Juno is a complete Jupyter development environment for your iPad or iPhone — run notebooks locally on your device using embedded Python interpreter and integrated libraries, which include NumPy, Matplotlib, SciPy, Scikit-learn, Pandas, Statsmodels, LXML, Pillow, Bokeh and many others.
• Open Jupyter notebooks from anywhere in iOS with a single tap.
• Whenever you edit a notebook, all your changes will be saved to the original location, with full access to notebook directory — even when opened from another app.
• Install additional pure Python packages from PyPI (Python Package Index) with just few taps using Juno's package installer.
• Full-featured notebook editor provides complete development environment on your iPad or iPhone: it supports Dark Mode and Dynamic Type, offers extended on-screen keyboard and works beautifully with all hardware keyboards and trackpads.
• Produce rich output with your code: images, videos, HTML, Markdown and LaTeX, all wrapped into a single notebook file.
• No need for a server to run — all code is executed locally, right on your iPad or iPhone with embedded Python kernel.
WHAT ARE JUPYTER NOTEBOOKS?
Jupyter notebook is a document format that allows storing live code, markdown text, plots, images and equations in LaTeX — all wrapped into a single notebook file.
Notebook documents, or notebooks, contain the inputs and outputs of an interactive session, as well as narrative text that accompanies the code but is not meant for execution. Rich output generated by running code, including HTML, images, video, and plots, is embedded in the notebook, which makes it a complete and self-contained record of a computation.
Each notebook consists of a sequence of cells, each representing either a narrative text in a form of markdown text or HTML, or a piece of code with its text or media output. This makes notebooks both human-readable documents containing the analysis description and the results (figures, tables, etc), as well as executable documents which can be run to perform data analysis. You can use Jupyter notebook as a document with executable code in it, or simply as a playground for data manipulation and experiments.
– Adds GDAL, Fiona, PyProj, Shapely and GeoPandas. Enjoy!
– Adds a media viewer for cell output: view generated plots fullscreen, zoom and share!
– Fixes colouring of Pandas DataFrame objects in cell output.
– Requests additional RAM from the system (on supported devices).
– Improves Korean IME input support.
– Adds yfinance, requests, seaborn, beautifulsoup4 and a few other packages that were already supported, but could have occasional issues with the package installer — they now come pre-installed.
– Fixes several nasty crashes, as well as a few smaller bugs and issues.
Ratings and Reviews
Work likes Jupyter Notebook; makes it easy to use Python on the iPad
I am a Bioinformatician and I use Jupyter Notebook and Python as part of my workflow. Every now and then I like to take a break from using my computer, and simply use my iPad Pro to write Python scripts. I really like this app as it suits this purpose. Juno works like Jupyter Notebook, with the markdown style, python console, and even the functional keys of “B”, “A”, “M”, when adding a new line below, above, and markdown that makes Jupyter Notebook easy to use.
I haven’t had any issues with delays, crashes, or bugs. It works great, and to take things a step further, I would really like to see R included as a language for this app. There is definitely a need for it.
Working great so far
I bought this after having issues opening Excel files in another app with Jupyter Notebook support. Everything has been seamless so far. The autocomplete has also been quite nice, including suggesting column name strings.
I haven’t been able to get the ‘connect to Google Drive’ to work. That is annoying as iCloud is not a decent alternative for sharing files across platforms.
Great App, But Refreshing issue
This app really increases iPad productivity and power. Nothing really says a powerful tablet like being able to write scripts on it, and this app enables the tablet to be just that. Just tag on a keyboard and you’re basically using a laptop. It has a great layout and is extremely intuitive and well built.
HOWEVER, whenever I want to switch between other apps for referencing (which is often), I find that I have to wait for Juno to “boot up” again. The app boots up really fast, so this issue is really more of an annoyance than an inconvenience. Aside from that small issue, it is 5/5!
Developer Response ,
Thanks! 🤗 Yep unfortuately this is how iOS treats 3rd party apps in background... But the way Juno deals with this has been greatly improved in the 1.2 release: Juno will load faster and restore as much of its context as it can, including open notebook, directory permissions and even interpreter session (imported modules and variables)!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rational Matter Ltd
- 374.8 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Rational Matter Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.