Classic FX application will add brightness and expand the sound space of any instrument from recorded musical instruments to software and even modular synthesizers.
Unique effects with unified control parameters provide convenience and at the same time many opportunities for individual expression and experimentation.
Each effect called “Algorithm” is based on a combination of classic effects, such as echo, rotary speaker, autopan, chorus, flanger, and is almost like a separate application with its own distinctive sonic signature, which you can vary from subtle to very noticeable.
The Morphing function allows you to control the dynamic transformations between any two effects. While this can produce mind-boggling effects, it couldn't be easier to control - you just need to move the fader or push a button.
Some of the other exciting features of Classic FX are:
- Algorithm with parameters can be stored as a preset.
- A set of factory default presets.
- Change a group of parameters at the same time.
- Manual or automatic morphing once or in a cycle.
- Envelope follower for dynamic control of each effect.
- Sequencer for rhythmic control of each effect.
- Echo module, Sequencer, and Auto morphing synced with the main BPM source.
- Universal application for iPad and iPhone.
- Supports Standalone, AUv3, Inter-App audio, Audiobus.
- Supports Ableton Link with sync tempo and start / stop.
In coming updates, the Classic FX application will expose its parameters to allow external controls in an AUv3 host and through MIDI, new algorithms and presets, and will also focus on more experimental sound processing. All new features will be free in updates.
You can find more details about Classic FX on the website:
- The last state of the controls is saved when used as an AU module.
- The last state and rate of morphing are also saved.
- The scale and last position of the description are saved.
- Fixed problems with some presets when used in GarageBand.
- Fixed problems with saving presets when used as an AU module.
- The description of the app is available on the site in PDF format.
- Some UI improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Can’t See $h!t
Sounds like is has potential to sound great.. unfortunately the fonts are so small that you can’t even read them with a magnifying glass. I tried. Everything you do to edit a setting or change a preset is a complete crap shoot since all you’re left with is a blind guess to whatever you’re doing because you’re not gonna see it at all.. So Now its just another AUv3 plug-in that won’t get used due to this oversight.
And get this.. the manual has a scale resize of fonts but they forgot to add that feature to the app. 😂Wonder what happened there? 🤷♂️ Sometimes the best designs are the simplest. This one looks fancy and can more than likely deliver but with this fatal visual flaw it’s a coin toss. Hopefully this gets re envisioned as it isn’t cheap by any means just to sit there in storage space.
More magic from the mad scientist!
I’m a fan of all this developer’s apps. I’ve only had this one a day, but have already figured out most of the functionality. His apps tend toward the esoteric sophistication side, which means it can take a few days to get the full gist of the app. His SynthScaper app is a sound design masterpiece, but it take awhile to grasp the power it has.
This Classic FX app is somewhat more accessible and easier to pick up. I love that you can go easily from classic plugin sounds, to new hybrids, and all the way out into deep space.
Another one knocked way out of the park!
Igor Has His Sound...And it’s Awesome!
Top notch, uniques sound and user interface. Must buy!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.