Take a look behind Irony Curtain in this satirical point-and-click inspired by the best works of LucasArts and Daedalic Entertainment! Experience the totalitarian Matryoshka through the eyes of Evan – a low-ranking, goofy journalist involuntarily pulled right into the middle of an espionage stand-off between two powers. Jump into the wacky spy adventure, uncover secrets of the bizarre communist country (and the powerful capitalist empire!), witness a story full of unpredictable twists and turns, and discover the true agenda of the mysterious Supreme Leader!
What business might the loving father of the Matryoshkan nation have with a lowly, capitalistic pen-pusher?
Why suddenly lift the Irony Curtain and welcome a stranger into Matryoshka?
And why is there an alligator in the middle of the bathroom?!
• An original setting: fictional Cold War era – alternate reality unbound by historical accuracy, and the communistic Matryoshka full of people who work all the possible angles to navigate this illogical, odd country.
• Inspired by classic adventure games – but better. No dream-logic, no pixel hunting. No-nonsense. Pure point and click fun.
•The Spy Intrigue – sleeper spies, stolen secrets and world-domination plots wrapped up in layers of humor.
• Quirky characters – Meet the mysterious Leader ruling Matryoshka with an irony fist, the clueless and guilible Evan, the brave and witty Agent Anna and the notorious Minister of Propaganda...
• Do it your way – some of the puzzles are non-linear and can be solved in two or more different ways.
• 21 hand-painted locations – that look surprisingly better than their original inspirations.
• 1,951 cleverly sneaked-in easter eggs – some of them punishable by political imprisonment.
• Music score as grand as Matryoshka itself - music by the state composer Arkadiusz Reikowski (Layers of Fear, My Brother Rabbit) with Main Theme by Peter McConnell (Monkey Island, Grim Fandango etc.)
• Full voice-over – 5534 lines of text in English, and subtitles in Polish and German.
• A 5-year plan – that no one ever hoped to achieve, and neither should you.
- Artifex Mundi S.A.
- 2 GB
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
English, German, Polish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2019 Artifex Mundi S.A. All rights reserved. "Artifex Mundi" is a trademark of Artifex Mundi.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.