Wotja 21 is a powerful & FREE *Generative Music Lab* app. Being an all-in-one *Composer Mixer Player* system, it is the app for you if you enjoy creating, playing or exploring generative music. It includes an AUv3 Audio Unit Plug-in, too!
With or without musical knowledge use it to make ambient & melodic soundscapes, lush drone mixes, text-to-music, melodies, beats, MIDI etc. It’s for ideas, fun, relaxation etc.
"Essential music app", "Nothing compares", "Masterpiece", "Incredible, fantastic, wonderful, inspiring"
CREATE & EXPLORE
Easily make mixes from 100s of editable templates. Optionally explore powerful generative, adaptive, text-to-music, sound design, cut-up, scripting, Text to Speech [TTS] (macOS 14+) & randomization techniques.
PLAY & RELAX
Use Flow to auto-generate & play a continuous succession of mixes for relaxation, meditation, sleep etc. No internet streaming is required!
FEATURE SET (FS)
• Lite (Default; free & ad-free): App & AUv3 are full-save but with some restrictions (e.g. auto-timeouts, mix editing, MIDI channels etc.); Recordings licensed for Personal Use only (see EULA).
• Play (In-App Subscription): App - auto-timeouts are unlocked & export of Flow mix to Box file is permitted.
• Pro (In-App Subscription): App - as 'Play' + 16 channel MIDI I/O, 12 track mix editing & ALL remaining restrictions unlocked; Recordings licensed for Commercial Use (see EULA).
1: See the Wotja 21 webpage for the Feature Set table
2: AUv3 has Lite FS ONLY
3: Don't like Subscriptions but want to do more? Get Wotja Pro 21 instead!
• NEW: See the Wotja 21 webpage
• 100s of gorgeous generative music templates & Sound/FX presets
• 48 independent content cells in 12 tracks for live mixing/generative cell sequencing
• Flow mode for a succession of freshly generated mixes
• Music Engine (IME) with 130+ parameters for generative (MIDI) music generation & 'text to music' capability for melodies
• Sound Engine (ISE) with ’Macro Oscillator 1’ plus many other synth & FX units + presets
• Text Engine (ITE) for creating 'cut-up’ text with word locking, syllable rules, 5 source fields
• Visual Engine (IVE) for visualizer, screensaver + mini games
• App support for: 16 channel (core & virtual); recording to WAV & MIDI; SF2; iCloud; AirPlay; TTS; Sleep timer etc.
• AUv3 included, see Note 2
These work in both iOS/macOS versions. Easy to cancel at any time.
Group 1: Feature Set (FS)
• Play ($1.49) - Unlocks 'Play' Feature Set (FS)
• Pro ($2.49) - Unlocks 'Pro' Feature Set (FS)
Group 2: Special Options (SO)
For tip jar donations & other uses.
• SO: T0 (Green) ($1.99)
• SO: T1 (Bronze) ($3.99)
• SO: T2 (Silver) ($9.99)
• SO: T3 (Gold) ($19.99)
• SO: T4 (Platinum) ($49.99)
• Prices shown are for US region & may change from time to time.
• Each Subscription Period is 1 month, auto-renewing.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user & auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
From a double BAFTA award-winning dev team, the Wotja system is the continued evolution of the Noatikl, Mixtikl, Liptikl and legendary SSEYO Koan apps. It uses a combination of AI Techniques & heuristics we’ve been crafting for over 30 years.
• Webpage: https://intermorphic.com/wotja/21
• Guide: https://intermorphic.com/wotja/21/guide
Something not working right? Please do get in touch via our Help Page 'Contact Us' options. Thank you!
NEW: IME Editor "Phrasing Graphic" makes it easier to understand the inter-relationships between phrase/range, gaps/range and interval/range
NEW: IME Editor TTM Generator "Note Graphic" displays the generated note pattern in terms of notes (0) and rests (-) and takes into account the "Tune Start at Index" and "Tune Length Override" settings, making it easier to understand TTM
NEW: "Dice" button in the TTM Generator header makes it easy to kick-off a new Cut-Up without leaving the screen
IMPROVED: Track and Mix FX buttons moved to the IME Network Editor panel to make them easier to find
IMPROVED: "Use Standard Rule" button added to the Rule Editor toolbar to make it easier to see/use the included Rules (e.g. Dorian etc.).
IMPROVED: Many more Cell menu items added to make it easier to manage clearing/resetting mixes
IMPROVED: Documents > Mixes > "Add New" now has separate options for "Empty Mix" and "Cut-up Text"
IMPROVED: Many UI changes made to improve understanding and workflow:
- Display only the relevant IME parameters for the selected Generator
- IME "Basics" Parameter Group renamed to "Generator"
- IME "Chords" Parameter Group renamed to "Chording"
- IME "Phrasing" Parameter Group created for common note phrasing parameters
- IME "Generator" Parameter Group and main Parameter Group for the selected Generator both display a RHS color bar
- IME Generator ordering now shows primary generators first i.e. Rhythmic, Ambient, Text to Music, Pattern then then secondary generators i.e. Follower, Repeater, Listener
- IME Parameter Group ordering changed aid visibility of some important parameters (e.g. Articulation)
CHANGED: Column 5 now has 3 buttons: Mute, Solo and Track Rule (Track FX moved as above)
CHANGED: Color of the Repeater Generator made a bit easier to see
CHANGED: "Display Text?" property removed from the Parameters table and is now a checkbox in the Edit TTM Text screen
FIXED: A small number of occasional crashers plus other bug fixes and improvements
As ever, if anything is not working right then please do get in touch via our Help Page ‘Contact Us’ options.
P.S. Enjoying Wotja? Please do leave or update a positive review and rating - your love means so much to us! Thank you :).
Ratings and Reviews
First of all, the developer(s) are amazingly responsive, helpful, patient, kind, and enthusiastic. Communication is a pleasure. I've used the predecessor of this unique app in the past (Liptiki) and loved it. I've also briefly checked out Wotja last year. Sadly, I was overseas and blew up my MacBook. For the past several months I missed playing with this software! Wotja is a totally different format, so it might take a couple launches for the workflow to sink-in. It's not a DAW (digital audio workstation). It's an otherworldly environment that helps inspired creativity . . . especialy within it's melodic ambient wheelhouse. Of course, users are not trapped on this new planet. We are able to use Wotja as a sketchpad and then continue developing in a DAW, if one so desires. At the very, very least . . . this app breaks through creative blockage and is FUN to use after climbing over a little learning curve. For the price . . . FREE . . . you can't beat this. I've got my eyes on the paid version for the enhanced features. Tommy Zai gives this two thumbs up.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for the lovely review, we really do appreciate it! We hope you continue to enjoy Wotja as we continue to evolve it :). Tim & Pete.
Wotja can be as simple as a visual and auditory experience that mixes written words and generative music. Wotja includes many pre-generated mixes and makes it easy for you to create random mixes with just a a couple touches.
Wotja can also be a very deep modular environment where you can edit every aspect of your music and sound parameters. The music engine is very adaptive with rules and settings that you can set for how each part plays. The sound engine is where you get your hands dirty building and editing your modular “synth” creations using sound/tone sources, FX units, controllers and routing junctions.
I don’t think I’ll ever get to explore all of Wotja’s features, but I do learn new things every day with the help of Intermorphic. Anytime I hit a wall, it gets knocked down pretty quick with explanations for those little things that aren’t readily apparent to me.
If you are brave enough to take the dive into Wotja’s vast generative and modular music environment, understand that you have a vast amount of control and there is probably a setting that you can tweak to make your creation sound just the way you want.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your wonderfully detailed review and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave it. We hope you continue to enjoy Wotja as we further evolve it and its capabilities!
Superb package for ambient music creation
Wotja a complete package for the creation of ambient, generative music. Offering complete and comprehensive control of all parameters, it makes possible gorgeous, ambient music. As someone who has been creating this kind of music for a while, Wotja enables me to achieve my vision in ways no other software can. The monthly subscription model is a total steal; if you need support, it’s fast, technically sophisticated, and patient. The latter is important as I think I have asked every dumb question I can about the software. The support people are unfailingly friendly and very helpful. If you have the ambient gene, this package is for you,
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your kind words - they really do mean a lot to us! Glad we were able to help, too. We hope you enjoy Wotja as we continue to develop it. With best wishes, Tim
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Intermorphic Limited
- 138.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 12.2 or later.
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2004-2021 Intermorphic Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Pro $2.49
- SO: T1 (Bronze) $3.99
- SO: T2 (Silver) $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.