READ ANYTIME, ANYWHERE
On the bus, on your break, in your bed—never be without a book. Kindle books you have purchased on Amazon will automatically appear in your app. Kindle Unlimited and Amazon Prime members can select and download Kindle books directly in the app.
FIND YOUR NEXT GREAT READ
• Read the books you buy on Amazon in the Kindle app. Choose from over six million Kindle books (including those with Audible narration), magazines, and comics and start reading in seconds. Explore Amazon Charts best sellers and titles across genres like romance, science fiction, children’s books, self-help, religion, nonfiction, and more—and try any book with a free sample straight from the Kindle app.
• Kindle Unlimited members can enjoy unlimited reading and listening, with the freedom to explore over 1 million titles, thousands of audiobooks, and current magazines.
• Over 1,000 books, magazines, comics, and more included with Amazon Prime.
GO BEYOND PAPER
Turn your iPhone or iPad into a book with the free Kindle app—so you can read anytime, anywhere. Explore these reading features in the Kindle app:
• Read your way. Customize your text size, font type, margins, text alignment, and orientation (portrait or landscape)—and choose whether to turn pages from left to right or continuously scroll. Read comfortably day and night with adjustable brightness and background colors. Go to the Aa menu in your book to get started.
• Look up words, people, and places while you read. Breeze through words you don’t know and characters you can’t remember with the built-in dictionary, X-Ray, Wikipedia lookup, instant translations, and search within your book. Simply tap and hold a word to view its definition, or use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
• Track your reading progress. See what percent of the book you’ve read, real page numbers (for most top titles), and how much time you have left in the chapter or book based on your actual reading speed.
• Bookmark places you want to revisit, and make highlights and take notes throughout your book. Open My Notebook to see all your notes in the same place.
• Hop, skim, and jump with Page Flip. Flip between pages or get a bird’s-eye view of your book with Page Flip—don’t worry, we’ll save your place.
• Zoom in on high-definition color images in Kindle books, magazines, comics, and manga.
• Sync your books across devices. When you’re reading a book, the Kindle app will automatically sync where you left off—along with any bookmarks, highlights, or notes—so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another. Works across the Kindle apps on iOS and Android, Kindle E-readers, PC, and Mac.
• When you can’t read, listen. Switch seamlessly from reading your Kindle book to listening to the Audible book, all within the Kindle app.
• Get notified when authors you love have new releases.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Now I use the Kindle App on my iPad and iPhone
For years I read novels using my different Kindle devices. For the last six years, I've read novels using the free Kindle App on my iPad and iPhone. I appreciate how the App keeps track of what page I’m on between my two Apple devices. If I’m out and stuck waiting, I just use my phone to start reading where I left off the night before on my iPad. The Kindle App will ask if you’d like whatever device you’re using synced with the last page read on the other device.
Another advantage to using the Kindle App on an Apple device is how easy it is to Google anything you want as you read. So when you highlight a word, name or phrase, the App offers a dictionary as well as a Google search. If I want an image of a location or piece of history, it right there. If I want a map of the area you’re reading about, it’s just a click away. I don’t have to call up a browser and enter in the search separately. There are tons of features to explore on the Kindle App. When you finish a book, a list of similar books and authors pops up. Without switching the screen, you can see how many stars each book has earned and read a brief synopsis. The list. Includes other books by the same author you’ve just read as well as a list of all the books mentioned in the story. Searching the Kindle store is just a click away. The Kindle App has continued to expand and add features over the years. It’s pretty amazing! I’m never without a book!
The Kindle App Turned Me into a Book Worm!
Until the Kindle App I could never finish a book. Not sure if it was a physical book’s white glaring background behind the black print or the fact that I was always made aware of how many pages I had left to finish the book that caused me to not read much. However when my daughter told me about the Kindle App and how I could make the print larger, change the background and text color, look up statistics about each character (when they are first introduced into the story and who they were, and where in the book they appear each time) I was anxious to try it. All it took was ONE book and I was hooked. Tailoring the Kindle App settings to my personal preference for easy reading was a HUGE advantage in my mind. I would finish EVERY book I started just because reading - period - was just so pleasant since I had the settings tailored to my liking - black background with white or sepia letters and large print in column style. My eyes NEVER got tired with this setting. A physical book was a completely different story for me. My eyes tired quickly and would start stinging even with my reading glasses. Since I was reading more books it helped me discover the type of books I REALLY loved reading. At the end of each book you get suggestions for more books like the one you just read. I highly recommend the Kindle App!
I do enjoy using The Kindle library, app in my reading. Not just light stories but cryptic serious and educational reading. I have been reading an author who has a large vocabulary and several languages in his writing. I don’t have to put the reading down to get the meaning of new words or phrases. It also allows me to understand his new words. New words ? Yes he uses words not in a standard dictionary but words, thoughts combined in different ways. If a word is not in the given dictionary or Wiki or a foreign word (phrase) and its pronunciation. I do love the author even more as I can begin to understand his reasons for expressing himself in and through a writing. So many authors have strange ways of human expression. I have also been reading a little history about the reasoning behind the forming of our government. These people come to life for me with the Kindle library app.
If you are looking for suggestions mine would be, a larger dictionary and other ways of quickly reviewing a word or phrase. More of the same and more books available. Possibly through a method of converting other formats of text coding, from pdf to many others. Maybe just one at a time as others try to compete with you in this. An app close to Calabria with all improved features you presently have and can improve.
- AMZN Mobile LLC
- 140 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2019 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.