MarkEdit for Markdown 4+
Delightful writing experience
MarkEdit is a free and **open-source** Markdown editor, for macOS. It's just like _TextEdit_ on Mac but dedicated to `Markdown`.
## What make MarkEdit different
- Privacy focused: doesn't collect any user data
- Native: clean and intuitive, feels right at home on Mac
- Fast: edits 10 MB files easily
- Lightweight: installer size is about 3 MB
- Extensible: seamless Shortcuts integration
> Learn more at https://github.com/MarkEdit-app/MarkEdit.
- Add the ability to directly edit text bundles
- Add options to insert final newline and trim trailing whitespace
- Add option to float windows on top
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app!
Fantastic Markdown text editor. Has found its place in my workflow as a good balance between BBEdit and iA Writer for my txt files.
Nice little markdown editor
Thank you for creating this—it's very generous to open the source code and offer it for free.
So far I've only noticed a few things I'd like to see changed. If you turn off line numbering, the text jumps all the way to the left edge of the window so there's no margin at all. I'd rather have it simply remove the numbers while maintaining the left margin. It would also be wonderful to gray out the markdown characters so they're still visible but don't turn bold or italic and look like part of the word itself. Support for ==highlighting== would be great, too.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- YING ZHONG
- 1.9 MB
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Cyan