SessionBand Soul Jazz Funk 1 - Chris Standring Special Artist Edition
Create studio-quality Soul, Jazz and Funk tracks to your own chords in minutes with this special artist edition of the award-winning SessionBand app - the world’s only chord-based loop app.
Chris Standring is one of America’s most prolific urban jazz artists. With 6 Billboard #1s and 13 solo albums to his name, the legendary guitarist is joined by one of the world’s most renowned drummers Chris Coleman (Babyface, Prince, Chaka Kahn, Christina Aguilera…) and top UK bassist and producer Geoff Gascoyne (Sting, Van Morrison, Georgie Fame…) to bring you this special artist edition of the app.
It’s our biggest and best to date. More styles, more channels and more chord variations plus a host of new tech features to make your songwriting and track building quicker and even more awesome.
With over 20,000 precision-cut, chord-based loops across 18 Soul, Jazz and Funk styles*, the app instantly converts the chords you select into great-sounding audio - wherever you are and whatever your ability.
Alongside a list of pro features like automated mixing, auto-transpose, one-touch live recording and a range of export functions, there are new features with this edition including 7 stunning effects per channel, ‘Track Builder’ to construct songs even quicker, PDF generator to produce instant chord sheets and a number of new editing and preview enhancements.
Create professional Soul, Jazz and Funk tracks to your own chords in minutes. Everything you need to produce your own stunning royalty-free tracks.
Hear the loops. Watch the video at sessionbandapp.com
The fastest way to create your own studio-quality music...
• Pick one of 18 Soul Jazz Funk styles*
• Choose your chords
• Stretch or shorten loops in seconds
• Build up your track in minutes with ‘Track Builder’
• Instantly hear your track across all the different styles and tempos
• Auto-transpose your entire track (not electronic pitch shift!)
• Add effects
• Mix your track (manual or automated)
• Adjust track tempo
• Record direct to audio
• Copy straight to other music apps
• Share with the world!
The ultimate mobile jam/practice tool for musicians...
• Practice with your own world-class Soul Jazz Funk band
• Loop markers let you focus on specific sections
• Mute instrument channels as you like (manual and automated)
• Produce PDF chord sheets for the tracks you create...instantly
• ’Flip’ your track instantly across all 18 styles and tempos
• Transpose your whole track instantly
You don't have to be a musician to create seriously good Soul Jazz Funk tracks and release them royalty-free!
• Simple, intuitive interface
• Audition the loops as you go
• ‘Track Builder’ allows simple creation of a full track
• Intuitive mixing and record functions
Detailed Product Information...
• 18 Soul, Jazz and Funk styles* in tempo order: Smooth Jazz Ballad; Slow Groove Ballad; Gospel12/8; Motown Wah; Pop Fusion; Pop Soul; Swinging Reggae; Wah Funk; Electric Bossa; Samba Funk; Soul Funk; Shuffle; Uptown Funk; Driving Soul; Upwards Groove; Brazilian; Feel Good; Drum'n' Bass
• Tempos from 60bpm to 160bpm
• 12 chord variations for every root note in all 18 styles: maj; maj7; 11; 7; 7(b9); 7(#9,#5), min, m(#5); m6; m9; m7(b5); maj 'stop'
• 15 alternative drum grooves and drum fills in all 18 styles in addition to each main drum groove
• All loops recorded in Los Angeles and produced in London, UK
• The musical content in this app is not duplicated in any of the other SessionBand apps
• All loops are offered royalty-free and can be used freely in your own works
- This app download contains over 1.5GB of content.
- Users of older devices (e.g. iPhone 8) may notice occasional pops and clicks through the device speakers that they won't hear when using headphones or external speakers.
*Unlocking all 18 styles/20,000 loops requires an in-app purchase.
Important bug fix to resolve random pops and clicks in audio on older iOS devices
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best SessionBand app to date!
The quality of both of these Soul volumes is fantastic. I am hoping for another jazz volume on this level. Very happy to see a simple triad added as well as the minor +5, although they took away the minor with major 7.
Still could use some more 7th chord options. I most often miss having a dominant 7 with sharp 5 only. Also do prefer the 13th chord (from the jazz versions) as the straight dominant voicing can sound a little square.
If slash chords could be implemented that would be even better. There is no way to get a sound like Bb/Ab for instance.
Still though I’m blown away overall I can’t think of a more useful $10 app than this.
The quality jump from some of the other session band apps to this one is HUGE! There are still a lot of things that could improve, but the developer has been very responsive. I own all the apps but one at this point. I haven’t unlocked this one yet but I definitely will at some point in the future.
Your iOS Band in...
a box. It’s a simplified version of band in a box type of software. Very good for backing tracks or even to compose and lay tracks in your own compositions if you know your way around your DAW. Get the entire session and library over time if you have to it’s nice to have for composition, practice, and production.
- UK Music Apps Ltd
- 1.7 GB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 UK Music Apps Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock All Content $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.