Be the first to know what’s happening in Miami and South Florida. Download today to sign up for alerts, watch newscasts and get the most accurate forecasts.
The NBC 6 South Florida news and weather app connects you with the best local stories, weather forecasts, breaking news, live TV and investigative journalism out of Miami and South Florida.
NBC 6 SOUTH FLORIDA FIRST ALERT WEATHER
+ Exclusive First Alert Doppler 6000 Radar
+ NBC 6 forecasts for your region of South Florida
+ Hourly forecasts featuring a customizable forecast graph
+ Detailed forecast data that includes UV index and dew point
+ Weather alerts for every location saved in the app
+ Complete school weather closings
LOCAL NEWS ALERTS & VIDEO
+ Personalized news alerts
+ Watch live NBC 6 newscasts and streaming content
+ Watch video while you read the story
NBC 6 SOUTH FLORIDA I-TEAM INVESTIGATIONS & MORE
+ Award-winning NBC 6 Investigators stories that get results
+ NBC 6 Responds committed to researching your concerns and complaints and working to recover your money
This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information: https://www.nbcuniversal.com/privacy/notrtoo?brandA=Owned_Stations&intake=NBC_South_Miami
CA Notice: https://www.nbcuniversal.com/privacy/california-consumer-privacy-act?intake=NBC_South_Miami
A brand-new app completely redesigned to innovate the way you get your local news and weather. New and updated features include:
- New daily weather forecast graph lets you customize what information you’d like to see at a glance
- Detailed forecast data that now includes conditions like dew point and UV index
- Improved radar experience lets you view the radar on a full screen, hiding most interface elements to give you the biggest map area possible
- Weather alerts, including free precipitation alerts, for every location saved in the app
- Latest news feed shows all articles published in reverse chronological order
- The homepage reacts and transforms according to the news cycle, highlighting the most important and updated information on every visit
- Improved Alerts inbox, which allows you to delete the stories you've read or keep them to review later
- Dedicated video hub with the latest video feed and videos organized by category
- Dark mode support for all pages
Thanks for downloading. Please rate our app in the app store and keep sending us your feedback to WTVJdigitalfeedback@nbcuni.com. Your comments will help us improve it.
Ratings and Reviews
Part of our daily routine...
Couldn’t live...wouldn’t live without NBC Doppler radar app! Busy, active household... yard services schedules, exercise, walking, boating, family time in the yard, high school kids... tennis and equestrian lessons through the week. Also high school drivers last school year often weather warnings delay school dismissal and driving. We need to know ahead of time precisely where the rain cells are and when. Also, college age daughter in Boston; we monitor what’s happening to her changing weather situation...temps, rain, snow, storms, occasionally amount of daily sunlight (9 hours in winter!). Often flying up to see her or she’s flying home...we check Doppler to know what’s happening in the skies that could effect our flying. Thanks you NBC 6 for this indispensable app! It’s a must. We would be so frustrated without it.
Essential App During Hurricane Irma
...As Hurricane Irma roared towards us in Broward County, South FL, we were glued to NBC6 TV. On air they mentioned this app and I immediately downloaded it to my phone. I was able to watch live coverage via the app for many hours after our own power and internet went out. When our phone services failed we then to simulcast on our am/fm radio via the instructions posted in the app. We were greatly comforted by the familiar voices of our local news team and this app will remain, on my iPhone home screen, permanently.
Not sure how much weight this holds or if others agree but the newer version of the radar is a subpar compared to the previous version. The previous version gave “past”weather/precipitation up to “present” time. You could see if rain was coming your way and just about calculate up to the minute it was going to rain at your location.
The newer version gives you future weather patterns in the radar but doesn’t seem to be accurate. The window of “past” time on the timeline is to short. I’d like to have more “past” time weather on the timeline. The rest of the app is great but I’m looking at other radars/apps now that give me a more accurate idea of weather near me.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- NBCUniversal Media, LLC
- 87.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Copyright 2017, NBCUniversal Media, LLC. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.