The audio guide for curious explorers. Over 1 million places worldwide.
NEW: Just in time for the summer, we are partnering with Lonely Planet to bring one of their major guides to TripTastic: Lonely Planet Italy.
This summer, experience premium content for free, and access Lonely Planet expert recommendations to the dolce vita in a whole new way.
TripTastic is your cultural and historical travel guide.
Listen or read about the secrets of the monuments around you. With over 1 million places available, TripTastic gathers the world's cultural wonders just around the corner, or thousands miles away.
▶ PLAN YOUR TOURS AND ACTIVITIES
TripTastic is your new personal travel advisor, ready to visit a city, or your next hiking trip. TripTastic surfaces top things to do in town as well as hidden gems. Suited for any city sightseeing, it is your travel planner of choice.
▶ BETTER WAYS AHEAD
Plan your tours using Search, or simply browse the map to easily identify the must-see attractions and activities.
▶ LISTEN AND LEARN
All TripTastic content is available in audio and text form. Put on your headphones and enjoy a hands-free experience on the go.
▶ READ THE ROOM
Buildings, museums, city districts, and landmarks all have their own history and anecdotes surrounding them. TripTastic brings those to your ears, helping you to decode the world around you and become a culture expert.
TripTastic's Key Features:
• Over 1 million places, sights, and attractions worldwide
• Pictures, history, and background information
• Audio content in English, French, and German
• Curation of places by distance and popularity
• Standard map, simplified satellite map, or satellite map with roads information
• GeoTags provide contextual information on the district, the city, or the country based on the zoom level
• Raise the iPhone to your ear to listen to places quietly, even without headphones
• Look Around: 360° immersive view
• Book tickets or guided tours via our partner Get Your Guide
Try TripTastic for free, for a new sight on sightseeing.
Questions? Feedback? Use the section "Get in touch" in-app or write us at email@example.com.
If you're enjoying the app, please leave us a review!
• Discovery feed improvements.
• Images display faster
• Search improvements
• Place Card updates faster when switching articles.
NEW in 3.0: LONELY PLANET for ITALY
For over 50 years, Lonely Planet has been committed to inspiring you to experience travel in a whole new way. With a collection of 825+ travel and guidebooks, Lonely Planet is sure to inspire the traveler within.
Today, Lonely Planet is bringing a major guide to TripTastic: Italy.
Relive the past at Pompeii, take a world-class Tuscan wine tour and explore the unspoilt wilderness of Sardinia; all with your trusted travel companions.
With TripTastic, experience Lonely Planet in a whole new way:
• Listen to 3000+ breathtaking Italian locations
• Browse the maps and discover recommendations for both popular and lesser-known experiences.
• Discovery feed now highlights popular Lonely Planet articles packed with insider recommendations.
• A tap on a GeoTag now displays local secrets and expert advice.
•• All new maps:
• Show and hide the player at will and experience a streamlined Discovery.
• In addition to our historic Wikipedia content, look for the Lonely Planet places with the iconic deep blue in Italy!
•• All new place cards:
• Tap anywhere on a section to expand it.
• Hit the play button, now located on the right to listen to the section.
• The source of the content is now highlighted
• The town and country labels help you to orient yourself at a glance
• 2.5 times faster to launch
• Place cards display an excerpt of the overview
• Bug fixes
If you want to support TripTastic, consider writing an App Store review. If you would like to see improvements or if a bug is bothering you, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the feedback feature in the app settings.
Ratings and Reviews
For history buffs
Type in location and get a list of nearby towns. When you click on a link, you get audio detailing the area from its inception to today. The best part is GiGi is free. As a photographer I’m looking forward to learning about local landmarks to photograph.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bizet GmbH
- 25.7 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 TripTastic GmbH