Blewbury is a community media app - a social network hosted, owned, and run by the community of Blewbury, Oxfordshire - for the local community.
It offers many of the features users of social media will be familiar with:
- a news feed; into which selected local groups can publish and anyone can share and comment
- a community wall; onto which anyone can post
- direct friend-to-friend messaging
- links to local business, groups and audio/ video content, an events list... and more to come
The aim is to bring together much of the content that currently exists in the Blewbury bulletin, and across WhatsApp & Facebook groups - into one place.
The app is powered by a UK company called Disciple Media, which also hosts communities for health secretary Matt Hancock, musicians such as The Rolling Stones, YouTubers such as KSI, and a growing number of niche publishers.
Free to download and free to use, the app is hosted and funded by Blewbury resident Matt Phillips.
This update includes bug fixes and a new feature allowing to see who liked your post.
- PPR Consulting Limited
- 42.1 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Blewbury 2018
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.