Chordio is a powerful composition and music theory tool that makes finding chords and scales fun to learn. You can catalog all your unique chord voicings and progressions in one place. This is an essential tool for modern music producers, composers, and teachers.
Expand your music theory, and coming up with fresh and innovative chord progressions when you want write something new.
It comes with a selection of internal sounds so you can explore its features without recall to any other tools.
Play anything with a connected midi controller, and see the chord names on the Grand Staff in real-time.
Musicians can solo over a chord progression using the built-in sounds. The chord progressions can also be re-arranged or transposed on the fly.
The main features are divided into four workspaces:
• Build-in sequencer to create chord progressions.
• Create custom chords, edit existing chords, get chord inversions, and extended chords.
• Drag & Drop to change the song structure.
• Transpose the entire chord progression with a single tap.
• Create a playlist of custom chord progressions.
• A Chord Types & Vocings panel helps you generate new chords.
• Play-along with a backing rhythm track.
• Save/load songs, export it as MIDl.
• Download chord progressions from a growing collection of Chord Packs.
Modes & Scales
• Interactive way to learn what scales are associated with each mode.
• Learn to play songs at your own pace.
• Download music from a growing collection of Lesson Packs.
• Lessons can be slowed down or pitch changed.
• MIDI keyboard support.
• Build progressions using the chord generators.
• Export MIDI to your DAW or sequencer.
• Custom chords, edit existing chords, get extended chords.
• Play internal sounds.
• Arpeggio, strum and performance modes.
• Mac version include a detachable resizable Keyboard View.
• Customise the Keyboard highlight colour.
• Select chord, to display a range of related scales and chords.
• Tap a note on the Grand Stave to highlight it with a color.
• Choose from selection of backing rhythms that fit specific genres.
• Chord Pattern playback
Always backup your chord progressions!
- Added Keyboard shortcut to loop chord sequence
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Wow, this really ties together so many aspects of learning the piano. Recognizes chords, displays notes on the staff, and includes various chord progression libraries, with some great ones for jazz! There's a few bugs, but at this early stage that's to be expected.
Looking forward to further development on this one! One of the best out there!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Anthony Briscoe
- 39.5 MB
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Anthony Briscoe
- In-App Purchases
- Free Chord Pack $0.00
- Jazz Progressions 01 $1.99
- II-V-I Progression $0.99
- RnB Progressions 01 $1.99
- Neo-Soul Tunes 01 $1.99
- Neo-Soul Progressions 01 $1.99
- Gnossienne No.1 $1.99
- Gymnopedie No.1 $1.99
- Arabesque No.1 $1.99