Hummingbird uses the latest AI and search technology to help you locate stories and videos on topics you care about and from sources you trust on the web. You set it up with just a few taps.
The more you use Hummingbird, the better it gets at searching and locating stories from across the web that you'll like — and avoiding ones you won't.
Stay up to date on the latest search results in news and sports from a variety of sources on the web, plus get results related to your interests and hobbies, such as fashion, food, and DIY. And you get all that in one place.
When you need a break, check out the latest viral videos in search.
Just tap topics to add them to your personalized feed.
Hummingbird — stories for you.
Welcome to Hummingbird - stories for you.
You speak, we listen! Below some of the new features we launched in this release
- Dark mode: Now you can enjoy dark mode for your favorite app - just go to Settings ->Dark mode and set toggle to the right.
- Adblock Plus: You can block unwanted ads quickly. Go to Settings -> Content blockers to turn on AdBlock Plus
- Article reporting: Easily report problematic or offensive content and source by tapping on the "..." in each feed card
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A Free News App Worth Using
As a business professional, I subscribe to many different news sources since being informed is one of the most important things you can do. Out of the 16 apps, I have used this one does it all and for free with no please sign up here ads or crazy request that ask you to pay X dollars each month to read free articles. If you are looking for a quick and easy way to be informed this is definitely the app for you!
System doesn’t seem to adapt to preferences
I have been using Hummingbird for about three months now. I’ve taken to exploring sources of stories to assess the trustworthiness of sources, and asking the app to exclude those sources from my feed. I find sources with strong ties to the NRA or the Heritage Foundation to be untrustworthy. I’ve also found sources tied to fundamentalist evangelical churches not to have much value for me. I also tend to exclude sources that deal primarily in celebrity gossip. When a source with a broader perspective pushes a story along these same lines, I generally peruse it, and don’t mess with asking the App to exclude that source.
Nonetheless, the app keeps pointing me to unhelpful sources, and while I find the exploration of sources interesting, I want an app that focuses on reliable sources of interest. I’m close to deleting the app because pruning sources and topics is ultimately not an activity I feel like focusing upon
Overall a good news app with a big flaw
Overall, this app is much like the Google News app which I like a lot. However, the biggest gripe I have with this app is that it often shows news that are apparently outdated. For example, I follow NBA games everyday and I often run into news which after a few seconds of reading I realize is about a game that occurred days ago if not weeks! This won’t matter much for non-sports content to me. But for sports, who cares about a game that happened a week ago?? It’s like Microsoft’s search engine does not have an algorithm to ignore outdated sports news.
- Microsoft Corporation
- 16.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.