Classic FX application is a complete sound effects processor and a mono to stereo enhancer with equalizer, effects and reverb, based on specially designed high-quality processing algorithms and suitable for any kind of audio sources. Classic FX will add brightness and expand the sound space of any musical instruments, synthesizers, drums or voice. Unique and varied effects with unified control parameters provide convenience and ease setup, while at the same time many opportunities for individual expression and experimentation.
Each effect called “Algorithm” is based on a combination of classic effects, such as echo, rotary speaker, autowah, autopan, chorus, flanger, distortion, filters, and is almost like a separate application with its own distinctive sonic signature, which you can vary from subtle to very noticeable.
Complex and integrated effects sound much more varied and interesting than simple effect modules, and will give you the opportunity not to waste time looking for combinations of single effects, but to start creative work with the sound of your instruments right away.
Another unique feature of this application is the Morphing option, based on a complex transformation of effect matrices, which allows you to control the dynamic transition between any two effects. While this can produce mind-boggling effects, it couldn't be easier to control - you just need to move the fader or push a button. For more experiments with morphing this application has three linked LFOs to create more complex waveforms to modify the morphing. Each LFO has different ranges, waveforms and can sync with the main BPM. You can see the final waveform of all LFOs on the graph at different scales.
Some of the other exciting features of Classic FX are:
- Classic FX has 22 unique processing algorithms and 40 different presets.
- Two slots in which you can use different effects and smoothly morph between them.
- Three band equalizer with high / low shelving filters and middle peaking filter.
- Easy to use algorithmic reverb, suitable for any sound source.
- Limiter on output prevents any possible clipping.
- Envelope follower for dynamic control of each effect.
- Sequencer for rhythmic control of each effect.
- Three special LFO in series to automate morphing.
- Hot buttons to change the active effect slot.
- Changing a group of parameters at the same time.
- Echo module, Sequencer, and Auto morphing synced with the main BPM source.
- The effect algorithm and its parameters can be saved as a preset.
- Detailed application description and description of algorithms.
- Quick info and description of the algorithm used in presets.
- Universal application for iPad and iPhone.
- Supports Standalone, AUv3, Inter-App audio, Audiobus.
- All parameters of equalizer, effects and reverb accessible for AUv3 host.
- Supports Ableton Link with sync tempo and start / stop.
You can find more information about Classic FX and other sound processing and experimental applications on the site:
In this update a new LFO option has been added for automating morphing between the two effect slots A and B. Now you have three linked LFOs to create more complex waveforms to modify the morphing. Or you can use one LFO for simple automation. Each LFO has two ranges, fast and slow and two types of waveforms. You can set the LFO frequency in beats synchronized with the main BPM, or in seconds. Also you can see the final waveform of all the LFOs on a graph at different scales.
This update brings six new processing algorithms based on reverse delay, saturation and distortion. These new algorithms Back Talk, Bitcrusher, Oversaturate, Gated Echo, Gated Reverse and Shining will give a completely new sound to any instrument or voice, from soft saturation and ambient fuzziness to sharp and hard overdrives and bit reduction.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love this like I love all your apps, but using multiple instances in AUM is a strain on the DSP. Other than that, it’s FANTASTIC!
Can’t See $h!t
Sounds like is has potential to sound great.. unfortunately the fonts are so small that you can’t even read them with a magnifying glass. I tried. Everything you do to edit a setting or change a preset is a complete crap shoot since all you’re left with is a blind guess to whatever you’re doing because you’re not gonna see it at all.. So Now its just another AUv3 plug-in that won’t get used due to this oversight.
And get this.. the manual has a scale resize of fonts but they forgot to add that feature to the app. 😂Wonder what happened there? 🤷♂️ Sometimes the best designs are the simplest. This one looks fancy and can more than likely deliver but with this fatal visual flaw it’s a coin toss. Hopefully this gets re envisioned as it isn’t cheap by any means just to sit there in storage space.
More magic from the mad scientist!
I’m a fan of all this developer’s apps. I’ve only had this one a day, but have already figured out most of the functionality. His apps tend toward the esoteric sophistication side, which means it can take a few days to get the full gist of the app. His SynthScaper app is a sound design masterpiece, but it take awhile to grasp the power it has.
This Classic FX app is somewhat more accessible and easier to pick up. I love that you can go easily from classic plugin sounds, to new hybrids, and all the way out into deep space.
Another one knocked way out of the park!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.