Dropover is a utility that makes Drag & Drop easier. Use it to stash, gather or move any draggable content without having to open side-by-side windows.
It provides an easy-to-access storage shelf for your Mac that where you stash any draggable content. It appears exactly when you need it and floats on top of other windows. This allows you to navigate stress-free to your destination.
Using Dropover couldn't be simpler: Just shake your cursor (or hold ⇧ shift during drag) and drop whatever you are dragging onto the shelf that appears nearby your cursor. Then navigate stress-free to your destination and move all items at once when ready.
⁕ Works with any content
Drag various kind of items onto the shelf, from files, including folders, documents, text snippets to even web images from your favourite browser.
⁕ Create public link for anything
Instantly save your dragged content to the cloud and share the link with anyone. Dropover comes with built-in cloud service but also supports iCloud Drive, Amazon AWS S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive & Imgur.
⁕ Multiple shelves
Create multiple shelves or append files to an existing shelf and create a stack. Great for gathering items from various locations!
⁕ Quick actions
The shelf allows you to quickly share the content or perform operations on the files. The actions range from quickly sharing files using AirDrop, Mail or Messages to performing advanced operations like resizing images or extracting text from them. All with one click from the shelf.
⁕ Only there when you need it
Dropover is a utility tool that appears when you need it. It lives in your menubar for quick access. From there, you can drop files onto it, create new empty shelves, reopen previous shelf, see recent uploads, open preferences and more.
Other things you can do with Dropover:
• Automate your workflow in Shortcuts with Dropover actions such as adding content to a shelf or uploading to Dropover Cloud
• Observe any folder for changes and automatically show a shelf when a new file is added
• Directly add items to Dropover from other applications with the Share Extension
• Restore up to 10 previously closed shelves
• Dock shelves by dragging it to the edge of the screen
• List, drag, share or delete individual drags
• Drag your content to the menu bar to create a new shelf with dragged content
• Invoke a new shelf using a global keyboard shortcut (customisable in app’s preferences)
• See your recent uploads from Dropover Cloud, iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive or Imgur in the menu bar
• Add content from clipboard to shelf or copy dragged content to clipboard
• Adjust the sensitivity of the shake gesture
• Manage applications that should ignore the shake gesture
What customers are saying:
"Love the app, it's the little things like this app that make life beautiful." — Christiant Eli, US App Store
"Does one thing and does it better than the first-generation shelf apps on MacOS. With Dropover, the shelf is only triggered intentionally and the shelf is a floating window." — TheJoelFather, US App Store
"Simple, minimalistic, pretty, and out of the way" — Milad-G, Canadian App Store
"It really helps me work fast and my files are more organized than ever. Great for photographers" — Halbunsterblich, German App Store
Dropover is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Dropbox, Inc., or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates. The name Dropbox as well as related names, marks, logos and images are registered trademarks of Dropbox, Inc.
- Improved stability when uploading content to Dropover Cloud
- Dropover Pro users are now to able to upload bigger files to Dropover Cloud
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to remove Dropover Cloud uploads from the preference screen because the button was greyed out
- Fixed an issue where the purchase button was stuck in loading state after an in-app purchase has been cancelled
- Fixed an issue where images dragged from Firefox resulted in .webloc item being added to shelf instead of actual images
- Fixed an issue where directory observation was not picking up new files in the Downloads folder after downloading files from some browsers
- Fixed an issue that triggered alerts when trying to access files on volumes which were no longer mounted
- Addressed an issue where the application would not become visible unless you open the preference screen
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, but some suggestion I have
I like this app, and almost use it when I share my things, but I do have some requests:
1. the password-protected feature is added, which are great, but from time to time it adds up, sometimes I uploaded for long term, but I forget them, I understand I can write it down, but it is a lot if from time to time, so I wish the developer add password field somewhere, so I can easy find it.
2. The limitation of file, I understand the limitation, but I can't find anywhere it says what is the limit, not on website and or app itself, so, I just want know what is the limitation of Dropover server
I think it is all for now, if I find any, I review more. Thanks
Great and simple.
I have tried a couple other drag-n-drop apps. The reason I like this so much is that it doesn't require hovering over a certain part of the screen and it doesn't pop open as soon as you start dragging something. It appears exactly when you want/need it by shaking the mouse.
I was going to give this a four star because I wish it could grab multiple files from apps. For example, when I select multiple images from MS Outlook, or multiple files from Cyberduck FTP, it will only grab one of all the selected files. Future update??
However, I enjoy this app and it is so useful for productivity, especially when using multiple virtual desktops, that I had to give it a 5-star rating.
The latest update has fixed the multi file grab from apps. Keeping 5-stars! Thanks to the developer!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback! The multiple files grab issue is fixed in the new version 3.3.1.
Phenominal when it works
I chose Dropover instead of other similiar apps because it was most freeform and didn't force the shelf into one place. With it's set of features I still believe it to be one of it not the best option available. However, half the time the shelf simply won't appear unless I open the prefences for it and seem to force a sort of reboot. For whatever reason the app appears to fall into a dormant mode that does not respond to any new shelf command. This is an obvious bug, so hopefully it will disappear, but it is still a major issue that's been present for at least three months now. Without that, it's near perfect.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Damir Tursunovic
- 20.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, Dutch, German, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Damir Tursunovic
- In-App Purchases
- Dropover Pro $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.