The current release of Audio Overload supports music in the following file formats:
AHX - Commodore Amiga
AY - Amstrad CPC/Spectrum ZX/Atari ST
COP - Sam Coupe
DSF - Sega Dreamcast
GBS - Nintendo Gameboy
GSF - Nintendo Gameboy Advance
GYM - Sega Megadrive/Genesis
HES - PC Engine
HVL - Commodore Amiga
IMF - PC-compatibles, various Apogee games
KSS - MSX
MDX - Sharp X68000
MOD - Commodore Amiga
NSF - Nintendo NES
NSFE - Nintendo NES (enhanced tags)
ORC - TRS-80 Orchestra-90
PSF - Sony PlayStation
PSF2 - Sony PlayStation II
QSF - Capcom QSound
RAW - PC-compatibles with an AdLib
ROL - PC-compatibles, AdLib Visual Composer
S3M - PC-compatibles with a GUS or SoundBlaster
S98 - NEC PC-98
SAP - Atari XL/XE
SCI - PC-compatibles, various Sierra games
SNDH - Atari ST
SPC - Super Nintendo
SPU - Sony Playstation
SSF - Sega Saturn
VGM - Sega Master System/Game Gear (and lots more)
VTX - Spectrum Vortex Tracker
WSR - Bandai WonderSwan/Wonderswan Color
YM - Amstrad CPC/Spectrum ZX/Atari ST
- Audio Overload now displays a warning when library data required to play certain formats cannot be found.
- Added support for .vgm files with Pokey chips.
- Added support for .vgm files with QSound chips.
- Added support for .vgm files with YM2608 chips.
- Added support for .vgm files with two YM3812 chips.
- Fixed issue that stopped .rol files from playing correctly.
- Fixed issue that prevented Save As WAV from working.
- Attempting to play .med files no longer crashes Audio Overload (R. Belmont).
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
If You're Into Emulation Audio, Grab This App
As a person who has been into emulation for a while, especially the music side, Audio Overload has been one of my top used apps. While there are formats I wish it could play (MultiPCM VGZ would be awesome), I can't knock it down a star for that. I'm liking the new interface and super glad its on the App store. If I had only one request, it would be more audio options such as tweaking how it handled Snes audio output. Eitherway, worth a download.
Video Game History
I downloaded it to play some old AdLib Visual Composer ROL files from my youth and it works great, but it's so much more than that!
It handled my Amiga MOD files without a hitch and it seems to cover any audio format from old video game systems.
An invaluable tool to enjoy the original sounds of old video games on your modern Mac.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.