Neverwinter Nights is a classic Dungeons & Dragons RPG— enhanced for iOS! Explore 100+ hours of gameplay including the original campaign, plus six free DLC adventures. Play solo or team up with friends for a grand adventure across the Forgotten Realms.
Optimized for iPads
Recommended for iPhones with screen sizes of 6 inches or larger
Neverwinter Nights (Classic Campaign)
Shadows of Undrentide (Free DLC)
Hordes of the Underdark (Free DLC)
Kingmaker (Free DLC)
ShadowGuard (Free DLC)
Witch’s Wake (Free DLC)
Adventure Pack (Free DLC)
Re-engineered UI for iPads and iPhones
- Virtual joystick and context sensitive button makes gameplay easy
- UI Scales automatically or can be set to your liking
- Adventure with friends!
- Cross-play support includes compatibility with mobile, tablets, computers and consoles
- Join persistent worlds, with community-run campaigns and up to 250 players
- Pixel shaders and post-processing effects make for cleaner graphics and visuals
- Adjustable contrast, vibrance, and depth of field options
Neverwinter Nights (Original Campaign)
You find yourself at the center of intrigue, betrayal, and dark magic in Neverwinter Nights. Journey through dangerous cities, monster filled dungeons and deep into uncharted wilderness in search of the cure for a cursed plague ravaging the city of Neverwinter.
Shadows of Undrentide (Free DLC Expansion)
Another adventure begins in the updated expansion, Shadows of Undrentide! Charged by your master to recover four ancient artifacts, travel from the Silver Marches to unravel mysteries of a long-dead magical civilization.
Hordes of the Underdark (Free DLC Expansion)
This expansion continues the adventure started in Shadows of Undrentide. Journey into the ever-more bizarre and hostile depths of Undermountain to challenge a gathering evil.
Three Premium Modules (Free DLC)
Discover over 40 hours of new Dungeons & Dragons adventures across the Forgotten Realms in these premium modules for Neverwinter Nights:
- Witch’s Wake
- Adventure Pack
©2020 Beamdog. ©2020 Wizards of the Coast LLC. All Rights Reserved. Wizards of the Coast, Dungeons & Dragons, Neverwinter Nights, and D&D are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast LLC. Hasbro and its logo are registered trademarks of HASBRO, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Get the December 2020 update! We’ve enhanced performance & added quality-of-life fixes to the gameplay. Check out our patch notes:
- Exploring the world just got easier— we’ve improved player navigation & movement
- Get smoother gameplay with improvements to overall performance
- Your spellbook now sorts alphabetically
- Dismiss the action menu easily with a new “Close” button
- Dock your Menu-Bar on the left side of the screen
- See more of the game during chats— pop-up panel is now smaller to give you a better view!
- Your target’s context menu now follows your camera-view
- Fixed DLC download errors occurring for some players
- Fixed visual issues while downloading DLC in Dark Mode
- Fixed bugs caused by zoom settings
- Learning spells from scrolls no longer causes the game to crash (fixed in previous update)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great Port with Minor Issues
I started playing this game on the iPad because I like the portability factor. I played it when it originally came out and seems pretty true to the original. I like the setting but it is a little static because it’s a relatively early crpg game. The main issue I have is that I bought all of the premium modules, but I can’t seem to get them to install. All I get is a white box with a line with only the word cancel in it. Is there something I am missing or is there another program that has to be install. All of the premium modules now say install but they won’t. I think this iPad port has great potential. I really like that the classics have been ported to this platform.
Updated Review. I can download all the DLC but tyrants of moonsea. It just stops downloading around 6 or 7 seconds and then asks me to install again. The game plays great and the touch screen seems to work well but it was a little confusing at first when you are used to PC edition. It is really nice having this as a game on the iPad.
Correction: Managed to install after 7th time trying. I look forward to playing it.
Developer Response ,
Hello! Do you use iOS 14 Beta by chance?
Good, But No Toolset
OK, actual review time.
Lots of bugs.
1) The inventory radial menu icon does nothing.
2) Sometime highlights from one item appear when looking at another item from another chest.
3) There really needs to be some form of toolset implementation.
4) It still has an occasional memory leak, which was left over from. The PC/Mac game. Every once in a while, on a reload, everything drops to like 1 FPS or less.
5) The NPC AI needs to be improved a tad, your henchmen and familiars, etc. can box you into tight space and then not move.
6) You need to be able to tell familiars and animal companions to NOT attack chests. They will do it forever.
7) Marrok, the blacksmith guy, sometimes just wont make a recipe. The parts are there, he is there, but, nope–
8) The main character will often, all of a sudden, just stop doing anything when in the midst of a fight. Usually the PCs track new targets very well, but sometimes the main one just decides to stand there for a while, no condition or effect on them, and do nothing, even when gettin hit. I have tested this one a bunch. It mostly happens when a lot of action is going on.
Please, make the toolset another app, and use Files to transfer new stuff to the game. It could not be that hard. The toolset is really what made this game special.
Can’t believe I’m playing Layonara on my IPad
Neverwinter nights was a great online role-playing game based in the Dungeons and Dragons universe. They really did an exceptional job of capturing the idea of Dungeons and Dragons in a video game. Even better, when everyone started developing persistent worlds that you could play on!
But then Wizards, stopped supporting after about 15 years, and a lot of those persistent worlds went dark. But fortunately, an excellent role-playing-based one is still up and running, among quite a few others actually, and it is truly an amazing experience. Layonara was first and foremost developed by role players for role players. There’s plenty of smashing and bashing and of course crafting, to be done as well, but it’s a great place to go IC and stay there for a little while! The players there are so nice and enjoyable to be with. Solid RPers! I played all those years ago, and then put it down when wizards stopped supporting, but I’m back again, playing on my iPad, and I’m loving every minute of it. If you’re looking for a good RP server, give Layonara a try, they make very good use of the Neverwinter nights engine!
More information can be found at Discord, at Layonara, so you can get the password and get your character created. (You’ll need to create a little backstory for him or her, but if you like RP as much as I do, you will surely enjoy it!)
I’m loving it!
David AKA Brutus Clawfoot
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Overhaul Games Inc.
- 3.6 GB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2020 Beamdog
- In-App Purchases
- Adventure Pack
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.