Simple. Reliable. Secure. — WhatsApp from Facebook
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
• New privacy settings allow you to control who can add you to groups. Admins will have the option of sending you a private invite instead. Go to Settings > Account > Privacy > Groups to get started.
• Added call waiting support so you can choose to accept an incoming WhatsApp call while you're already on another call.
• Updated Chats screen design to make it easier to quickly scan your messages.
• You can now send messages directly from the Braille keyboard when using VoiceOver mode.
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app! Ive been a loyal, true fan. I have had whatsapp for years, it marked my a chapter in my life and kept me connected to my family during my time in the military and whatsapp videocall is even better than facetime, until today. Ive never felt such a rollercoaster of emotions towards an app. I cannot believe that still to this day, November 11th 2019. Whatsapp does not allow me to set other ringtones for my messages! I tried choosing in the list but i started having so many flashbacks to 2012 that i just cousnt bring myself to pick one. I am dissapointed and do not feel valued as a supporter. Ive tried other messaging apps but nothing compares to the Crispiness of those voice messages or the mind-boggling speed of the messages. At the end of that terrible weekend i succumbed to my anger and downloaded whatsapp again. Out of the painful list of ringtones i had to conform with “popcorn”. It has the least terrible sound but it sadly reminds me of a dear exgirlfriend that broke because i was “too dramatic”. You guys should add more options.
Ok so I generally love the app. But with the new update came something peculiar about the voice message. Now you can keep listening to the voice even if you turned off the phone or switched to another app, but the catch is that if you’re listening to music and you start to listen to a voice the music doesn’t start automatically after you’re done listening to the voice. Now you have to enter the music app and press play so you can keep listening to the song. I don’t really like that. Another thing I don’t like is that if you take out the read receipts you can’t see if someone saw your status. And that’s really frustrating because you took out the read receipts so no one in the CHATS could see if you saw their text. Not for the status. I would really appreciate it if you took out those two things. Please and thank you!
Camera takes fuzzy photos every time
WhatsApp in general is fine. But every photo I take in the app is fuzzy; and more zoomed in than my normal photos app. It’s like they are putting camera in video mode and taking a screenshot. I guess this is part of their cross platform library but still, I wish it would let the camera app use more native and high quality functionality.
Additionally, it’s wayyy too easy to send things to the wrong person. You can’t remove people from “recently contacted” or “frequently contacted” prompts around iOS for sharing. I’m terrified I will send my girlfriends brother something immodest because his name shows above hers even though our chat volumes are way different.
WhatsApp is a globally loved tool but has some pretty strange UX issues given its financial backer and experienced staff. I will continue to use it as most of the world doesn’t have iMessage; but if they did; I don’t think I’d miss the WhatsApp app that much.
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 143.3 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 WhatsApp Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.