SkookumLogger is a contest logging program for macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) or later, supporting single-mode and and mixed-mode events on 13 bands between 160m and 23cm. You can find lists of supported radios and supported contests at https://k1gq.com/SkookumLogger/index.html.
• Any number of QSOs per log
• Two QSO entry boxes supporting interleaved SO1R, SO2V, SO2R/2BSIQ with one keyboard
• Duplicate checking as callsigns are entered
• Exchange Archive (personal call history file) for exchange pre-fill
• Partial callsign matching against log, Exchange Archive, and Super Check Partials (SCP) database
• Integrated download of the SCP and cty.dat databases
• Separate activity table windows (like band maps) for each contest band
• Multiplier checksheets for countries, regions, prefixes, zones, grids, other
• Time Tracker and Rate Tracker panels
• Score window with band breakdown and scoring for most contests
• Bidirectional DX Cluster packet spotting interface, with skimmer and QSX support
• CW call type-ahead and CW keyboard mode
• Context-sensitive, queued message sending for CW, SSB (using radio DVR), FSK/PSK (using radio encoder)
• Great circle maps with terminator and antenna pattern overlays
• SkookumNet networking for multi-operator/multi-transmitter configurations
• Amplifier standby/operate and drive power controls
• Rotator direction display and control
• Elecraft P3SVGA panadapter display with graphical known-activity overlays
• YCCC SO2R Box+ and YCCC SO2R Mini interfaces including their WinKeyer emulations
• YCCC MOAS antenna switch interface
• XK-24 Keypad interface with red/blue backlights
• Cabrillo export for submitting log entries
• ADIF and CSV export for moving contest QSOs to a general-purpose logger
• Automated log submission via Apple Mail and via web browser
• Statistics report for post-contest analysis of your contest log
• CW Practice mode for developing your running skills off the air
* Added NA Sprint CW and NA Sprint SSB, replacing NA Sprint. Thanks NK4O.
* Added a hidden preference named "ForceZeroPointAndHighlightBackgroundCallColorToWhite" that changes the text foreground color for the active call field to white for zero-point QSOs. Designed and implemented by JH5GHM.
* When rescoring a log, the Suspect QSO flag is set when the notes field contains "X-QSO". This is a way to manually cause a QSO to be marked as X-QSO when exporting to Cabrillo.
* Added eight actions to the menus in the XK-24 Keypad window, requested by SMØHRP:
* Log > Delete Last QSO
* Log > Correct Last QSO
* Radio > Toggle Submode
* Radio > Toggle Submode
* Morse > (toggle) Keyboard Mode
* Morse > (toggle) Key Down
* Activity > Grab to Radio 1
* Activity > Grab to Radio 2
* Added discussion of Dark mode color issues to Help.
* Added Phantom One and Phantom Two amplifier types to support controlling amplifier drive powers in 2T2R. Thanks JH5GHM.
* Remember Phantom amplifier power-on state across restarts. Thanks JH5GHM.
* Replaced provinces with “sections” as multipliers for the UBA DX Contest.
* Replaced the radio button image in the Log window with a square crop and add a second button for radio 2.
* Added behavior to the radio buttons: they now toggle the enable state of the respective radios. The disabled state is indicated by a red X overlaid on the image.
* Changed the DX Cluster button image to indicate the disconnected state with a red X.
* Updated the Log Window Help topic.
* Reinstated Alpha 87A amplifier support. Thanks W2RU.
* Changed the color of the target overlay on maps to white and increased the stroke width from 30% to 50% of the dot diameter, to increase contrast for red/green color-deficient users.
* Removed the leading zero for CQ/ITU zones everywhere except Cabrillo output. Thanks W2CS.
* The CQ count in the Score window was truncated for counts larger than 9,999. Thanks JH5GHM.
* The Explain Suspect QSOs result was unhelpful for the case where the country or zone for a call (e.g. 4U9A) couldn't be determined from the Countries file. Thanks W2RU.
* A Countries file parsing mistake was mis-identifying the country for calls that partially matched exact-match calls in the file. For example KA1I is Guam, SkookumLogger was falsely identifying KA1IS as Guam. Thanks GØTPH.
* Sending CW messages wasn't being disabled when no morse keyer was available.
* The amplifier Enable option wasn't being turned off when an enabled amplifier timed out. Thanks W2RU.
* Polling wasn't working for the TenTec Omni 7 radio. Thanks AF8A.
* In 2T2R, when changing antennas in a certain sequence some previous antenna patterns were incorrectly disappearing in map windows. Thanks GØDVJ.
* The SQ column title was displayed as "…" on macOS 12 (Monterey).
* The Countries checksheet showed extraneous bands on macOS 12. Thanks JH5GHM.
* In 2T2R, the transmit offset display wasn't being updated when RIT/XIT offset was changed with RIT on if the radio didn't have transmit focus. Thanks JH5GHM.
Ratings and Reviews
Happy User Since 2014
Full Disclosure: The developer, Bill, is a long time friend and contesting mentor of mine for almost 20 years.
While SkookumLogger is new to the Apple Store, I have been using SL since 2014 just as Bill started implementing support for Single Operator Two Radio (SO2R). I've used SL as my primary contest logging program from my home QTH from casual to full-time contesting efforts ever since. Stable, great features, and excellent support of Elecraft K3(S) radios. SL has all the features you need to mount a successful contesting effort.
Great Software and Great Support
I have been using SL for several months with several different brands of radio. The program has been almost perfectly stable and has worked wonderfully with several different brand of radio. The continious updates and support the developer have be great!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Willard Myers
- 52 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Bill Myers
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.