Welcome to PopBase: Gamified Crowdfuning Unleashed!
Updates with new fixes, creators and features are going to be quite frequent. For any bug reports, and concerns, please contact our support team:
Support your favorite creators as a patron through a gamified pay wall! With PopBase, creators generate a virtual version of themselves that can engage with fans anytime, anywhere through their unique, user generated interactive content.
On PopBase, players can:
• Explore PopCity: a growing community of creators, each with their own personal base. New creators will be frequently added to the fast expanding themed neighborhoods.
• Content updates drop in constantly by the creators! Follow your favorite bases and check the city's bulletin board in order to get notified every time new content appears.
• Take a PopQuiz, like a trivia game written, hosted and voiced by the creators.
• Watch PopView episodes, PopBase creators exclusive reaction video collection.
• Listen and vote on the creators' Pop updates.
• Collect the creators gallery of PopPix. Collectible images with exclusive commentary attached to them.
• Play at the PopCade, with classic arcade games customized by the creators especially for their fans.
• Shop at the PopShop, featuring in-app purchases created by the creators. New skins, games and collectibles will appear often- so make sure you keep checking in!
• Submit content requests and ideas to each creators' suggestion box.
• Unlock special mini-games, collect trophies and get your face up on the PopTops leader-board display for all to see!
If you are a creator, interested in joining our current program - we would love to hear your pitch! follow the link below and share your vision:
Our creators and us want to build a safe, healthy and fun community for everyone. Please keep things pleasant so that we can all have a good time and grow an awesome digital city we can all be proud of!
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
See you on PopBase people!
- Creators can now generate skins and audio and sell them on Popshops
- Players can customize creator bases with skins
- Search bar added in PopCity
- Moods (facial expressions) added to all avatars
- Popcity has dynamically changing billboards
- Targeted pop-up announcements and competition codes are supported
- New Creators ready for November release
- Various bug fixes and tweaks
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been very excited to see this app progress through the years and it is finally here!! The app runs very well and I can’t wait to see what they do to improve it even further!
This game is daring, this game tries a whole lot new, and this game is a complete mess. Conceptually I’m very confused on how they thought this would work. It’s like patreon, if patreon was a weird 17+ patronizing social game in the vain of Habbo Hotel. Something I’ve always hated about mobile games are in-game currencies. They’re inherently manipulative misconstruing how much those “gems” or “coins” are actually worth in real world dollars. And this game has so many currencies, bought with real world money, that can buy even more in game currencies. And you end up with no idea how much you actually have, or if what your getting is worth the price. Compare that to any streamlined service like patreon or podia where you know exactly how much your paying, and what you get out of it, and this app feels just so much more inferior. And on top of that, in game currencies tend not to be exactly the price of those in game items, leaving you it’s left over cash that can’t be used anywhere else but in that one app. It’s a complete trap and highly vindictive. If you really want to help your favorite creators, support them on a patreon, not this weird Club Penguin-esque tub of polygons.
Developer Response ,
Hi there Revolutionary,
Thanks for your feedback. But PopBase is not a game. It is a crowdfunding platform. We understand the resentment toward in game currency. But this platform is not hiding or being dishonest about anything and neither are its users. Creators need ways to monetize, and we are offering them a new avenue to do so. In the end, many viewers prefer not to hand out cash to support creators because the return on their investment isn't always that clear.. Our creators treat this like any other store- they generate interactive content and sell it to players through currencies that can be earned through either watching ads, winning games, or purchasing IAP directly. A gem is worth a fraction of a cent, but can be earned through play or direct purchase (which will involve ad viewing). If a fan doesn't want to spend it, no one is forcing them. But if someone enjoys the content - they may want to. If that method does not appeal to you, we fully understand and would love to hear what would make this better. So feel free to give us feedback at email@example.com . We're in early access- and every bit of help counts!
This app includes every terrible freemium monetization scheme known to mankind. Purposely confusing currencies — gems, coins, game tickets, and base tickets — are used to do things like watch a 90-second video (80¢), subscribe to a creator’s space ($48/yr.), or play rudimentary games you can find on a cell phone from 1995. Gems are purchased with dollars, and then used to purchase the other three currencies. This practice obscures what a user is paying for something in real-world dollars. Activities often cost an odd amount, which necessitates the purchase of more currency than the user needs. The one currency that can be had for free is barely trickled out and mostly useless.
The value is awful, and the implementation is even worse. Stick with any other way to support your local creator.
- Binary Bubbles, Inc.
- 195.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Gambling and Contests
- © Binary Bubbles, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- PopGems, Small Pack $1.99
- PopGems, Medium Pack $4.99
- PopGems, Large Pack $9.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.