WRD Camera is a simple yet powerful text recognition tool that uses state-of-the-art machine learning to scan, highlight, and copy words from physical printed texts such as books. Just point your camera at printed text and enter the keywords or phrase that you'd like to find into the app search bar—those words will quickly become highlighted on your device screen in real time with great precision.
All the text in an image can be extracted with just the tap of a button, and you can even select individual words and sentences to copy. For example, say you're at a cafe and the WiFi password is printed on a menu amongst other text—simply take a snapshot of the menu and draw a box on-screen around the password to quickly and conveniently copy it onto your iPhone or iPad.
WRD Camera can perform real-time QR code scans too, and is available for both iPhone and iPad. No account or sign-up is required, and there are no subscriptions or in-app purchases.
• Hold your device camera over the text that you'd like to scan and type the words that you'd like to find into the app search bar—the words will be highlighted on the device screen when they're found in the printed text
• Real-time continuous scanning and snapshot modes available
• Copy whole passages of text with just the tap of a button
• Copy individual words and sentences by drawing a box around them on-screen
• Scan QR codes—the app will scan for codes by default when the search bar is empty
• Easily share the extracted text to other apps that are installed on your device
• Support for iOS 13 and iPadOS 13, including native dark mode appearance
• No subscriptions or in-app purchases
• No account or sign-up necessary
Say hello and learn about new developments:
• Twitter: twitter.com/LazyCatApps
• Facebook: facebook.com/LazyCatApps
• Instagram: instagram.com/LazyCatApps
• Email: LazyCatApps@gmail.com
We hope you enjoy the new version and please don't forget to give us some valuable feedback on the App Store! Thanks.
• Improvements to the core search functionality—searches are now diacritic insensitive and will outline words that contain the search term in addition to highlighting exact matches
• Sharing text extracted from images is now faster—simply tap the “Copied To Clipboard“ confirmation after it appears on the screen
• Improvements to UI, including a new design for selecting highlight colors and use of system symbols in iOS 13 and iPadOS 13
• General bug fixes and improvements
• Updated third-party frameworks
Ratings and Reviews
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.