Strike is a modern writing app with powerful features like Smart Markdown, tables, attachments and photos, text sorting, tags, and more. Collaborate with others, password-protect documents, and sync it all with iCloud.
Strike is the next generation of text editing for Mac and iOS
Write with Smart Markdown: use simple, plain text characters to add headers, formatting, links, and lists. Strike turns it all into beautiful, styled text.
• Add professional tables and charts
• Use MathJax to include mathematical equations
• Attach files and images for easy organization
• Automatically generate outlines
• Apply themes and colors to individual files
• Add inline notes and comments for review
• Write anywhere with iCloud and Strike for iPad and iPhone (available separately)
Collaborate On Documents
• Edit with up to 10 others in real time
• No service signups: share a simple iCloud link and start creating together
• Password-protect sensitive documents
• Lock files to prevent accidental edits
• Keep track of versions and revert to previous edits
• Fix errors quickly with spellcheck and autocorrect
• Sort lines of text
• Remove duplicates with one click
• Convert outlines into paragraphs
• Convert any text to upper, lower, title, or sentence case
• Add tags for quick navigation
• View document statistics with a click
• Export attachments and PDFs with ease
Strike is an auto renewable subscription:
- Publish Online
- Unlock the iOS version too
$1.99 monthly, $9.99 annually
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
Terms of Service: http://strike-app.com/strike-terms.html
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
So Far, I Love It!
I've only been using Strike a short time. I bought it for Mac and iOS. iCloud sync is great. I've already moved several Markdown articles into the app.
There's a handy shortcuts bar at the right of the page. You can easily tag a #, ##, i, B, or other, if you don't want to type the Markdown syntax. Also, you can, in the preferences, hide any shortcuts from the bar that you don't use.
The killer feature is drag-and-drop within documents. Ulysses also has this, depending on how you structure your documents. In Strike, it's more easily discoverable. As you write headings, they appear in the left nav. In the left document nav, you're headings are listed. You can reorder headings, with all the underlying content, by dragging a heading to a different spot in the document. This is incredibely useful.
You can export your writing to a number of different formats. You can do a CMD A, and then copy everything as Markdown.
Id' love to see a document browser as another lef-pane in the app, but that's small stuff. For a version 1.0, Strike delivers on capability in performance in a serious way. Awesome value.
This is made by the same team that makes Airmail. They've got a solid track record.
This is it! The editor I’ve been waiting for.
As a programmer I often use the Markdown text format to write documentation. While Markdown is easy to use, there aren’t a lot of great tools for editing, and its capabilities are quite limited. Now, with Strike, I have a beautiful and full-featured editor that allows me to use Markdown but adds super-useful features like charts and checklists. Despite being full-featured it is incredibly fast and feels lightweight.
Looks great, but has some serious bugs.
I've only been using it for 30 mins, but I've had to give in due to critical bugs in the undo functionality which is causing me to loose work. Perhaps it's just my use case where I'm working with bulletted lists...
Can't wait to try it again after an update or two.
Developer Response ,
How did you manage to get the problem? please file a report here: https://www.reddit.com/r/strikeapp/
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.