IMDb is the world’s most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV, and celebrity content. Explore popular movies and TV shows, entertainment news, and the latest awards and events. Track what you want to watch using your Watchlist, and rate movies and shows you’ve seen. Watch video – including exclusive IMDb Originals, trailers, behind-the-scenes clips, and more. Get showtimes near you, buy tickets, and read critic and user reviews.
Please note - IMDb is not a video streaming service. Full-length movies and TV shows are not available within the app.
Sign in to:
• Add movies and TV shows to your Watchlist
• Rate what you’ve seen
• Get personalized recommendations for movies and TV shows
• Save your favorite theaters
• Create lists to share your movie, TV, and celebrity picks, or make it just for you
• Search our database of more than 5 million movies, TV shows, and entertainment programs, and more than 8 million cast and crew members, including celebrities, actors, actresses, and directors
• Read breaking entertainment news
• Browse quotes, trivia, and goofs
• Get complete event coverage from the Academy Awards (Oscars), Golden Globes, Emmys, San Diego Comic-Con, film festivals, and more
• Check out Best Picture winners, the top-rated and most popular movies and TV shows, and celebrity birthdays
• Receive notifications for the latest trailers, movie showtimes, and breaking news
Decide what to watch and where to watch it:
• Watch the latest trailers, IMDb Originals, and clips from movies and TV shows
• Check movie and TV ratings
• Read user and critic reviews
• Discover titles available to watch on Prime Video
Check showtimes and buy local movie tickets:
• Use your current location to get nearby showtimes
• Sort movie showtimes by start time, end time, genre, rating, and more
• Buy tickets direct from your phone or tablet
IMDb is available worldwide in English (US/UK), Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese.
Do you think we're doing something well? Is there something we've overlooked? Please post your feedback at https://c.getsatisfaction.com/imdb/categories/imdb_ios_app
We're in the midst of some longer-term projects right now, so you won't see too many changes in the app this time around. We made some small updates to a number of pages to make them load faster, and fixed a few bugs. Stay tuned - thanks for using IMDb!
Ratings and Reviews
I love the app...
Edit: Thanks to the devs for responding to the issue. It's either stopped or you fixed it! I love the app! It's helpful and I use it a lot!
**previous review** Recently there has been an invisible ad that pops up when I search for something. I don't have a problem with ads if it keeps the app free, my issue is that I can't click on anything while it's there. Example: I open the app and search for a title, on the search page an empty see-through box appears. If you try to click on something behind/within the box it goes to a video ad. There's no other way around it. I'm not sure if it's on purpose - again I don't mind ads to keep the app free - but it's a little intrusive in that I can't get around it. If it is on purpose, like I need to watch it before continuing, then the feature needs a tune up. The only way to get around it is to close the app entirely and go back in and start over.
Otherwise I love the app, use it a lot, it's very helpful and in my opinion the app is even better than the actual website.
Developer Response ,
Yes, we fixed it! Thanks
It’s really sad how This App Has been taken Over by crazy ppl & bots!
You can ONLY trust Critic scores on this site! If a movie has black ppl in it or women in it! Really any other race or gender other then geeky straight white men! Then they will do anything to bring down a score! I’m a gay white man! Let me explain! Example! Avengers EndGame biggest movie of all time! You get on the fan reviews it’s 1/10 for miles! You see all these horrible things about Captain Marvel (ThatIMBD has approved) also saw one about Gomorra slapping Starlord & if it was the other way around that wouldn’t be aloud! Yes really that was a small 3 sentence comment! Then another! “I haven’t seen this film but it doesn’t deserve to have a 8.8! Everyone let’s bring it down” That was approved by IMBD! Where these trolls are creating fake accounts while sitting in there moms basements doing nothing with there lives! I use to be on this app all the time! Now I don’t want anything to W/ it becuz it’s disgusting what IMBD lets these ppl get away w/! It has happened to sooooooo many movies I have looked up! Seriously u want a opinion ask a friend! Or look up EW reviews! Empire Magazines reviews! Or Rolling Stones! All great opinions & very different! Don’t give this trolls the power they want! To literally see a 8.8 drop to a 8.6! That’s like the saddest thing I have ever heard! Not much to live for......
Developer Response ,
We take measures ensuring the rating for a title accurately represents public opinion. As such, we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to reach out!
Review this link for more information:
For further help, reach out here: https://help.imdb.com/contact
I’ve long looked to IMDB for most, if not all of my pop culture news... and unfortunately with the last update I’m forced to use google news instead... The news topic list drones on without a seeming end and in order for me to switch topics (Top, Movies, Tv, Celeb) I either have to scroll all the way back to the top or I have to back out of the news and then open it again and switch. There was a similar issue a few updates back but it was resolved. It’s too clunky now and really like it if they streamlined it again. Until then I’m left giving it a 3 star review... 😞
(Update: I had known about tapping the top of the screen, as I said it’s just a clunky design. Before the update, the topics were at the top and immediately accessible for switching with just a tap. It just felt more streamlined. I am understanding of change and I accept it freely, especially when it makes things easier and functions better. I’m a big fan of the bug fixes that were addressed like when the app would restart as I was changing back and forth between this and other apps. Or when it would close the page I was on when my screen would lock.... Those fixes were great, and I thank you for them.)
Developer Response ,
Hi H16H_C0MM4ND3R, this is the IMDb iOS Team. We've improved News in the app to enable showing all news items in our database from only showing the last 100. To scroll back to the top, simply tap on the iPhone system bar (where you'd usually see time, battery, wifi and other system information) and it will bring you back to the top of the news. Let us know if it works for you.
-IMDb iOS Team
- 74 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 1990-2019 IMDb.com, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.