IMDb is the world’s most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV, and celebrity content. Explore popular movies and TV shows, entertainment news, and the latest awards and events. Track what you want to watch using your Watchlist, and rate movies and shows you’ve seen. Watch video – including exclusive IMDb Originals, trailers, behind-the-scenes clips, and more. Get showtimes near you, buy tickets, and read critic and user reviews.
Please note - IMDb is not a video streaming service. Full-length movies and TV shows are not available within the app.
Sign in to:
• Add movies and TV shows to your Watchlist
• Rate what you’ve seen
• Get personalized recommendations for movies and TV shows
• Save your favorite theaters
• Create lists to share your movie, TV, and celebrity picks, or make it just for you
• Search our database of more than 5 million movies, TV shows, and entertainment programs, and more than 8 million cast and crew members, including celebrities, actors, actresses, and directors
• Read breaking entertainment news
• Browse quotes, trivia, and goofs
• Get complete event coverage from the Academy Awards (Oscars), Golden Globes, Emmys, San Diego Comic-Con, film festivals, and more
• Check out Best Picture winners, the top-rated and most popular movies and TV shows, and celebrity birthdays
• Receive notifications for the latest trailers, movie showtimes, and breaking news
Decide what to watch and where to watch it:
• Watch the latest trailers, IMDb Originals, and clips from movies and TV shows
• Check movie and TV ratings
• Read user and critic reviews
• Discover titles available to watch on Prime Video
Check showtimes and buy local movie tickets:
• Use your current location to get nearby showtimes
• Sort movie showtimes by start time, end time, genre, rating, and more
• Buy tickets direct from your phone or tablet
IMDb is available worldwide in English (US/UK), Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese.
Do you think we're doing something well? Is there something we've overlooked? Please post your feedback at https://c.getsatisfaction.com/imdb/categories/imdb_ios_app
"Never show anyone. They'll beg you and they'll flatter you for the secret, but as soon as you give it up... you'll be nothing to them." Christian Bale was right in The Prestige - you won't see the changes in this update, and we're not telling! (Bug fixes and under-the-hood changes). Thanks for using IMDb!
(In 9.12.1, we also fixed a crash)
Ratings and Reviews
I love the app...
Edit: Thanks to the devs for responding to the issue. It's either stopped or you fixed it! I love the app! It's helpful and I use it a lot!
**previous review** Recently there has been an invisible ad that pops up when I search for something. I don't have a problem with ads if it keeps the app free, my issue is that I can't click on anything while it's there. Example: I open the app and search for a title, on the search page an empty see-through box appears. If you try to click on something behind/within the box it goes to a video ad. There's no other way around it. I'm not sure if it's on purpose - again I don't mind ads to keep the app free - but it's a little intrusive in that I can't get around it. If it is on purpose, like I need to watch it before continuing, then the feature needs a tune up. The only way to get around it is to close the app entirely and go back in and start over.
Otherwise I love the app, use it a lot, it's very helpful and in my opinion the app is even better than the actual website.
Developer Response ,
Yes, we fixed it! Thanks
I’ve long looked to IMDB for most, if not all of my pop culture news... and unfortunately with the last update I’m forced to use google news instead... The news topic list drones on without a seeming end and in order for me to switch topics (Top, Movies, Tv, Celeb) I either have to scroll all the way back to the top or I have to back out of the news and then open it again and switch. There was a similar issue a few updates back but it was resolved. It’s too clunky now and really like it if they streamlined it again. Until then I’m left giving it a 3 star review... 😞
(Update: I had known about tapping the top of the screen, as I said it’s just a clunky design. Before the update, the topics were at the top and immediately accessible for switching with just a tap. It just felt more streamlined. I am understanding of change and I accept it freely, especially when it makes things easier and functions better. I’m a big fan of the bug fixes that were addressed like when the app would restart as I was changing back and forth between this and other apps. Or when it would close the page I was on when my screen would lock.... Those fixes were great, and I thank you for them.)
Developer Response ,
Hi H16H_C0MM4ND3R, this is the IMDb iOS Team. We've improved News in the app to enable showing all news items in our database from only showing the last 100. To scroll back to the top, simply tap on the iPhone system bar (where you'd usually see time, battery, wifi and other system information) and it will bring you back to the top of the news. Let us know if it works for you.
-IMDb iOS Team
The BEST APP EVER!
I use the IMDB Every Day, normally SEVERAL times a day! The only other App that even comes close is my Bible apps! The amount of information available at the tip of my fingers is Outstanding! The only thing I wish The owners the IMDB app would bring back is the ability to note “Goofs”! I love the ability to note “Trivia” is Great but I sure do miss reading the goofs that people were able to notice and comment on. I wish y’all would consider bringing that one little feature back. Other than that, it’s amazing how much information that’s stored and available to us free of charge! I frequently ask other people who don’t have the IMDB on their Smartphone one simple question: “WHY?”
On a side note, when the window popped up in the app asking me to rate IMBD, I gave you the highest available star, but when I went to write my comments, the message line on the “Write a Review” section of the review said to “Tap a Star to Rate”. Although I tried tapping on the fifth star, meaning the Highest Rating, nothing happened. Just thought I’d let you know!
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for the nice feedback, and for using IMDb!
- 63.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 1990-2019 IMDb.com, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.