Write naturally with your Apple Pencil on Live Paper with Penbook.
Build your perfect notebook from more than one hundred types of stationery. Then, use the best digital inking technology to pour your ideas, notes, plans, and dreams into it.
Penbook's Live Paper is way smarter than ordinary stationery. Schedule your life on a monthly planner that shows a real calendar, organize your day with a day planner that shows you what time it is, and record your nutrition on a food diary that knows what day it is.
Give your notebooks colorful covers with fun art, and share them so your notes are always where you need them.
• Live Paper, the dynamic stationery that uses the smarts of your iPad
• Over one hundred variations of academic, scientific, and planning stationeries
• Write naturally with your Apple Pencil or finger
• Unlimited unique cover combinations for your notes
• Search your handwritten notes for words or phrases
• Snap your strokes to perfect shapes with shape recognition
Penbook has a huge selection of customizable stationery, and each page of your notebook can be different, turning your iPad into a magic notebook:
• Blank stationery, with an optional date and configurable margin
• Ruled paper with variable density
• Graph paper with four options for square sizes
• Dot stationery, either squared or isometric (offset)
• Cross stationery with configurable margins and density
• To Do pages with four layout options
• Monthly habit paper for tracking streaks, habits, and goals
• Day planner paper with a live updating timeline and calendar, and three layouts
• Weekly planner paper that highlights the current time and date
• Monthly planner paper that keeps track of the current day and shows you what's coming next
• Yearly stationery for getting a complete overview of your next 365 days
• Cornell paper for taking perfect study notes
• French ruled (Séyès) paper
• Penmanship practice paper
• Table stationery for hand-written spreadsheets
• Polar graph paper for plotting radial data
• Semi-log and loglog paper for data with exponential growth or decay
• Isometric stationery with equilateral (60-60-60) or isosceles (75-75-30) triangles
• Perspective paper, configurable with one, two, or three vanishing points
• Developer stationery with device stencils and configurable note-taking areas
• Storyboard paper with 3 frame aspect ratios
• Engineering paper with variable density
• Chemistry paper for easily sketching molecules
• Staff (music) paper with optional linked staves
• Tablature paper with vocal parts and chord charts
GET THE MOST OUT OF PENBOOK
Use all of Penbook's stationery and writing features in a single notebook for free for as long as you like.
Upgrade to Penbook Premium to create and export unlimited notebooks, receive access to new stationery and covers as they're designed, and get regular app updates.
Penbook Premium is available by purchasing a yearly subscription or a one-time (lifetime) in-app purchase.
When you choose to upgrade with the yearly subscription, you can start using Penbook Premium for free with a 7-day free trial. During the trial, cancel any time until 24 hours before the trial expires, and you will not be charged. If you do not cancel, you will be automatically billed for the yearly subscription when your free trial ends.
Payment will be charged to your Apple ID account at the confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your account settings on the App Store after purchase.
Apple Pencil users: now, you can customize all of Penbook's stationeries with themes and page colors. Choose from our hand-picked combinations, or pick your own.
(This minor update improves compatibility with older devices.)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
While I think there are things that can be improved with this app, it has a lot of potential and I am really enjoying it. It hasn’t yet taken the place of my normal note-taking apps since there is no zoom function (where one writes in a smaller box that tracks across the page). It is the lack of features that more traditional note taking apps have that made me give it 4 rather than 5 stars. But I LOVE the different page layouts. Honestly, this is the absolute best app if one wants to make a digital bullet journal, which is what I’m using it for. When I had a problem their support team got back to me really fast and were really nice about it.
A couple things I would like to see changed include the following: it may just be me but I accidentally activate it to turn the page all the flipping time when I’m writing. It is extremely sensitive. Also, I would like the ability to drag pages around to put them in a different order. As I mentioned above, including a few standard features that other note apps have would also be great. And I look forward to Apple improving their basic writing tools that this app relies on. Maybe it’s because I don’t have one of the newest Apple pencils but the writing tool bar is really big and I like to hide it for less distraction...but that makes the eraser and undo really annoying to get to. That’s not this apps fault but I do hope it evolves into something with a bit more finesse.
Developer Response ,
Hi Jaalg, thanks for your thoughtful review. Hope you don't mind us following up a few months later :)
The latest update improves the gesture recognition for page turning, and also gives you the option to disable it completely if it's still annoying.
Enjoying so far but 1 big annoyance before I buy premium
When I access the grid view, it doesn’t update to show me what’s on each page. I was creating a log template and when I went to view in total to make sure my page numbers were correct, I realized a lot of the pages were black. Then it crashed and half my pages disappeared and shuffled a few others. So annoying. I really love this app though. After using it all day, it feels natural.
I will hold off on spending the $25 until I understand if this will be fixed.
Honestly the price isn’t bad compared to taking a step towards reducing waste!
Developer Response ,
Hey, thanks a lot for leaving us a review. We're sorry about the crash - the latest version has a whole bunch of stability improvements that will prevent this from happening again.
If you have other problems or suggestions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Favorite note taking app for school!! Thank you!
New review: After emailing them through troubleshooting they haven’t been able to pinpoint the issue, so they gave me free unlimited access to see if it’d help. It did! Thank you so much! Tried to find a note taking app as amazing as this one and nothing could compare!
From what I understood, to avoid the situation below I’d recommend getting unlimited and using multiple notebooks. It helps prevent your notebooks from overcrowding which can result in lagginess.
Old review: (1 star) As a student, I use this app daily for my many notes with an iPad Pro 11” and Apple Pencil. At first it was amazing. My teachers commented on how amazing my notes were. It was easy to search and find the notes I needed. Now, it takes about 15-30 seconds for a few characters to appear after writing them! It doesn’t sound like that much, but try writing 2 letters and counting to 30 seconds before you write another 2 letters, rinse and repeat. It becomes a huge issue. Especially for a student who also works and is already short on time as is! When this is fixed, I will buy unlimited access and change my rating to 5 stars. Otherwise, I will be looking for a different app.
Developer Response ,
Whoa that sounds super annoying - definitely not how it’s supposed to work. Can you please press “send troubleshooting info” in the app’s setting screen? We’ll take this up by email and get it fixed.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- User Camp Inc.
- 7.8 MB
Requires iOS 13.5 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- © User Camp Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Penbook Pro $14.99
- Penbook Pro Lifetime $37.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.