Plan ahead, stay on track, explore. Satellite & topo maps, trails, elevations, route planning and navigation. OFFLINE, with just one tap.
ONLY IN HIKEPACK, ALL OFFLINE:
• One download: Trails, peaks and attractions with topo and satellite imagery covering the ENTIRE map.*
• Planning along trails: Plan your own custom route along existing map trails by simply dropping pins on the map.
• GPS Navigation: Time, distance, elevation profiles, total ascent, descent, and calories.
• Get Me There: While hiking, see the remaining time, distance and route to any map symbol or to any dropped pin.
PLAN YOUR TRIP
• See elevation profiles and other advanced trail stats (length, hiking time, ascent/descent, calories)
• Plan your own route, and see the same advanced trail stats also for it
• See the altitude of any point on any route
WHILE YOU HIKE
• See the remaining time and distance to any location, and find the shortest route to it
• See your location on the map
FEATURES IN DETAIL
• Hikepack intelligently extracts all hiking, biking and cross-country ski trails and points of interest from OpenStreetMap data, and packs them into one download. So you have a curated map focused on outdoor activities.
• The topographic and satellite map layers are created by Hikepack, from open data.* They cover the ENTIRE map, which means you're never lost. This is made possible by our proprietary compression algorithms, that allow for a small download and a smooth experience.
• All the routing is done on your device. So if you're in the middle of a hike and without cellular signal, you still see the remaining hiking time and distance to your destination.
• You can save the routes you planned in one map, and then compare their elevation profiles at a glance.
• You can change the hiking speed used for computing hiking time estimates.
• You can filter what points of interest you see on the map.
• You can measure distances in a straight line, between any points, but they will not take the terrain into account.
••• You can download as many maps as you wish for free offline use, but some features require a Pro Pass subscription.
We're just getting started, and we'd love to hear from you! Suggest new maps or features by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or using the Feedback form in the app.
We regularly publish new maps in Hikepack. Currently, we cover all US national parks: Grand Canyon, Great Smoky, Yosemite, Zion, Rocky Mountain, Yellowstone, Olympic, Acadia, Grand Teton, Glacier, Joshua Tree, Cuyahoga Valley, Bryce Canyon, Hawai'i Volcanoes, Arches, Hot Springs, Shenandoah, Mount Rainier, Death Valley, Haleakala, Sequoia, Capitol Reef, Badlands, Everglades, Saguaro East, Saguaro West, Canyonlands, Crater Lake, Theodore Roosevelt, Petrified Forest, Wind Cave, Kings Canyon, Mammoth Cave, Mesa Verde, Redwood, Lassen Volcanic, Glacier Bay, Carlsbad Caverns, Virgin Islands, Great Sand Dunes, Big Bend, Channel Islands, Kenai Fjords, Voyageurs, Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Pinnacles, Guadalupe Mountains, Great Basin, Congaree, Katmai, North Cascades.
We also cover 40 US national forests, and many other parks, all UK national parks, 35 maps in Finland covering the main hiking areas, from the northern-most parts of Lapland, to popular parks near Helsinki, and 37 maps in Romania covering most of the Carpathian mountains.
* Satellite imagery available only for selected maps in the US and Finland only. The topo layer available for all maps.
** The maps are created by Hikepack from open data. See the details page of each map for the copyright holders.
This update fixes several bugs and issues, including those with submitting feedback or requests for new maps.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The app is mostly intuitive and the route generation seems to work pretty well. I’d appreciate an extra screen to reorder pins on a route (in case I open a saved route and want to pin an additional location). The markers for various things like campsites and shelters are great. The dev team also seems quick to respond to feedback, both bugs and requests for additional maps.
The app does seem to drain my battery very quickly. Perhaps an option to turn off location tracking while in a map would be ideal (and easier than navigating system settings to toggle location tracking when you want it).
I understand not wanting to feature saturate the app, but it would be nice to be able to create your own markers on a map. For example, I’d like the ability to drop a camera icon on a map where I know I want to hike to for pictures.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for getting in touch! I can confirm that the very next app update will improve route generation: you will be able to add pins at additional locations (in the middle of a planned route), and also reorder pins.
We are always exploring ways in making Hikepack more energy-efficient. Note that Hikepack is not using your location while the app is in background. We will indeed add an option to toggle location access while using the app.
We would also like to add custom markers! We are exploring ways to do this in the most user-friendly manner, and will include this in a future update.
Won a free year through a giveaway. Have requested several maps to be added and all were added that I request. Longest it took to add some ran about 4 days. Love how you can zoom in close, plan a hike. It’s a newer app but they are working to make it better. Going to North Georgia soon to hike, plan on making this my go to for there. Looking to make it my go to for all hiking for now on. Great app. Keep up the good work.
Developer Response ,
We really appreciate your feedback! Indeed, we're new but working hard to make Hikepack the best hiking app. Do send us requests for new maps or app features.
Very worthwhile map machine
I rarely take the time to give feedback, but this is exceptionally well done. We used in Grand Canyon, so very much off line. It make me feel very secure and I enjoyed my time so much more as a result.
Developer Response ,
We really appreciate your feedback! 😊
- Alexandru Ioan Tomescu
- 36 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad (6th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (4th generation), iPad Air (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (8th generation), iPad (8th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th generation), and iPod touch (7th generation).
English, Finnish, Romanian
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Alexandru Tomescu & Alexandru Tudor
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Pass (1 year) $9.99
- Pro Pass (1 month) $1.99
- Pro Pass (3 months) $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.