Do you spend uncountable time clicking on tabs searching for the tab
you were on just seconds ago? Do you have 50 tabs in Safari and only
care about the last couple you visited? If so, this is extension for Safari is for you!
1. Automatically removes old tabs.
2. Only removes tabs after a user-defined idle time period.
3. User-definable minimum number of tabs.
4. Ignores pinned tabs in the calculation.
5. Tabs in different windows can be considered separately or together.
1. Launch the CloseTabs application.
2. Click on the "Quit and Open Safari Preferences"
3. Enable CloseTabs Extension in Preferences in Safari.
4. Configure the CloseTabs extension using the button in the navigation bar.
Pinned-Tabs Support: Pinned tabs are not considered or included in the minimum tab aging algorithm.
Window Support: The tab aging algorithm can be per window or for all windows.
Delay Active Support: Choosing this will not consider a tab as active for 3 seconds. This allows for clicking around the tabs to find a tab to not reset the age on those briefly viewed tabs.
Note: This changed underlying technologies and will not preserve your settings. They will be reset to reasonable defaults.
Ratings and Reviews
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mark Eklund
- 3.6 MB
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Mark Eklund
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.