PolyPhase is a generative sequencer!
Melodies on a Master Track are created on the fly & copied, with phase offsets, to Slave Tracks. This structure, along with the interplay of various probabilities, leads to unique melodies and rhythms.
You can disable the generation of notes & draw your own Sequences, or select some of the randomization functions
Sequence external hardware, other iOS synths, or use the included Wavetable Synthesizer!
- 4 independent Sequencers with their own rate, direction, transposition & other properties
- Disable the generation of notes to draw your own, or use some of the intelligent functions provided
- Random Euclid & Drum Sequences
- The Wavetable Synth + FX lets you use PolyPhase even if you don't own any external Instruments
- Filter notes to a Global Key / Scale and selectable Chord Masks
- Save / Load Presets
- Snapshots for install recall of your Sequences
- Intelligently Randomize and Morph your Sequences & Synth sounds
- Accepts external MIDI clock & can provide clock to other devices
- Audiobus (Audio / State) & Inter-App Audio support
• Added option "Follows Master" for each Track
• Added option "Constant Note" for each Track. This is useful to sequence external drums.
• Each Track now has it's own option to output repeated MIDI notes
• Added a toggle in the Load view to recall the last saved / loaded Preset Name
Ratings and Reviews
Great app hope they continue to update
Love it but......
Great midi generator with lots of bells and whistles. It’s a bit difficult to set up in AUM as the slave! I’ve read the instructions quite a few times. Yet I was unable to set up the generator to the master tempo of AUM. Also, there’s no Ableton link support natively making it a task to sync record midi. Yes, there’s other ways to do it but make it native. Otherwise, this is amazing.
Developer Response ,
Turn off "Clock Generation" in PolyPhase, but make sure PolyPhase is chosen for Clock Receive. In AUM, Enable MIDI Clock Send and select PolyPhase. Now, PolyPhase will be slaved to AUM's tempo and respond to its transport.
As is it’s very inspiring
I like running one additional outside synth; also for cpu reasons and then it’s just perfect. The internal synth and just playing in those timing games is the best part to me. 4 synths interplaying in a fun stereo game of seemingly basic parameters is amazing to me and it flows real nice. There is a zen feel for sure here and it has a vibe.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.