIDI in/out only; no edit of Randomization Schemes; no export of Flow mix; mix recordings licensed for Personal Use only.
• Play (In-App Subscription): Unlocks all auto-timeouts & allows export of Flow mix to Box file.
• Pro (In-App Subscription): As 'Play' + unlocks 16 channel MIDI, 12 track mix editing, Randomization Schemes and ALL remaining restrictions; mix recordings licensed for Personal Commercial Use.
Note 1: See wotja.com/#featuresets for the Feature Set table.
Note 2: Get paid-for Wotja Pro 20 if you don’t like Subscriptions!
• 100s of gorgeous generative music templates & Sound/FX presets
• 48 independent content cells in 12 tracks for live mixing/generative cell sequencing
• Flow mode for a succession of freshly generated mixes
• Music Engine (IME) with 130+ parameters for generative (MIDI) music generation and a 'text to music' capability for melodies
• Sound Engine (ISE) with ’Macro Oscillator 1’ plus many other synth & FX units + presets
• Text Engine (ITE) for creating 'cut-up’ text with word locking, syllable rules, 5 source fields & more
• Support for: 16 channel MIDI In/Out; recording to WAV, MIDI & video; SF2; sleep timer; iCloud etc.
• Opens older format files (SSEYO Koan, Noatikl etc.)
These work in both iOS/macOS versions. Easy to cancel at any time. Groups 1 & 2 are *independent* of each other.
Group 1: Feature Set
• Play ($0.99) - Unlocks 'Play' Feature Set
• Pro ($2.49) - Unlocks 'Pro' Feature Set
Group 2: Special Options
For Commercial Use (LU) Licensing by Businesses & for 'Super-fans'.
• C0 License ($1.99)
• C1 License ($3.99)
• C2 License ($9.99)
• C3 License ($19.99)
• C4 License ($39.99)
• Prices shown are for US region & may change from time to time.
• Each Subscription Period is 1 month, auto-renewing.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user & auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
From a double BAFTA award-winning dev team, the Wotja system is the continued evolution of the Noatikl, Mixtikl, Liptikl and legendary SSEYO Koan apps. It uses a combination of AI Techniques & heuristics we’ve been crafting for nearly 30 years.
• Privacy: https://intermorphic.com/privacy
• Terms: https://intermorphic.com/tos
Something not working right? Please do get in touch via our Help Page 'Contact Us' options. Thank you!
FIXED: Crasher when opening a Template file (.noatikl) in the Documents screen.
FIXED: Crasher when using an invalid format zip file.
If anything is not working right then please do get in touch via our Help Page 'Contact Us' options.
P.S. Enjoying Wotja? Please do leave or update a positive review and rating - your love means so much to us! Thank you :).
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
First of all, the developer(s) are amazingly responsive, helpful, patient, kind, and enthusiastic. Communication is a pleasure. I've used the predecessor of this unique app in the past (Liptiki) and loved it. I've also briefly checked out Wotja last year. Sadly, I was overseas and blew up my MacBook. For the past several months I missed playing with this software! Wotja is a totally different format, so it might take a couple launches for the workflow to sink-in. It's not a DAW (digital audio workstation). It's an otherworldly environment that helps inspired creativity . . . especialy within it's melodic ambient wheelhouse. Of course, users are not trapped on this new planet. We are able to use Wotja as a sketchpad and then continue developing in a DAW, if one so desires. At the very, very least . . . this app breaks through creative blockage and is FUN to use after climbing over a little learning curve. For the price . . . FREE . . . you can't beat this. I've got my eyes on the paid version for the enhanced features. Tommy Zai gives this two thumbs up.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for the lovely review, we really do appreciate it! We hope you continue to enjoy Wotja as we continue to evolve it :). Tim & Pete.
Wotja can be as simple as a visual and auditory experience that mixes written words and generative music. Wotja includes many pre-generated mixes and makes it easy for you to create random mixes with just a a couple touches.
Wotja can also be a very deep modular environment where you can edit every aspect of your music and sound parameters. The music engine is very adaptive with rules and settings that you can set for how each part plays. The sound engine is where you get your hands dirty building and editing your modular “synth” creations using sound/tone sources, FX units, controllers and routing junctions.
I don’t think I’ll ever get to explore all of Wotja’s features, but I do learn new things every day with the help of Intermorphic. Anytime I hit a wall, it gets knocked down pretty quick with explanations for those little things that aren’t readily apparent to me.
If you are brave enough to take the dive into Wotja’s vast generative and modular music environment, understand that you have a vast amount of control and there is probably a setting that you can tweak to make your creation sound just the way you want.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your wonderfully detailed review and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave it. We hope you continue to enjoy Wotja as we further evolve it and its capabilities!
Superb package for ambient music creation
Wotja a complete package for the creation of ambient, generative music. Offering complete and comprehensive control of all parameters, it makes possible gorgeous, ambient music. As someone who has been creating this kind of music for a while, Wotja enables me to achieve my vision in ways no other software can. The monthly subscription model is a total steal; if you need support, it’s fast, technically sophisticated, and patient. The latter is important as I think I have asked every dumb question I can about the software. The support people are unfailingly friendly and very helpful. If you have the ambient gene, this package is for you,
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your kind words - they really do mean a lot to us! Glad we were able to help, too. We hope you enjoy Wotja as we continue to develop it. With best wishes, Tim
- Intermorphic Limited
- 69.6 MB
macOS 10.12 or later. Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 5.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- © 2004-2020 Intermorphic Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Pro $2.49
- C1: CU / Super-fan $3.99
- C2: CU / Super-fan $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.