With Fontstand, you can install and use thousands of high-quality new fonts for a small monthly fee.
• Choose from carefully curated font families by 50 participating type foundries
• Discover the best match via an advanced filtering system
• Get inspired by collections of award-winning typefaces and foundry favorites
• Make and share your own font collections
• Use the fonts in any iPad app that is capable of using the fonts offered through the new font picker interface.
Fontstand uses the new functionality that provides for the first time an officially supported way to install custom fonts that can be used by various iPad applications, for example:
• Adobe Illustrator
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe Fresco
• Affinity Designer
• Affinity Photo
• Clip Studio Paint
More compatible apps will follow as the technology is finally available for all independent app developers.
Fontstand will be frequently updated with the new font releases from your favorite type foundry
• Sign in to your existing Fontstand account to activate your desktop app rentals free of charge.
Fontstand is a font discovery platform that allows you to test and use high-quality fonts on all platforms. If you rent fonts via the Fontstand desktop app for Mac or Windows you can use the same fonts on the iPad with no additional charge.
• Study thousands of examples of great type use as provided by Fonts in Use archives
Fontstand allows you to enjoy the same high-quality standard in most of the world’s languages and scripts:
• Latin • Arabic
• How can I use the fonts on an iPad?
You can use the activated fonts just as you would use any licensed font on your iPad or a desktop computer. You can use them to create and print text or image documents, display them on your screen or export them as part of a PDF file, or create a graphic to be included in your web project as an image. You can also use iPad activated fonts to publish documents or create logos for clients to be distributed without restriction. For detailed legal info see the Fontstand for iPad Service Agreement here.
• Do I need to be using the Fontstand desktop app to use Fontstand for iPad?
No, Fontstand for iPad is standalone software, which can be used independently of the existing macOS or Windows app. You can activate all the available fonts via only the monthly subscription fee option directly from within the iPad app. However, if you are renting fonts using one of the Fontstand desktop apps, you can activate all your current font rentals in the iPad app for no additional fee, without the need to pay the iPad subscription fee.
• What is the difference between Fontstand sign in and using my Apple ID?
To use your existing font rentals from the Fontstand desktop app on an iPad, you need to sign in with your Fontstand account (using your email address and password connected to your Fontstand desktop app). When using the iPad-only monthly subscription, you need to enter your existing Apple ID to initiate the payments utilizing Apple’s own system. Both accounts can be used in the app independently. You will be able to use your Fontstand subscription on all your iPad devices connected to the same Apple ID.
• Is there any reason to download the Fontstand for iPad app if I don’t want to install the fonts?
Besides the activation of fonts, the Fontstand iPad app also allows you to discover new fonts based on traditional categorizations or visual attributes, languages and many other criteria. The Fontstand app also presents a wide range of actual fonts in use, which serve as inspiration as to how the fonts on offer can be used.
NEW fonts in the June update: ABC Monument Grotesk Mono & Semi-Mono, ABC Favorit Arabic, ABC Marfa & Marfa Mono, ABC Arizona Sans, Serif, Text, Mix & Flare (Dinamo), Raptor V1–V3 (Superior Type), 29LT Oskura (29Letters), Noir No1 (Playtype).
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Fontstand BV
- 28.2 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Fontstand BV
- In-App Purchases
- Fontstand Font Library $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.