Baby Steps is the most efficient app to log your baby’s daily activity. Don’t rely on your memory or scribbling on pieces of paper; organize everything automatically in a timeline that can be shared between parents, caregivers, daycare, nannies, and anyone else who needs it.
Baby Steps makes it fast and easy to log what’s important to you. Our charts and data visualizations give deeper insights into your child’s sleep, feeding, growth, and other patterns of activity, so you can be more confident and informed in the choices you make.
The app is designed by a working parent with twins, who was frustrated by the difficulty of keeping track of the activity of his newborn children. When coming home after work, or picking up his children from daycare, he wanted to know when his children had last slept and eaten. This meant the app needed to give that information at a glance, and that logging entries had to be fast enough to do on the go. Baby Steps is designed with this viewpoint in mind: to make everything as easy as possible for parents, without sacrificing powerful visualizations and insights.
Use Baby Steps to log:
• Nursing, bottles (breast milk, formula), solid food
• Diapers, potty use
• Growth (weight, height, head size)
• Development milestones
• Health symptoms, temperature
• Medicines, vaccines
• Notes (keep track of anything else you want)
• Daily recap for common entry types
• Charts for sleep, nursing, bottles, pumping, diapers, and potty use
• Activity patterns: visualize the times of day when your child sleeps, feeds, and more
• Growth charts for weight, height, and head size, with percentile curves
• Timeline of important milestones
• Log entries for multiple babies
• Collaborate between caregivers: all activity is synced across devices, so you’re always up to date
• Add comments to any entry
• Customize entry button placement for faster access
• Filter entries by type
• Share charts
• Use your choice of measurement units (imperial, metric)
• Add your own milestones, health symptoms, medicines, and vaccines, alongside our presets
• Export data (JSON or CSV file)
IMPROVED FEED ACTIONS
• Tap or long-press items in the feed to access options and visualizations
• Add comments more easily
Ratings and Reviews
Great potential but not there yet.
I have a 3 month old and have been using glow to track and log diapers etc. but glows UI is very clunky... and this app looks and feels much better.
However many key features are missing right now such as timers for each breast to help with alternating and the dial to log feedings is not detailed enough (couldn’t select 4.25ml)
Also I think it makes more sense to have the overview as the first page so the first thing I see is the time last changed or fed!!! And I wish the pattern screen wasn’t so buried as it’s a great quick glance visual.
Overall I think this app could be a great new solution with a few updates, but right now we will stick with glow.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate you gave Baby Steps a try. The specific issues you highlighted are legitimate and we took notice. We have already updated the app to provide higher precision for quantities and measurements and we are currently working on adding the possibility to track nursing sides. There will also be further refinements along the way. We hope that you give Baby Steps another chance in the future once these updates are made. We will be happy to import the data you log in the meantime back into the app for your convenience.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.