- "Now I know who all the bugs are that are on my porch and my plants! Fun & informative."
- "Very surprised at this app’s accuracy so far."
- "That couldn’t have been easier!! This app really helped after I got bit by a redheaded bush cricket!!"
- Instantly identify any insect from photo or camera.
- High quality database maintained by scientists and collaborators around the world.
- Study captured insects on Wikipedia.
- Identify anywhere anytime even without internet access.
- Diary book for captured insects.
Identify any insect anywhere on earth instantly with the latest AI technology. Our database is maintained by scientists and collaborators around the world. We only take answers from trusted professional to train our machine learning algorithm so that it can give you the best result.
• You can start your 3-days trial to try this app.
• Subscription auto-renew at the end of current period, unless cancelled 24-hours in advance prior to the end of the current period. The subscription fee is charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. You may manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase. Per Apple policy, no cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Once purchased, refunds will not be provided for any unused portion of the term.
Improved performance & stability
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A very useful and entertaining app
Tho’ this is my first insect id app, I am very happy with it. My only problem is having a steady enough hand at taking the pictures.
Over time, as I read up on the bugs around me, I’ve become less squeamish about them. A few times I’ve needed to take a second picture to make sure it analyzes accurately.
I’m not a scientist or professional so I’m not looking for perfection but as I’ve cross checked with google about the bugs I believe this app is pretty spot-on.
I’ve had more fun with looking at the bugs around me that I’ve gotten some of my friends into it too.
I highly recommend this app for kids and adults to get to know the world of bugs all around us. 5 stars hands-down!
Writing this review literally 20 mins after downloading. I received a taxidermy set of 10 or so rare insects for Christmas. Wanted some help IDing, the only labels on them are ambiguous species names and I was having difficulty finding info on google. Saw the positive reviews and thought this looked like a fun way to get info/ID bugs. Except...it didn’t work at all! I didn’t expect perfect ID, I have a loose idea what some of bugs are, but I know for a fact what the app said is 100% wrong. It told me this large iridescent beatle was a stink bug(WRONG) and then gave me 2 different IDs after that so it’s not even consistent with its incorrect identification. I tried a large type of cicada and it ID’d it as a butterfly! Not even close! The camera is confusing to take pics with too because it gives an option to crop but when it’s “analyzing” the picture you can’t tell if you should have cropped or not. In short—cool idea for concept...horrible execution! Would like my $5 back.
An app like no other
This app should be owned by everyone in my opinion. It is so easy to use and fun. The app has an extremely accurate system of identifying insects and spiders every one of the images I took was correctly identified. I have learned so much about the insects in my backyard and I wish I had the app sooner. To me the app turned into a game where any bug I’d see I would take a picture and identify it. Seriously this app is one of the best I have ever used considering I don’t take pictures which is required in this app and never write reviews I felt that this app deserved the time for me to take to write this seriously great work to everyone that created and work on this app!
- Phuong Bui
- 44.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Nature Identification
- In-App Purchases
- Insect Identification $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.