IMDb is the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV, and celebrity information. Watch trailers, get showtimes, and buy tickets for upcoming films. Rate and review shows you've seen and track what you want to watch using your Watchlist. IMDb takes you behind the scenes with exclusive IMDb Originals, celebrity interviews, and more. Stay up to date with entertainment news, awards, and events.
Sign in to:
• Get personalized recommendations for shows and movies
• Track what you want to watch with your Watchlist
• Rate and review what you've watched
• Save your favorite theaters
• Create and share lists of movies, shows, and celebrities
Discover what to watch - and where to watch it:
• Browse popular favorites and personalized top picks
• Compare watch options to find the best place to watch any title
• Read user and critic reviews
• Watch the latest trailers, IMDb Originals, and clips
• Search for more than 5 million shows, movies, and entertainment programs - and more than 8 million cast and crew members
• Read breaking entertainment news
• Browse quotes, trivia, and goofs
• Get complete event coverage from the Academy Awards (Oscars), Golden Globes, Emmys, San Diego Comic-Con, film festivals, and more
• Check out Best Picture winners, top rated movies, popular shows, celebrity birthdays, and more
• Receive notifications for the latest trailers, movie showtimes, and breaking news
Check showtimes and buy local movie tickets:
• Use your current location to get nearby showtimes
• Sort movie showtimes by start time, end time, genre, rating, and more
• Buy tickets directly from your phone or tablet
IMDb is available worldwide in English (US/UK), Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese.
Do you think we're doing something well? Is there something we've overlooked? Please post your feedback at http://c.getsatisfaction.com/imdb/categories/imdb_ios_app
The most important commodity that I know of is information.” We agree with Gordon Gekko’s Wall Street remark and know he’d love IMDb’s new home screen widgets to keep his favorite entertainment information at his fingertips. We hope you do too. With iOS 14, you can add IMDb widgets to your home screen to glance at latest information on what to watch, entertainment news, popular trailers, and celebrity birthdays. We also fixed bugs to improve your overall experience. Enjoy, and thanks for using IMDb!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I love the app...
Edit: Thanks to the devs for responding to the issue. It's either stopped or you fixed it! I love the app! It's helpful and I use it a lot!
**previous review** Recently there has been an invisible ad that pops up when I search for something. I don't have a problem with ads if it keeps the app free, my issue is that I can't click on anything while it's there. Example: I open the app and search for a title, on the search page an empty see-through box appears. If you try to click on something behind/within the box it goes to a video ad. There's no other way around it. I'm not sure if it's on purpose - again I don't mind ads to keep the app free - but it's a little intrusive in that I can't get around it. If it is on purpose, like I need to watch it before continuing, then the feature needs a tune up. The only way to get around it is to close the app entirely and go back in and start over.
Otherwise I love the app, use it a lot, it's very helpful and in my opinion the app is even better than the actual website.
Developer Response ,
Yes, we fixed it! Thanks
Sound Sound Sound!
Well written. Well acted. Special effects are totally acceptable. Not great, but good enough to realize they maximized what they had. It’s biggest drawback is the sound mastering. I don’t think there is any. I’m constantly turning the volume up and down to hear dialogue and whatever. It’s a common mistake I see in many fan films, but especially disappointing in one otherwise as good as this.
Given the latest rules handed down about Star Trek fan films, I’m not even sure how this even exists. It’s stuff like this that have kept Star Trek alive for the fans. They reflect a genuine, common idea of what they all love about it. To squish that is a disservice to the Star Trek property, but more importantly, a disservice to the lifelong fans of Star Trek.
These fan films provide what they want to see, in addition to what is being offered by CBS Plus (or whatever it’s called) and Paramount’s noticeably not-Star Treky Star Trek movies. I like them just fine and I thoroughly enjoy them, but it’s not at all what these fan films are providing. CBS seems to think of these longer fan films and episodes as direct competitors, but why on earth would they even think that? I mean, I’m a big Star Trek fan (but I know of bigger ones) and I consume everything Star Trek regardless of its origin. As do we all.
Been using IMDB since the beginning of time but....
Excellent app, I use it daily, and always on the fly for a quick search. However with the last update you made the default load page not ‘Search’ but ‘Home’. This is a huge problem for me. First, the ‘Home’ page by design is cool, but because it’s loading content it’s slower to load. Instinctively I expect the home page to have a search bar but it doesn’t. So by the time the page loads I realize I have to manually click the ‘Search’ option in the lower bar. While this isn’t a huge problem, it adds the extra step of me having to having to click the search icon, which is counter-intuitive. This wasn’t the design in all previous IMDB updates, why the change now? This would be a 5 star review but because of the un-intuitive design I’m giving it 3. Not going to lie, I’ve used IMDB less and Google more for quick searches. Please either allow for a ‘Default’ setting where the user can choose what loads on startup or put a search bar on the ‘Home’ page. Even the latter, quick searches mean fast results, and having to wait for a ‘Home’ page to load and cache content every time I start the app doesn’t allow for rapid results.
- 79.5 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 1990-2019 IMDb.com, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.