Use Wotja to easily create & play live ambient music, chill backgrounds, lush drones, soundscapes, melodies, ideas, 'text to music', beats, MIDI + so much more…
This is the FREE version of Wotja for Apple devices. It operates by default in 'Lite' mode & gets regular updates. It's ad-free & there's no need to enter your details to use it. It includes the following 'Wotja 21' variants:
iOS/iPadOS ['iOS'] + macOS:
• AUv3 Plug-in
WOTJA USER REVIEWS
"Nothing compares", "Masterpiece", "Amazing", "Stunningly beautiful" etc.
LITE MODE - LOTS FOR FREE!
The 'Lite' Feature Set (FS) is plenty for some and gives you 30 mins App play time - just tap play to restart!
Wotja rewards curiosity & delivers excellent results. Create, play, noodle, experiment, explore etc. - all without need of musical knowledge.
Use a range of generative music composition techniques including text to music (TTM) & note patterns and also explore sound design, mixing etc.
One-tap 'flows' are perfect if you just want to use Wotja as an aid to sleep & relaxation. Sit back & chill as it 'does its thing'.
QUICK START: PLAY A FLOW
In 'Documents > Flows' tap a Flow button.
QUICK START: CREATE AN AUTO-MIX
In 'Documents > Mixes' tap the 'Add New' button & select 'Mix (Automatic)'.
Wotja is easier to use than you might think! Tap '? App Support' below and go to our 'Learn' section.
WANT TO DO EVEN MORE?
Get the 'Wotja Pro 21' app, or a 'Pro' Subscription. Both are great value.
WOTJA 21 GENERATIVE MUSIC SYSTEM
• 100s of gorgeous & editable generative music templates & Sound/FX presets
• 48 interdependent content Cells in 12 tracks for live mixing/sequencing
• 'Flow' player for a succession of unique auto-generated mixes
• Powerful engines: Music Engine (IME), Sound Engine (ISE), Text Engine (ITE) & Script Engine (IWS)
• Support for:
- Core MIDI Out/In, iCloud, Sleep timer, SF2
- Virtual MIDI Out/In, WAV & MIDI recording, AirPlay [All 7]
- IAA, Audiobus, Ableton Link [All 7+8]
- Text to Speech (TTS) 
1: Wotja Details: intermorphic.com/wj21
2: Included Feature Sets (FS) :
• 'Lite' mode (Default, FREE): 30 min play, no save [edits]/export, MIDI Ch1 Out/In only etc.; Recordings licensed for Personal Use only (see EULA).
• 'Pro' mode (Pro Subscription): Full save/export, 16 channel MIDI Out/In, edit of Randomization Presets/Scripts, no timeouts & ALL remaining restrictions unlocked; Recordings licensed for Commercial Use (see EULA).
3: FS Details: intermorphic.com/wj21fst
4: Reviews: intermorphic.com/wj21rev
5: Examples: intermorphic.com/wj21rec
6: Guide: intermorphic.com/wj21ug
7: Not in AUv3 or tvOS/watchOS apps
8: iOS only
9: iOS 13+; macOS 14+
10: Wotja history: intermorphic.com/wjh
• Subscription period is 1 month, auto-renewing; easy to cancel at any time.
• Prices shown are for US region & may change from time to time.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user & auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
Group 1: Feature Set (FS)
• Pro (Mobile Devices) ($1.99) - Unlocks 'Pro' mode (iOS only)
• Pro (All Devices) ($2.99) - Unlocks 'Pro' mode (macOS/tvOS/iOS)
Group 2: Tip Jar (TJ)
For optional Tip Jar donations.
• T0 ($1.99)
• T1 ($3.99)
• T2 ($9.99)
Something not working right? Please tell us via our Help Page 'Contact Us' options. Thanks!
FIXED: AUv3 issue related to M1 silicon.
P.S. Love Wotja? If you could leave a new 5 star rating for every update it really helps us! Thank you!
Ratings and Reviews
First of all, the developer(s) are amazingly responsive, helpful, patient, kind, and enthusiastic. Communication is a pleasure. I've used the predecessor of this unique app in the past (Liptiki) and loved it. I've also briefly checked out Wotja last year. Sadly, I was overseas and blew up my MacBook. For the past several months I missed playing with this software! Wotja is a totally different format, so it might take a couple launches for the workflow to sink-in. It's not a DAW (digital audio workstation). It's an otherworldly environment that helps inspired creativity . . . especialy within it's melodic ambient wheelhouse. Of course, users are not trapped on this new planet. We are able to use Wotja as a sketchpad and then continue developing in a DAW, if one so desires. At the very, very least . . . this app breaks through creative blockage and is FUN to use after climbing over a little learning curve. For the price . . . FREE . . . you can't beat this. I've got my eyes on the paid version for the enhanced features. Tommy Zai gives this two thumbs up.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for the lovely review, we really do appreciate it! We hope you continue to enjoy Wotja as we continue to evolve it :). Tim & Pete.
Wotja can be as simple as a visual and auditory experience that mixes written words and generative music. Wotja includes many pre-generated mixes and makes it easy for you to create random mixes with just a a couple touches.
Wotja can also be a very deep modular environment where you can edit every aspect of your music and sound parameters. The music engine is very adaptive with rules and settings that you can set for how each part plays. The sound engine is where you get your hands dirty building and editing your modular “synth” creations using sound/tone sources, FX units, controllers and routing junctions.
I don’t think I’ll ever get to explore all of Wotja’s features, but I do learn new things every day with the help of Intermorphic. Anytime I hit a wall, it gets knocked down pretty quick with explanations for those little things that aren’t readily apparent to me.
If you are brave enough to take the dive into Wotja’s vast generative and modular music environment, understand that you have a vast amount of control and there is probably a setting that you can tweak to make your creation sound just the way you want.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your wonderfully detailed review and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave it. We hope you continue to enjoy Wotja as we further evolve it and its capabilities!
Superb package for ambient music creation
Wotja a complete package for the creation of ambient, generative music. Offering complete and comprehensive control of all parameters, it makes possible gorgeous, ambient music. As someone who has been creating this kind of music for a while, Wotja enables me to achieve my vision in ways no other software can. The monthly subscription model is a total steal; if you need support, it’s fast, technically sophisticated, and patient. The latter is important as I think I have asked every dumb question I can about the software. The support people are unfailingly friendly and very helpful. If you have the ambient gene, this package is for you,
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your kind words - they really do mean a lot to us! Glad we were able to help, too. We hope you enjoy Wotja as we continue to develop it. With best wishes, Tim
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Intermorphic Limited
- 142.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 12.2 or later.
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2004-2021 Intermorphic Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Pro (All Devices) $2.99
- T1 (Tip Jar) $3.99
- Pro (Mobile Devices) $1.99
- T2 (Tip Jar) $9.99
- T0 (Tip Jar) $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.