***NEW: Watch select full-length movies and TV shows free in the app.***
IMDb is the world’s most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV, and celebrity information. Watch trailers, get showtimes, and buy tickets for upcoming films. Rate and review shows you’ve seen and track what you want to watch using your Watchlist. IMDb takes you behind the scenes with exclusive IMDb Originals, celebrity interviews, and more. Stay up to date with entertainment news, awards, and events. Download the app now.
Sign in to:
• Watch select Hollywood hits and TV favorites, free with IMDb TV
• Add movies and TV shows to your Watchlist
• Rate what you’ve seen
• Get personalized recommendations for movies and TV shows
• Save your favorite theaters
• Create lists to share your movie, TV, and celebrity picks, or make it just for you
• Search our database of more than 5 million movies, TV shows, and entertainment programs, and more than 8 million cast and crew members, including celebrities, actors, actresses, and directors
• Read breaking entertainment news
• Browse quotes, trivia, and goofs
• Get complete event coverage from the Academy Awards (Oscars), Golden Globes, Emmys, San Diego Comic-Con, film festivals, and more
• Check out Best Picture winners, the top-rated and most popular movies and TV shows, and celebrity birthdays
• Receive notifications for the latest trailers, movie showtimes, and breaking news
Decide what to watch and where to watch it:
• Watch the latest trailers, IMDb Originals, and clips from movies and TV shows
• Check movie and TV ratings
• Read user and critic reviews
• Discover titles available to watch on Prime Video
Check showtimes and buy local movie tickets:
• Use your current location to get nearby showtimes
• Sort movie showtimes by start time, end time, genre, rating, and more
• Buy tickets direct from your phone or tablet
IMDb is available worldwide in English (US/UK), Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese.
Do you think we're doing something well? Is there something we've overlooked? Please post your feedback at https://c.getsatisfaction.com/imdb/categories/imdb_ios_app
Like Keanu Reeves in Speed, we have to keep our app moving fast… which is why we’ve improved our loading speed on title and people pages! Hope it feels snappy. We’ve also added recommendations from your Watchlist to the homepage – get inspired this weekend (or register and create a Watchlist if you haven’t already). Thanks for using IMDb!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I love the app...
Edit: Thanks to the devs for responding to the issue. It's either stopped or you fixed it! I love the app! It's helpful and I use it a lot!
**previous review** Recently there has been an invisible ad that pops up when I search for something. I don't have a problem with ads if it keeps the app free, my issue is that I can't click on anything while it's there. Example: I open the app and search for a title, on the search page an empty see-through box appears. If you try to click on something behind/within the box it goes to a video ad. There's no other way around it. I'm not sure if it's on purpose - again I don't mind ads to keep the app free - but it's a little intrusive in that I can't get around it. If it is on purpose, like I need to watch it before continuing, then the feature needs a tune up. The only way to get around it is to close the app entirely and go back in and start over.
Otherwise I love the app, use it a lot, it's very helpful and in my opinion the app is even better than the actual website.
Developer Response ,
Yes, we fixed it! Thanks
Cannot login with ANY 3rd party service or existing account, also cannot create new account
This app is barely usable, and riddled with bugs and glitches. The first and most glaring issue is whenever i try to login to the IMDB app, all i get are various error codes. My internet connection on my phone is working perfectly - obviously or else i wouldn’t be writing this review. When trying to login with an IMDB account, i get a message saying that the app couldn’t process my login right now, and below there’s so techno babble about “error unarchiving object of class AIToken”. When trying to login with Anazon, all i get is an error message that says “the operation couldn’t be completed. AMZNLWAErrorDomain error 9.” When trying to login with Google, it goes so far as to open up the Google account login page, where i select which Google account i want to use - but when that’s done and it comes back to the app - i get another error message that says “Sorry, login with Google isn’t available right now. Error unarchiving object of class AIToken.” Literally the exact same thing that happens with Google also happens when trying to login with Facebook and Apple as well, including the very same error messages.
Idk what you guys did to this app, but right now it’s not in good shape. It used to be very user friendly and mostly glitch-free. But not any more. Please fix this.
Been using IMDB since the beginning of time but....
Excellent app, I use it daily, and always on the fly for a quick search. However with the last update you made the default load page not ‘Search’ but ‘Home’. This is a huge problem for me. First, the ‘Home’ page by design is cool, but because it’s loading content it’s slower to load. Instinctively I expect the home page to have a search bar but it doesn’t. So by the time the page loads I realize I have to manually click the ‘Search’ option in the lower bar. While this isn’t a huge problem, it adds the extra step of me having to having to click the search icon, which is counter-intuitive. This wasn’t the design in all previous IMDB updates, why the change now? This would be a 5 star review but because of the un-intuitive design I’m giving it 3. Not going to lie, I’ve used IMDB less and Google more for quick searches. Please either allow for a ‘Default’ setting where the user can choose what loads on startup or put a search bar on the ‘Home’ page. Even the latter, quick searches mean fast results, and having to wait for a ‘Home’ page to load and cache content every time I start the app doesn’t allow for rapid results.
- 74.3 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 1990-2019 IMDb.com, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.