Dropover is a utility that makes Drag & Drop easier. Use it to stash, gather or move any draggable content without having to open side-by-side windows.
Using Dropover couldn't be simpler: Just shake your cursor and drop whatever you are dragging onto the shelf that appears nearby your cursor. Then navigate stress-free to your destination and move all items at once when ready.
⁕ Works with any content
Drag various kind of items onto the shelf, from files, including folders, documents, text snippets to even web images from your favourite browser.
⁕ Create public link for anything
Directly upload shelf content to your iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive or Imgur and share the public link.
⁕ Multiple shelves
Create multiple shelves or append files to an existing shelf and create a stack. Great for gathering items from various locations!
⁕ Quick actions
Open and reveal dragged content in Finder or quickly share it using Mail, Messages or any share action
Other things you can do with Dropover:
• Directly add items to Dropover from other applications with the Share Extension
• Restore previous shelf if you’ve closed it by accident
• List, drag, share or delete individual drags.
• Drag your content to the menu bar to create a new shelf with dragged content
• Invoke a new shelf using a global keyboard shortcut (customisable in app’s preferences)
• See your recent uploads from iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive or Imgur in the menu bar
• Add content from clipboard to shelf or copy dragged content to clipboard
• Adjust the sensitivity of the shake gesture
• Manage applications that should ignore the shake gesture
What customers are saying:
"Love the app, it's the little things like this app that make life beautiful." — Christiant Eli, US App Store
"Does one thing and does it better than the first-generation shelf apps on MacOS. With Dropover, the shelf is only triggered intentionally and the shelf is a floating window." — TheJoelFather, US App Store
"Simple, minimalistic, pretty, and out of the way" — Milad-G, Canadian App Store
"It really helps me work fast and my files are more organized than ever. Great for photographers" — Halbunsterblich, German App Store
Dropover is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Dropbox, Inc., or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates. The name Dropbox as well as related names, marks, logos and images are registered trademarks of Dropbox, Inc.
• Fixed an issue where the cursor would have a minor hiccup when entering the shelf while dragging content
• Fixed an issue where the "Copy content to destination" preference was not respected when dragging items from the list view (popover)
• Addressed an issue that caused the "Launch at Login" preference not to work properly
• Minor other improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great and simple.
I have tried a couple other drag-n-drop apps. The reason I like this so much is that it doesn't require hovering over a certain part of the screen and it doesn't pop open as soon as you start dragging something. It appears exactly when you want/need it by shaking the mouse.
I was going to give this a four star because I wish it could grab multiple files from apps. For example, when I select multiple images from MS Outlook, or multiple files from Cyberduck FTP, it will only grab one of all the selected files. Future update??
However, I enjoy this app and it is so useful for productivity, especially when using multiple virtual desktops, that I had to give it a 5-star rating.
The latest update has fixed the multi file grab from apps. Keeping 5-stars! Thanks to the developer!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback! The multiple files grab issue is fixed in the new version 3.3.1.
Within five minutes of trying the free version, I knew it was worth the $4 to buy the full version. Its so useful when youre trying to organize folders and whatnot. It prevents you from having to use the desktop and move folders around to get to the desktop. Love Love Love!
I had a small app called ClipDoubler but this has not been updated for the latest version of OSX. I was delighted to find this app, which solves my original need but adds even more functionality.
- Damir Tursunovic
- 21.8 MB
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Dutch, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Damir Tursunovic
- In-App Purchases
- Dropover Pro $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.