Stellarium Mobile Plus is a planetarium app that shows exactly what you see when you look up at the stars.
Identify stars, constellations, planets, comets, satellites (such as the ISS), and other deep sky objects in real time in the sky above you in just a few seconds, just by pointing the phone at the sky!
This award-winning astronomy application has an easy to use and minimalist user interface, that makes it one of the best astronomical applications for adults and children who want to explore the night sky.
This Plus version will also satisfy the most demanding astronomy enthusiasts thanks to its massive collection of sky objects (up to magnitude 22 versus magnitude 10 in the standard version) and advanced observing features for controlling telescopes or preparing observing sessions.
Stellarium Mobile Plus features:
• View an accurate night sky simulation of stars and planets for any date, time and location.
• Dive in a collection of many stars, nebulas, galaxies, star clusters and other deep sky objects.
• Discover how people living in other regions of the planet see the stars by selecting the shapes and illustrations of the constellations for many sky cultures.
• Track artificial satellites, including the International Space Station.
• Simulate landscape and atmosphere with realistic sunrise, sunset and atmosphere refraction.
• Discover 3D rendering of the major solar system planets and their satellites.
• Observe the sky in night mode (red) to preserve your eyes adaptation to darkness.
• Reach the limit of knowledge by diving in a massive collection of stars, nebulas, galaxies, star clusters and other deep sky objects:
- All known stars: Gaia DR2 catalog of over 1.69 billion stars
- All known planets, natural satellites and comets, and many other minor solar system objects (10k asteroids)
- Most known deep sky objects: a combined catalog of over 2 million nebulas and galaxies
• Zoom almost without limits on high resolution images of deep sky objects or planetary surfaces.
• Observe in the field, even without internet connection, with a "reduced" set of data: 2 million stars, 2 million Deep Sky Objects, 10k asteroids.
• Prepare your observing sessions using the advanced observation tools, to predict a celestial object observability and transit times.
Stellarium Mobile Plus is made by the original creator of Stellarium, the well known open source planetarium and one of the best astronomy applications on Desktop PC.
Minor update bringing the following improvements:
- Improvement to the search bar
- Performances improvement
- Fix a random crash
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Chiron Never Looked So Good
Wow. This is by far the best Astronomy tool I have used in a long time! The alternative apps I have used have not matched up compared to this one. It has very smooth graphics, it’s beautiful, and by far the best perk: you can move the phone to uncover what the sky looked like when you were born! I also purchased this Pro because 22 magnitude objects are included and I wanted to see Chiron (at about 16m) the standard only showing 10 magnitude.
Plus is Nice but Standard Version is Fine
I'm a big fan of Stellarium. I just purchased the "plus" version for my iPad.
For my use the changes from the standard mobile version are not so impressive as to warrant the increased price. Unless you have a very good reason to want this "plus" version you should just buy the standard version.
Thanks for adding precession, it really makes you appreciate having such a bright star near the North Pole during our age, and now we can truly see that it’s the dawn of the age of Aquarius.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.