Pyto allows you to code and execute Python 3.7 locally on your iPhone or iPad. An editor with syntax highlighting and code completion is included.
Numpy 1.16.1, Pandas 0.24.1 and Matplotlib 3.0.2 are included.
Pure Python modules from PyPi can be installed.
- Python 3.7 standard library
- Python REPL
- Code editor with smart code completion and syntax coloring
- Run a script from the Notification Center
- Choose between multiple themes
- Code an user interface with the same UIKit interface
- Numpy 1.16.1, Pandas 0.24.1 and Matplotlib 3.0.2 included
- Install pure Python modules from PyPi
Source code: https://github.com/ColdGrub1384/Pyto
- Fixed one more time an issue with the editor. That's why testing is important... and I finally did it for this update :)
- Fixed some issues with Siri Shortcuts.
- Added BeautifulSoup4 because there were errors when installing it from PyPi.
- Added a keyboard shortcut (Cmd+Shift+B) to set a breakpoint.
Thank you for your bug reports and suggestions, it helps a lot to improve the application!
Ratings and Reviews
When I first used the app, it would not run even the most simple script. A day later, there was an update, so I gave it a second try. I immediately saw the difference. When you first start the app, the interpreter starts up and tells you the version of python installed (the usual), something that did not happen the first time. I was able to run scripts using NumPy and pandas without any issues. The interface could still use some work though, other than that it is a great app.
This app cannot even run a simple python script: print(‘does this even work?’), let alone be used with pandas or NumPy. Plus, the GUI is also very, very basic. Don’t waste your money.
Works as promised
Initially encountered error on iPad when I tried to run template programs. Restarting the app fixed the issue and now I am able to see charts etc.
Developer Response ,
Need better user experience design
The user experience is a bit confusing and not that clear. I like the functionality though but needs some time too figure out where to do what and what is available and what is not.
I bought this as part of the package, the price is good but the user experience needs re-thinking.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review! That's true, the user interface is confusing. I always update the documentation on the web page and after that, I publish app updates. The next update will support UI scripts, and that's already in the documentation. I will make one documentation per app version and I will add a guide.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.