Keeping notes for your film photography has never been easier. Log and record your metadata with a single tap from Lock screen widget, Apple Watch or the main app.
Turn your notes into Exif effortlessly with either a Lightroom plugin (download from http://leaf500.com/lightroom-plugin/) or with any other software e.g. Exiftool by copying it from exported JPEGs.
Export reports for viewing, printing and spreadsheets. Export directly into iCloud or other cloud storage.
View your shots on a map to visualise the locations.
No complex setup is required, just open the app, create a roll and start recording. Film Shots will quickly learn your preferences and let you setting up new rolls in seconds.
* Record Exif metadata for your shots with a single tap from lock screen, Apple Watch or main app
* Supports roll films and sheet film holders
* Quickly learns your favourite settings and helps you setting new rolls and sets with autocomplete
* Comes with lots of preloaded camera and film data
* Edit Exif metadata of individual shots if needed
* Take reference pictures to help you identifying the negatives when they are back from the lab
* Track your rolls' workflow statuses: Active, Exposed, In Lab, Processed, Digitised, Archived. * * Special 'Inactive' status to remove currently unused rolls from lock screen
* Filter your rolls by any combination of Workflow statuses to only see what you need at the moment
* Export Exif metadata of rolls and sets for viewing, printing and spreadsheet import
* See your shots on the map with annotations
* Import directly into Lightroom in a non destructive manner for processing and export
* Automatic backup and synchronization across Apple mobile and wearable devices via iCloud.
For Large format users:
* 'Set of holders' groups your holders by theme
* Quickly record frames with either default or customer settings
* Edit exposure and emulsions/iso per frame
* App remembers what holders have been used with what emulsion/ISO and prefills it the next time
FIX: Exif JPEG export correct AM/PM time
FIX: Intermittent crashes in aperture/shutter selection control
* iCloud support
** Synchronize your data securely across all Apple mobile and wearable devices
** Required for watchOS app to work
* Custom frame numbering
** Assign any number or holder designator to a new frame before recording
** App remembers what emulsion/ISO you use with what holders and fills it in automatically the next time
** Works in widget and iOS app, watchOS not supported yet
* New exposure controls
** Adjust exposure before recording from the Roll Content screen
* One click reference photo and frame recording
** Record a frame and take a reference photo in one click
* Workflow status in watchOS app
** Toggle 'Last frame' before recording a shot to mark the roll as Exposed
* Edit frame coordinates
** Simply long tap on the map when editing the frame
* Other changes
** Long tap menu on the Library screen
** Swipe left to delete a roll or a frame
** Bottom tab navigation
** Redesigned Roll Content screen
** Map pins with thumbnails
** Redesigned Roll and Frame Edit screens
** Better text field navigation
** Distinct colors for workflow statuses
** Distinct default thumbnails for rolls, sets and frames
** For geeks: Fully rewritten in SwiftUI
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I have been using the app for a couple of months and it just keeps getting better; feedback and suggestions to the developer have been integrated in new versions. The app continually helps my tracking of shots and testing of new cameras/lenses. It’s one of the best all around film shot tracker I’ve come across, I decided to support with a monthly donation for all the hard work.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback and being a supporter. I am really glad you find it useful!
Immediately retired my paper notebook
I just finished my 2nd roll using this app, and it is a breeze to use in the field.
I easily access it from my watch or phone, and logging shots info is really straight forward and easy.
At this point I just :
- Open the app and the roll I'm shooting
- Name the shot
- Take a reference picture
- Enter Aperture and Shutter speed
- Put my phone back in my pocket.
One thing I'd love improvement on, would be adding the relevant exif in Lightroom. Currently I can only do it 1 photo at a time, and wish I could:
- enter the frame numbers for each photo of the roll,
- then select all
- and then apply film shots Metadata to all of them.
But all in all, amazing work!
Love this app.
Developer Response ,
That's a great review, thank you! You can adjust exposure and log your pictures directly from lock screen (Today widget). Not possible to take a reference picture or enter frame title though, so if you do need that then you have to open the main app.
Yes, Lightroom plugin is a bit cumbersome at the moment and I am planning to make it work with multiple photos as you suggest, watch out for future versions. Please make sure you are on version 0.3 - it fixes a slow import/crash bug
Great App! The developer is very responsive to the community!
I really love this app! It’s not often that you find an app that really checks all the boxes! This has been a godsend to my film workflow!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback and being a part of the community!
- Oleksii Novikov
- 6 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 14.2 and watchOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Oleksii Novikov
- In-App Purchases
- Noble Patron $1.99
- Big Fan $0.99
- Generous Sponsor $4.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.