Learn to play any instrument!
Instrument Bible is a virtual fingering chart for woodwind, brass and string instruments. A new resource for music education.
• Woodwind: Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Recorder, Oboe, Bassoon
• Brass: Trumpet, Horn, Trombone, Euphonium, Tuba
• Fret: Guitar, Bass, Ukulele, Banjo, Mandolin
• String: Violin, Viola, Cello, Contrabass
• Interactive fingering charts (touch to play the instrument)
• Tap on woodwind/brass valves to toggle them up or down
• Synchronized with MIDI player and tuner
The fingering diagram is synchronized with the tuner and MIDI player. This means you can sing a note, and see how to play it on any instrument. Or upload a MIDI file and watch how to play the song on any instrument.
• Chromatic tuner
• Show concert pitch or written pitch
• Toggle color mode (background turns green or red to display tuning)
• Display accurate cents and frequency
• Use the metronome module or full-screen metronome
• Tap tempo input
• Click on beats to change the accent pattern
• Optional 'blink mode' in the background
• Multi-track MIDI player
• Upload your own MIDI files
• MIDI file import and export
• Adjust tempo and transpose key
Just click on the track you want to send to the instrument!
Choose between the various audio/visual modes:
• Fourier analysis
• Frequency line graph
• VU meter
• 3D sonogram
• Drag & drop modules to re-arrange the UI
• Toggle which modules you want to see
• Customize colors
• Pick between sine, triangle, square, and sawtooth waveforms
• Input an exact frequency, or just tap a note on the piano
• Tone generator (drone)
• Create audio recordings
• Save recordings as .WAV files
• Import audio files and play them back through the tuner for analysis
• Display scales and modes on the piano
• Transpose key of MIDI player
• Chose between sharp/flat accidental display
• Display either treble, alto, bass, or grand clef.
We look forward to your feedback! Contact us with your questions, comments, or feedback: email@example.com
Visit our website: https://instrument.bible
- support for 17 new languages (Vietnamese, Greek, Polish, Thai, Swedish, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Finnish, Hebrew, Hungarian, Malay, Norwegian, Romanian, Slovak, Ukrainian)
- fixed oboe & clarinet fingerings
- added way to hide/show note names for string instruments
- you can now choose between various fonts
- added a right-click menu
- added midi support (desktop)
- localized app name and splash screen
- various bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I lobe this app for my band students. It has everything they need to use in and out of class. My only complaint is the soprano recorder fingerings are not right or they are not showing the correct fingerings. I’d love for that to be fixed so that my 2nd and 3rd grade can use it as well.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for the review!
Version 2.0 will be released soon. I’ll be sure to fix the recorder fingerings!
I am always eager for feedback—especially from band directors. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any future feedback or to join the beta test list. 😃
Nice Idea. Wish it worked.
I downloaded this thinking I would have nice combo of chronometer and finger charts for my flute practice. It will not display the correct note played on my flute. I switched back to my tuner to check my tuning and my son checked also. (He has been playing for 12 years). I cannot find an option to calibrate the app. I just started notes above the staff and some backup that I am playing the correct notes and a fingering reference if it sounds off. Can this be fixed?
I can 100% see this being used in my band room but not yet....
-iPad interface for brass instrument is horrible. All UIs are not seen. Using IPad Pro 11
-ability to hide UI. To many unnecessary things for younger students. I don’t need the piano, metronome, or recording showing all the time. I just want to see the fingering chart
-ability to show sharps and flats at the same time, instead of having to choose which one.
-I have to end the app many times to reset everything. Sometimes the sound stops working or the midi freezes up. Would get really annoying in the classroom setting
Ability to see more then one note with midi files would be a game changer. (Like a line of music) Right now it’s a good fingering chart but will not help you learn to read music fluently. Which is super important in learning to play an instrument. (Which is what they are marketing it as. )
**Ps fantastic feedback service. This app is in the early stages can’t wait to see where it goes!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review! We are working on an update that will solve some of these problems.
v1.2 will be released in the next few days, and will fix many of these issues, including:
- hide/show the piano
- fixed brass UI layout
- more stable MIDI player
If you are interested in providing more detailed feedback, or joining the beta test group for new releases, please email email@example.com. I am always eager for feedback—especially from band directors.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Instrument Bible LLC
- 115.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2020. Instrument Bible LLC. All Right Reserved.