Inko brings collaborative drawing to the Mac that can now be used in drawing sessions alongside iPad, iPhone, and Apple TV.
Inko is a collaborative whiteboard that lets you draw together using multiple iPad, iPhone or Mac, and even interact on Apple TV. Ideal for team coworkers in a brainstorming session, for a creative classroom project, or for an interactive meeting between a graphic designer and their client.
Create a group and just start drawing together! No need for complex network setup, or even any network at all, thanks to nearby connectivity. Be it in a bar, or on the beach. Oh, and your drawing even goes to the big screen too thanks to the free companion app for Apple TV! It instantly connects and interacts with all devices in the room. A great alternative to those bulky & expensive interactive boards. Inko 2 now brings remote collaboration over the Internet(*), Dark Mode support, a Mac app, and much more.
Even though Inko is both simple and intuitive, it's also backed with advanced features like beautiful pixel-free rendering that stays sharp when zooming in. It also offers precise Apple Pencil support for an amazing drawing experience, lag-free and undo-capable real-time interactions, as well as hi-res PDF exports to share with your group when you’re done.
COLLABORATION & CONNECTIVITY
• Highly responsive, "appears-as-it-happens" multi-user drawing with no lag.
• Participants’ labels on drawing trails that show who is currently drawing.
• Nearby collaboration: nomadic connectivity for local devices, even without Wi-Fi access point (peer-to-peer or LAN).
• Remote collaboration: seamless connectivity over the Internet for global reach via invitation link sharing.
• Up to 8 participants for peer-to-peer connectivity or 12 participants for LAN/Internet.
• Group saving for quick setup of future sessions.
• Security & privacy: TLS connection between devices (nearby) and end-to-end encryption with daily data removal on server (remote).
• No account creation.
DRAWING & VISUALIZATION
• Beautiful pixel-free visualization that stays sharp when zooming, as well as vibrant colors on wide color displays (P3).
• High-performance Metal rendering.
• Extensive Apple Pencil support (finger action, angle, pressure, high-speed & predictive sampling).
• Lasso editing: select, move, rescale.
• Ephemeral highlighter to point things out. On Apple TV, it even features innovative motion-driven interaction with the remote, like a laser pointer.
• Single- and multi-user undo/redo & reliable syncing.
• Optimized for latest iOS: file sharing, Split View Multitasking on iPad, Drag & Drop, Today Widget, Quick Actions, Universal Link, Siri Shortcuts, SF Symbols, Smart Screenshot, Dark Mode…
• Universal app for iPad, iPhone & Mac. Free Apple TV companion app(**).
• Export images, hi-res PDF, or native archive for a productive workflow.
• iCloud sync for personal drawings.
Multi-user collaboration requires a subscription. Two plans are proposed that enable all your devices (iPad, iPhone, Mac) and let other users join using just the free app:
• Nearby Plan ($1.99/month, $9.99/year) enables local collaboration over peer-to-peer or LAN.
• Remote Plan ($3.99/month, $29.99/year) enables remote collaboration over the Internet. Also includes all features of Nearby Plan.
Both plans offer a fully functional 7-day free trial. The free app provides full drawing capabilities in single-user mode, lets you access, organize, & export your drawings, and let you try out nearby collaboration for 5-minute time-limited sessions. Volume purchase (VPP) is available for schools & businesses: see Inko (Volume Ed.).
HELP & FEEDBACK
Send your questions/feedback to email@example.com
(*) requires Remote Plan
(**) only works with local connectivity. With older Apple TV models, you can use AirPlay Mirroring.
• Improved handling of in-app purchases (Mac Catalyst)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
So me and my friend wanted to use this to doodle some random stuff. I was drawing for less then a minute when a notification popped up saying “Trial Period is over.” At first I ignored it and restarted on my drawing. It came up again and it had deleted the group of me and my friend that I had made. I looked into it, and we have to pay to collaborate when thats the whole point of this app? Maybe you should remove the word “collaborative” from the name of the app. I deleted it straight after that. The one star on this review is my disappointment. Good day/night to you, developers.
Developer Response ,
Hi. With version 1.0.2, we have taken into account users’ feedback by increasing the trial duration to 5 minutes, which will enable you to fully test Inko’s collaboration feature with several devices. The collaboration feature trial is there to test that the connection works, but it’s meant to be purchased if you want to use it. The free app will let you use all drawing operations and saving in an unlimited fashion as single user. /TC
Limited features and expensive collaboration option
$99 a year of an add on to an iPad app? Wow. Can’t imagine you have a lot of people signing up for that. Why not $19/year and get 100x the sibs? I just don’t get some developers mindset.
Looks ok after 3min of playing around but wish I could get a refund. Way too little drawing options compared to other tools.
Developer Response ,
We are updating Inko (version 2) as of today with a remote collaboration feature over the Internet, a Mac app, dark mode, and other features. We are now offering more accessible plans. Thank you for the feedback. /RS
Good but not perfect
I use this to for homework/study practice using my Apple Pencil, but there is an issue of not being able to lay my hand on the screen and it picking up my hand once every couple times opposed to the pencil. Other than that, perfect.
Developer Response ,
Hi. We are working on an improved palm rejection technique for version 1.0.2 when using Apple Pencil, which goes beyond the native iOS support that Inko currently has. Please stay tuned, should be available shortly! /RS
- Creaceed SPRL
- 7.6 MB
macOS 10.15 or later. Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Creaceed SPRL
- In-App Purchases
- Remote Plan (Y) $29.99
- Remote Plan (M) $3.99
- Hero Plan $99.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.