Easily set up and record your Interval and Fartlek running sessions. With the flexibility of using time and/or distance as interval targets for your "Hard", "Easy" and "Rest" efforts. The simple but highly configurable interface on your phone and watch will have you running sooner.
Now with a Distance Goal option for your session. Along with great audio and visual feedback, detailed post-run summary, share your runs to Strava, and a full-featured Apple Watch app.
You can also record your regular runs with voice-over calling out distance and pace feedback.
• Easily create flexible custom interval sessions.
• Utilize three effort targets "Hard", "Easy" and "Rest" in each set, targeting time or distance (meters or miles).
• You can "Skip" any of the three efforts to create flexible sets, like building a progressive intervals session.
• NEW: Set a Distance Goal for your session, that repeats the sets from the start until the distance has been reached.
• Set a Warm-Up and Warm-Down timer or distance around your session.
• Clear and easily glanceable visuals and audio prompts, including vibrations.
• Voice-over prompts to save you from looking at the screen, great for iPhone or headphone users.
• Voice-over prompts include the upcoming intervals effort and time/distance amount, and your last intervals average pace and heart rate.
• Full-featured Apple Watch App!
• Heart Rate Zones! (see description below)
• Indoor Mode, no GPS, for treadmill running.
• Sound Mode, for normal, discrete or silent audio prompts on your watch.
• Vibration feedback on both the phone and watch.
• Detailed run summary, showing pace for hard and easy efforts.
• The run summary also includes interval breakdown, distance breakdown and heart rate details.
• Play music or podcasts while running and still hear the audio prompts.
• Sharing. Post to Strava or share a summary photo with your friends.
• Private data. We don’t send any of your data to a server or share it with anyone.
• Normal Run – Record a normal run, long or short.
• Record Intervals – If you run with a group or do an undefined session, then use the Record Interval option. It allows you to manually change between "Hard" and "Easy" reps, allowing you to record your session.
• Custom Intervals – Our fully flexible intervals that allow you to use time and/or distance for the efforts. Add multiple intervals sets together to create the session you want.
From the summary screen, you can share your runs with friends or across social media. We have built-in Strava sharing, allowing you to log in with your Strava account and share your run directly from RUN interval. Or if you want to share directly with friends or across other social media, you can share a summary image with the details of your run.
Heart Rate Zones: (Apple Watch Only)
Zones are displayed as grouped percentages of your maximum heart rate. Giving you an indication of your current work rate based on your current heart rate. Just enter your maximum workout heart rate into our Settings screen and they will display on your Watch the next time you run.
Zone 1: Very Light Effort 50-60% (Gray)
Zone 2: Light Effort 60-70% (Blue)
Zone 3: Moderate Effort 70-80% (Green)
Zone 4: Hard Effort 80-90% (Yellow)
Zone 5: Maximum Effort 90-100% (Red)
We don’t want to know where you have run, that's for you to worry about. We don’t send any of your data to a server or share it with anyone you don't want too. We keep your running records safe in Apple Health so you have control. Apple Heath gives you the control over who accesses your data. We only write and read the data we record from your running.
And because we don't send any data to a server, we need you to send us feedback and suggestions. Hit the Support link below or visit our website to contact us.
Making running interval sessions easier! With simple and fast interval configuration, start running faster. And as always, run faster, RUN interval.
Ratings and Reviews
Please Fix Voice Over!!
I love that this app integrates with my Apple Watch and that at the end of each run I can see my splits, average speed, calories burned, etc. What I don’t love is the unreliability of the voice over feature. I never know when it will randomly stop working, causing me to have to constantly check my watch. The last time I used it just a couple of days ago, every time voice over should have announced my stats and that another interval was starting, all it did was cut off my music and announced nothing. I ended up doing my entire run without music and without voice over.
I want to give this 5 stars but until they fix this glitch I can’t.
Short story: If you are looking for a METRIC, DISTANCE INTERVAL app that will accommodate multiple rounds of more than TWO distance interval types at a time (i.e Walk 100m, Jog 200m, Run 300m for 7 rounds) this WILL NOT be your best option for an app.
I was really hoping to use this as a MUCH easier way to get in some distance interval training, without a track or predetermined route. This app looked more user friendly, and like a more simple way to achieve my runs. Unfortunately, it’s no easier than another app I have. I can only program 2 intervals at a time, and have those repeat. Most of the time, I personally have more than 2 separate metric distances to run in one interval/round. So, I’d have to create 2 separate “intervals” in order to achieve my FULL interval display, and continue re-entering the intervals in the app, since repeating rounds only works for one “interval” at a time.
Please make it easier to program for 3–5 separate distances in ONE interval at a time, and THEN the option to repeat the rounds. It’s a great app, when I only have 2 distances/times to run at a time.
Better than expected
I Run regularly with people who use Garman. One of the drawbacks with the Apple Watch is that you can’t separate lap time from overall running time. So it gives you averages but it doesn’t effectively separate segments in a way that you can track easily. This app is perfect. Setting up the intervals for track work is a breeze. Apple health does effectively pick up the segments, as does Strava. I’ve only used it once for a series of sprints, and I’ve been pretty happy with it. I did mine with a hard piece of distance an easy pace of no distance and just a rest and it all worked out. And yes this does sync with Strava. That part could be a little bit more clear.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Justin Templar
- 38.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2022 Justin Templar
- In-App Purchases
- The full RUN interval $3.99
- The full RUN interval $2.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.